Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brandon Joiner Expected Out Of Prison Soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Brandon Joiner Expected Out Of Prison Soon Reply with quote

Quote:
Brandon Joiner, a former Cincinnati Bengals undrafted free agent, has been paroled and should be out of prison within a few weeks.

Joiner, who ran a 4.84 during his March 27, 2012 Pro Day, was named the Sun Belt Defensive Player of the Year, leading the league with 12 quarterback sacks.

He also generated at least a partial sack in 10 of 12 games during his final collegiate season. Joiner was also named to the All-Sun Belt Conference First-Team, ranked second in the league with an average 1.29 tackles-for-loss per game.

Unfortunately a 2007 criminal act landed Joiner in prison with a sentence of three years, indicted for two counts of aggravated robbery and one charge of felony drug possession earlier this year.

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/12/26/3805266/linebacker-brandon-joiner-expected-out-of-prison-within-a-few-weeks

I've seen a lot of talk about Joiner from other Bengal fans but very little on here. He's an interesting prospect. I watched what I could of him at AK State and he definitely dominated against lesser competition.

He won't do anything this year, but next year, him and Moch provide some intriguing pass rushing prospects...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know if I want to go down this path any more.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
I dont know if I want to go down this path any more.

I agree. Our defense is too good to bring in guys like this and mess up the chemistry or the talent to felon ratio.
Who-dey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He made a mistake almost 6 years ago and has been a model student and athlete since. He deserves a shot.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer
Carson4MVP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who-dey wrote:
He made a mistake almost 6 years ago and has been a model student and athlete since. He deserves a shot.

Making a mistake is letting a red sock get in with your white dress shirts or trying to get an extra mile out of that last gallon of gas and getting stranded on the side of the road. Kicking in a door and beating up a person, duct-taping them and robbing them at gun-point? You have pretty much lost the right to play in the league. Of course the Bengals will give him a shot...
Beck Bristow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the fact that they brought him in once already knowing his situation indicates they plan on giving him a chance.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carson4MVP wrote:
Who-dey wrote:

Making a mistake is letting a red sock get in with your white dress shirts or trying to get an extra mile out of that last gallon of gas and getting stranded on the side of the road. Kicking in a door and beating up a person, duct-taping them and robbing them at gun-point? You have pretty much lost the right to play in the league. Of course the Bengals will give him a shot...

I thought he stole a laptop or something. 3 year sentence with early release doesn't make sense for a crime that violent.

Adopt a Bengal: Reggie Nelson and Mike Zimmer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: