Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

late christmas present

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ericr0319

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: late christmas present Reply with quote

if you could ask santa for one REALISTIC offseason move what would it be. free agent, release someone, trade, draft pick.

what i think we need and should do is trade/cut jstew or dwill. having both on this team is terrible. the two back system was cute a couple years ago, but now its back to being a one back league. idc if we get a 7th rounder, i would be fine. giving stewart that contract was retarded.

i cant stand watching our games and all the commentators talk how we need to run the ball panthers style. well yes, that was when we had john fox and jake delhomme. trying to make them both happy does not work. neither can find their groove, it takes plays away from cam, and TOLBERT. look what happens when tolbert is involved. he needs way more time on the field. one of these backs NEEDS to go.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we could make a move to land a top flight DT. I think that's the only thing missing from our D. If we were able to get that, I think that we would be mentioned among the Seattles and SF's of the NFL in terms of D.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
I wish we could make a move to land a top flight DT. I think that's the only thing missing from our D. If we were able to get that, I think that we would be mentioned among the Seattles and SF's of the NFL in terms of D.

You really think so with our cruddy secondary? I would add a solid safety, leave gamble/norman at cb and have Godfrey at SS

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
boondock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:

You really think so with our cruddy secondary? I would add a solid safety, leave gamble/norman at cb and have Godfrey at SS

It's one or the other. We have average Safeties, but a top flight DT would make them even better. We could get buy with the DBs we have if we got a high end DT. Our DEs are awesome, a DT makes them even better.

I've always been a proponent of building up your strengths rather than focusing on your weaknesses.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would ask for star lotulelei or jarius byrd

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:

It's one or the other. We have average Safeties, but a top flight DT would make them even better. We could get buy with the DBs we have if we got a high end DT. Our DEs are awesome, a DT makes them even better.

I've always been a proponent of building up your strengths rather than focusing on your weaknesses.

Agreed, but lets say we beat the Aints on sunday...where that places us in the draft, there aren't going to be many stud DT left out there

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Moody

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:

Yes, and building the front four will improve the secondary. Building the secondary doesn't improve our run defense, though. I'd rather pick a player that helps Keek, Hardy and CJ get better match ups.

They did wonders with the corners and safeties this year. I think we've found a good batch of capable players. Josh Thomas and DJ Campbell are at least great depth. We'll see what happens when we add a guy like Gamble behind this pass rush. He may see some safety work. He's not a press corner but his instincts are great.

If they add a DT along with resigning Dwan Edwards I could see them being a top five defense. I don't think they'll stumble out of the gate like the offense did this year.
FriendlyEnemy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:

Agreed, but lets say we beat the Aints on sunday...where that places us in the draft, there aren't going to be many stud DT left out there

I disagree. I think we will be in perfect position to get a guy like Sheldon Richardson or the DT out of Georgia. We will still have a top 20 pick and this years class of DTs is pretty deep.

^^Peppers90^^
faccda01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriendlyEnemy wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:
Toughguy77 wrote:
boondock wrote:

I disagree. I think we will be in perfect position to get a guy like Sheldon Richardson or the DT out of Georgia. We will still have a top 20 pick and this years class of DTs is pretty deep.

Also the cost of trading up is going to be way less than in past drafts due to the weak class. If someone slips a bit we can sneak in a get them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about trading up. We've seen what trading up has done to us in the past (Otah, Edwards, Brown) and I think we need to use all of our picks.

^^Peppers90^^
wild style

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has been the coaching of cam! I wanted us to trade him for half the season and get a more accurate qb. Not now cam is throwing lasers on passes under or up to 15 yards and he is on the money! He still has no touch but its not needed with the plays we are calling:)

With that said lets fix the o line!!!! Peterson could not run behind our line! Ever sense otah got hurt we have had no wholes to run through:(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: