Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 freaking Mocks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: 2 freaking Mocks. Reply with quote

First Mock: Jets switch the offense to WCO and defense to 4-3.

Second Mock: Jets keep the team and upgrade offensive coaching.

Mock #1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?confirm=true&id=09000d5d80d9b253&template=with-video-with-comments

I chose one from the Group 4. I went to the one who has practiced the West Coast Offense for many years. I believe WCO will bolster Jets' pathetic side for better balance. He has been serving under Ted Thompson, Packers' general manager, who believes in coaching quality and heavy BPA philosophy for draft. His name is.

GM: John Dorsey
http://www.packers.com/team/staff/john-dorsey/a9f93caf-e278-472c-99cd-4d693e8586bd

HC: Jon Gruden
OC: Marty Mornhinweg
DC: Mike Trgovac or Butch Davis/Ron Meeks.

3 inexperienced head coaches in a row after Bill Parcels should prompt Jets to go with a veteran one for a change. Jets would have to collect all veterans for top 3 coaching positions (head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators).

Jon Gruden's background intrigued me a lot. He founded the small association (FFCA). One word in this article won me instantly. heh.. Anyway, Gruden wasn't fazed with Buccaneers' problematic budget that our would be fired GM, Mike Tannebaum, told his friend, a future hall of fame head coach Bill Parcels, to stay away from. Gruden won the Super Bowl game in his first debut as Buccaneers' head coach. Afterward, Buccaneers went 7-9, 5-11,11-5, 9-7,9-7 in next 5 seasons. He was a victim of failing salary management.

Gruden usually worked on one side (offense) and let his defensive coordinator worked on defense. It may be because he was callling offensive plays. Now, I don't know whether or not he will do the same thing for Jets but I think Mornhinweg is a good fit because of quarterback situation and WCO guru. Also, he has been around NFL for thousands of years so he meets the coaching merits of mine.

Gruden could keep 3-4 defense but I believe there is presumably only one solid 3-4 defensive coordinator available for Gruden. His name is Romeo Crennel. I am going to pass over him for 4-3 DC. Dorsey could bring his man Trgovac with him but I am not sure about Trgovac's daughter's situation. If it is a go then he could fix the defense without any setbacks, barring injury. Panthers were considered one of top defenses in NFL with Trgovac in charge.

Butch Davis wants to coach college team but he will need to wait until the March court is adjourned. By that time, many college spots are already filled up so he takes DC job with Ron Meeks handling DL for one year. Once Davis finds a college job after 2013 season, Meeks will take over DC.

2013 Salary for ALL: 143m (12m over the 2012 cap)

Trade: Salary Adjustment: 12.99m Saving.

Arrow A) 5th Round Pick and 2014's 5th Round Pick to Lions for QB Shaun Hill.

Rich Gannon was 34 years old when he got his first pro bowl selection for Gruden's Raiders. He added 2 more seasons under Gruden. 37 years old Jeff Garcia helped Gruden to get out of cellar (4-12 season) to clinch the playoff berth.

Hill will be 33 years old next season and is capable of 250 passing yards per game as a full time starter. It is a better gamble than reaching any quarterback in the first round desperately.

2013 Salary: 2.750m Charge

Arrow B) WR Santonio Holmes to Texans for 6th Round Pick and 2014 conditional pick.

It is not necessary to trade him away but if there is a team who wants secondary WR then I am all for it.

2013 Salary:12.5 - 3.75= 8.75 Saving

Arrow C) QB Mark Sanchez to Cardinals for 2014 Conditional 5th-7th Round Pick.

Sanchez agreed to take a pay cut that reduced from 12.8 to 6.5m to be a full time starter for Cardinals. Kevin Kolb's 2013 would be 9 m. If Cardinals released Sanchez in order to save their budget after 2013 then Jets would get 2014's 7th round pick. 5th for contract restructured. 6th for taking the original contract.

2013 Salary: 12.83 -6.4 = 6.43m Saving

Arrow D) OL Caleb Schlauderaff to Broncos for 5th Round Pick.

Schlauderaff is a ZBS material so I don't think keeping him around will benefit Jets.

2013 Salary: 555k Saving

Cut: Salary Adjustment: 32.82m Saving.

Arrow A) OLB Calvin Pace - [i] 8.56m Saving

Arrow B) LB Bart Scott - 7.15m Saving
Arrow C) QB Tim Tebow - 1.53m Saving
Arrow D) T Jason Smith - 12m Saving
Arrow E) S Eric Smith - 3m Saving
Arrow F) RB Joe McKnight - 575k Saving

Re-Signee: Salary Adjustment: 10m Spending.

Arrow LS Tanner Purdum (RFA). non-tendered. 600k.
Arrow TE Jeff Cumberland (RFA). non-tendered. 600k.
Arrow TE Dustin Keller. F-tagged. 6.2m.
Arrow RT Austin Howard (RFA). non-tendered. 600k.
Arrow SS Yeremiah Bell. 1 year 2m guaranteed.

Free Agent: 2013 Salary Adjustment: 18.8m Spending.

Arrow RG Louis Vasquez. 5 years 12.5m guaranteed.

26 years Guard with a plenty of game started on his rookie contract. Pay him up to stabilize OL.

2013 Salary: 1.5m Charge

Arrow WR Greg Jennings. 5 years 20m guaranteed.

He is a legit WCO WR and easily number one WR on the Jets roster. Last year, Vicnent Jackson and Pierre Garcon got 26m and 20.5m guaranteed, respectively.

2013 Salary: 5.5m Charge

Arrow WR Austin Collie: 1 year 1.8m guaranteed.

Talented WR with a dozen of injuries will prevent him from a big contract. High reward, low risk contract.

2013 Salary: 1.8m Charge

Arrow LB Daryl Smith. 3 years 8m guaranteed.

He had been starting caliber until 2012 due to injury. He is a natural SLB in 4-3 and should be ready to ride hard despite of being 31 years old next season.

2013 Salary: 5m Charge

Arrow LB Justin Durant. 3 years 4.5m guaranteed.

He had played with Smith back in Jacksonville (07-10). He played MLB once (09) but it is hard to find a complete MLB in 4-3 and the natural SLB has experience which is essential for switching from 3-4 to 4-3 in no time.

Arrow DE William Hayes. 3 years 3m guaranteed.

He looks like he can harass quarterback well but I am not sure he is for real on consistent basis. Good depth if not a starter.

2013 Salary: 2m Charge

Arrow DB Glover Quin. 5 years 7m guaranteed.

He will start at FS until Bush is ready to handle FS job. He is ideal for Bell's replacement as SS in near future.

Draft: 6m Spending.

Arrow 1. DE Sam Montgomery, LSU.

He may or may not register a 10+ sack season but he surely creates a lot of action in backfield. From L-R: Coples, Ellis, Wilkerson, Montgomery. If you disagree with it then there is something's wrong with you.

Arrow 2. G Brian Winters, Kent State.

He had played T in the college years and will make a case himself that he can play LT at next level. However, his best future will be LG.

Arrow 3. OLB Jamie Collins, Southern Mississippi.

Only 3 LBs on the roster? I don't think so. Collins offers good coverage skill and pass rushing skill.

Arrow 4. QB Zac Dysert, Miami-Fl.

He has all tools to be NFL above average qb. His skill set is not there yet. He is easily becoming number 2 quarterback behind Hill.

Arrow 5. (Broncos). RB/WR D.J. Harper, Boise State.

Jets lack of speed playmaker so here he is. He has good hands and YAC ability. Leon Washington duo?

Arrow 6. LB Bruce Taylor, Virginia Tech.

He has struggled to heal 2 years old Lisfranc fracture (Right Foot). He will be groomed to be MLB.

Arrow 6. (Texans). RB George Winn, Cincinnati.

Jets' RB/FB blocking grade has to be an F. Winn has all tools to be most complete back including blocking skill.

Arrow 7. WR Luke Tasker, Cornell.

This pick is "whatever". The son of the Special Team King could be our Wes Walker.

"Make it" Undraftees:

FB Zach Line, SMU.
K Quinn Sharp, Oklahoma State.
DL Spencer Nealy, Texas A&M.
IOL Joe Madsen, West Virginia.
QB Casey Brockman, Murray State.
OL Jordan Devey, Memphis.
TE Ben Cotton, Nebraska.
DB Keith McGill, Utah.

Financial:

Starting line- 143m
Carryover- 3m
Trade Section- 12.99m Saving.
Cut Section- 32.82m Saving.
Retention Section- 10m Spending.
Free Agent Section- 18.8m Spending.
Draft- 6m Spending.

The budget is slightly under the cap but few players' contracts will be restructured for small change if necessary during 2013 season. The cap room may be bigger if I put up the exact number for each signee and 2012 carryover number.

Revis' contract has to wait because he "can't" holdout until after 2013 season.

>>>I absentmindedly set up the salary cap of 131m for 2013. 10m can be fixed by restructuring Ferguson, Harris and Mangold. They are not going anywhere so it should be easily done.<<<<

Depth Chart:

Offensive Side-

LT: Ferguson, Devey.
LG: Winters.
OC: Mangold, Madsen.
RG: Vasquez, Ducasse.
RT: Howard.

Winters and Devey can play all positions except C. Ducasse only plays either G with T emergency. Madsen can play all IOL positions.

QB: Hill, Dysert, Brockman(PS).
RB: Powell, Winn, Harper.
FB: Line.
TE: Keller, Cumberland, Cotton, Smith.
WR: Jennings, Hill, Collie, Kerley, White, Gates.

RB depth looks thin but Line and Kerley can play HB. Smith could line up as FB.

Defensive Side-

LE: Coples, Hayes.
NT: Ellis, Pouha, Harrison.
UT: Wilkerson, Nealy(PS).
RE: Montgomery, McIntyre.
SLB: Smith, Collins.
MLB: Harris, Durant, Taylor(PS).
WLB: Davis, Mauga.
CB: Revis, Cromartie, Lankster, Wilson, Walls.
SS: Bell, Allen.
FS: Quin, Bush, McGill(PS).

Starting team looks strong but depth looks questionable. It is on coaching to strengthen the depth. Wilson, Walls and McGill should play both FS and CB.

Special Team-

P: Malone.
K: Sharp.
LS: Purdum.

Mock #2

GM: Scott Cohen.
HC: Rex Ryan.
DC: Mike Pettine.
OC: Norv Turner.
AHC: Cam Cameron.

I don't think Jets should search outside the Jets brass unless Jets want to be revamped completely. The way I see offense and special team only need to modify a little bit. Better talents and coaching will fix those problems. I don't buy the comments in NFL community about measuring scouting director by drafts. Director is not GM at all.

4 reasons why Scott Cohen is the right man; Pro scouting, assistant general manager, college scouting and familiar with Rex Ryan's work. His resume is richer comparing Mike Tannenbaum who only had salary management on his resume.

As Jets GM, Cohen will keep Rex Ryan and Mike Pettine as HC and DC. The offensive coaching staff will be all cleared out. Hired Norv Turner as offensive coordinator and Cam Cameron as QB/ AHC. That means Turner and Cameron have power to handle offense completely.

2013 Salary for ALL: 143m (22m over the 2012 cap)

Cut: Salary Adjustment: 25.09m Saving.

A) OLB Calvin Pace - 8.56m Saving
B) QB Tim Tebow - 1.53m Saving
C) S Eric Smith - 3m Saving
D) T Jason Smith - 12m Saving

Modified Contract Salary Adjustment: 29.65m Saving.

A) LB Bart Scott - 8.65 - 3.5m = 5.15m Saving
B) QB Mark Sanchez - 12.85 - 6.5m = 6.5m Saving
C) LB David Harris - 13- 5m = 8m Saving
D) LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson- 10.72- 5.72m = 5m Saving
F) C Nick Mangold- 9.12- 4.12m = 5m Saving

Re-Signee: Salary Adjustment: 24m Spending.

LS Tanner Purdum (RFA). non-tendered. 600k.
TE Jeff Cumberland (RFA). non-tendered. 600k.
TE Dustin Keller. F-tagged. 6.2m.
RT Austin Howard (RFA). non-tendered. 600k.
SS Yeremiah Bell. 1 year 3m guaranteed.
WR Braylon Edwards. 1 year 2.5m guaranteed.
LG Matt Slauson. 3 years 4m guaranteed. 1.5m charge.
FS LaRon Landry. 3 years 12m guaranteed. 5m charge.
OLB Bryan Thomas. 2 years 3.5m guaranteed. 2m charge.

Free Agent: Salary Adjustment: 5m Spending.

A) QB Matt Moore. 2 years 5m guaranteed. 2.5m charge.
B) OL Ramon Foster. 4 years 7m guaranteed. 2.5m charge.

Draft: Salary Adjustment: 4.8m Spending.

Arrow 1. Traded to Bears (1.11 for 1.20 and 2.50) Bears took T Jake Mathews, Texas A&M.

Arrow 1.20. OLB John Simon, Ohio State.

I am not crazy about taking any defender from this university but his work ethic and power/relentless combo are off the charts.

Arrow 2. RB Eddie Lacy, Alabama.

He is a dynamtic runner with solid receiving hands. He is perfect fit for Norv Turner's system.

Arrow 2.50. DE Margus Hunt, Southern Methodist.

Yes, we have Coples and Wilkerson with Ellis inside but this caveman has huge upside and Coples has attitude. Give him 2 years backing Coples and Wilkerson up and see what happens afterward.

Arrow 3. OLB Travis Long, Washington State.

He will remind us of Brooks Reed who went 2nd round two drafts ago. He had done well in his first debut as 3-4 OLB for Mike Leach but he will need more seasonings to refine his new skills.

Arrow 4. OL Manase Foketi, West Texas A&M.

His value keeps rising. He is capable of playing LT but he can play anywhere but C. He and Foster will compete against Austin Howard for RT job. Foster would take RG job if he loses. Foketi may take over LG if Slauson continues struggling at run blocking. Talent to push around the OL is a must.

Arrow 5. WR Aaron Mellette, Elon.

He could be next Vincent Jackson. Big and fast WR fits the coyell system. He will be groomed behind Edwards if he does not beat Edwards or Hill for whatever high spot in WR depth.

Arrow 6. QB Ryan Radcliff, Central Michigan.

QB of the future? I don't know but he is Tim Tebow without wildcat quality. Radcliff has natural presence in the pocket. He has enough arm for the coyell system that Greg McElroy will struggle to fit in.

Arrow 7. RB Miguel Maysonet, Stony Brook.

He actually is a Hofstra player but there is no more football program in Hofstra. He would become the first NFL draftee from Stony Brook. I like to honor that.

"Make it" Undraftees:

OLB Eric Martin, Nebraska.
K Quinn Sharp, Oklahoma State.
TE Ryan Griffin, Connecticut.
FB Willie Carter, Tulsa.

Financial:

Starting Point: 143m
Carryover: 3m
Cut Section: 25.09m saving.
Restructure Section: 29.65m saving.
Re-sign Section: 24m spending.
Free Agent Section: 5m spending.
Draft Section: 4.8m spending.

Depth Chart:

Offensive Side-

LT: Ferguson, Foketi.
LG: Slauson.
OC: Mangold, Schlauderaff.
RG: Foster, Ducasse.
RT: Howard.

QB: Moore, Sanchez, Radcliff(PS).
RB: Lacy, Powell, Maysonet(PS), McKnight.
FB: Carter.
TE: Keller, Cumberland, Griffin, Smith.
WR: Holmes, Edwards, Hill, Kerley, Mellette, Gates.

Defensive Side-

LE: Coples, Hunt.
NT: Ellis, Pouha, Harrison.
DE: Wilkerson.
OLB: Thomas, Long, Martin.
ILB: Scott, Bellore.
MLB: Harris, Davis, Mauga.
OLB: Simon, McIntyre.
CB: Revis, Cromartie, Lankster, Wilson, Walls.
SS: Bell, Allen.
FS: Landry, Bush.

Special Team-

P: Malone.
K: Sharp.
LS: Purdum.

Last edited by quietjetsket on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second one is bad, the first one is abominable
teamorange

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two fifths for Shaun Hill????

SHAUN HILL????

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Shaun Hill for starting QB

I hate the Jaguars
green24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey has the greatest smile ever. What's the full contract values for the free agents that you signed? I don't think Dysert makes it to the 4th. His stock is rising.

I like Hunt, but we can't afford a luxury pick like that.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Dorsey has the greatest smile ever. What's the full contract values for the free agents that you signed? I don't think Dysert makes it to the 4th. His stock is rising.

I like Hunt, but we can't afford a luxury pick like that.

Dysert's worst would be 4th round. I basically cheated it as BPA. lol.

I use guaranteed money for future cap challenger. I use charge for 2013 salary cap. I am not going to get deeper on detailed contracts.

8m guaranteed, 3m charge. That means Jets will be in debt for 5m if they dump a player in the following season. Guaranteed money usually is paid off early on contract.

I still go get Hunt because Jets could use him as standing up 4-3 DE with Wilkerson and Ellis on 3 points. Also, I don't have DeVito on the roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: