Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree easily with Gresham I don't even think thats close.

Im not saying at this point Eiffert is top 20 necessarily but he is worthy of a first round selection and anywhere in the 20's. I would easily go with Hopkins Top 10. Eiffert has great ability to separate for the ball in traffic, he doesn't exactly have Andrew Luck or Nick Foles for that matter throwing to him either.

...you have a forum resume?
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
I disagree easily with Gresham I don't even think thats close.

I respect if you dont agree, but not even close?

Youre either drastically overrating Eifert or drastically underrating how good of a prospect Gresham was.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Steelers22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently read that the steelers are "drooling" over the thought of selecting "Ansah" Take it with a grain of salt obviously but still. I think some team will fall in love with him anyway so I don't see him falling to us to begin with

props to dawg24

Last edited by Steelers22 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Troofax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiferts a fine prospect, and I wouldn't mind him a bit. Certainly rather Eifert than Williams, lol.

He high points the ball as well as any tight end that's come out in a while..He would add more value than Williams and it's not close.

I'll take Eifert anyday. About time Steeler fans start catching up to the new NFL.
3. Robert Woods WR USC
4. Jonathan Franklin RB UCLA

That's all I got, will fill in the rest later.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
Recently read that the steelers are "drooling" over the tought of selecting "Ansah" Take it with a grain of salt obviously but still. I think some team will fall in love with him anyway so I don't see him falling to us to begin with

Reportedly, the Lions are in love with him. They pick at 5. Im not sure how high his stock will jump, but given the Lions desperation for a pass rushing DE and his upside, I wont be shocked if he is a Lion.

armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems others realize Patterson struggles running routes...from NFP Russ Lande...there is much talent in this draft and this guy is a huge risk.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Players-that-did-not-shine-at-Sundays-Combine-workout.html

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
Eiferts a fine prospect, and I wouldn't mind him a bit. Certainly rather Eifert than Williams, lol.

He high points the ball as well as any tight end that's come out in a while..He would add more value than Williams and it's not close.

I'll take Eifert anyday. About time Steeler fans start catching up to the new NFL.

This is the difference I see in him and is where my comparisons originate.

Perhaps Im undervaluing Gresham in my statement but they are different animals. Gresham athletic but Eiffert's separation ability is special at times and that ability to high point. Gresham was not standout for me in either of these categories in the air. Fleener is a better comparison to Eiffert and Gresham perhaps the kid from the Jets, the name which is slipping my mind.

...you have a forum resume?
Troofax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Troofax wrote:

Perhaps Im undervaluing Gresham in my statement but they are different animals. Gresham athletic but Eiffert's separation ability is special at times and that ability to high point. Gresham was not standout for me in either of these categories in the air. Fleener is a better comparison to Eiffert and Gresham perhaps the kid from the Jets, the name which is slipping my mind.

Keller.

Gresham drops a ton of easy balls. Eiffert also "boxes out" defenders real well. He's going to be a pro-bowl tight end if he gets into the "right" offense. Wouldn't surprise me to see him go +/- 3 picks of 1.17. I could think of many worse choices that I have seen fans come up with...Imo, of course.
3. Robert Woods WR USC

FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Troofax wrote:

Maybe its just my stance on TEs.

Im not big on Eifert, at least not as a first round prospect. He is a quality player but for a top 50 pick, I want a special talent at TE. I wasnt big on the Heath Miller pick either. I love Heath, but he had injury concerns and he wasnt anything special. Difference is, a) we picked at 30 that year and 17 this year, and b) our team was in alot better shape at that point and didnt have any major needs. If we took Eifert at 17, Id be pretty upset.

As far as Gresham, I never thought he was as great as some made him out to be....just saying he was still a really good prospect, and while I think Eifert is good too, I dont think he has nearly the upside Gresham had.

If we go offense in round 1, I want a WR or an OT. At 17, unless its an elite TE prospect, I dont want them in the first.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eifert is in my top 3 if we trade down. I don't disagree a TE at 17 is high, but arguably the 3rd highest value person in our offense in my mind (behind LT and QB). Big Ben loves Heath Miller, and we need another security blanket. If we don't, we'll do even worse in the redzone. Now, if you want to grab a guy like Hunter who's 6'4'' that's fine by me too. But to replace Heath, we need another redzone threat now. Even with Heath, we struggled.
Troofax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Seems others realize Patterson struggles running routes...from NFP Russ Lande...there is much talent in this draft and this guy is a huge risk.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Players-that-did-not-shine-at-Sundays-Combine-workout.html

L O L..

In other "breaking news" sugar is not healthy.

I'll say it again. You pick one "boom or bust" / "raw" prospect, and I'll take Cordelle, and we'll see who is right.

1. He played ONE YEAR in a major college conference. During that year, he made future NFL pro's look silly at times..

2. He's likely had ONE YEAR of "solid" coaching in his life. Of course he's not going to run routes like a NFL veteran. Not many are crisp route runners upon entering the NFL. It's something that WR's are continuously working on. AB has made tremendous strides.

3. Speaking of AB. CP has the same qualities I look for when trying to predict success/failures. Naturally talented athletes. I can spot a natural athlete within seconds a mile away, which I never thought was a big deal until talking to some fans that thought Wallace fits that category. Basically, they never look silly or out of place..Everything looks easy. Wallace was scared to go for contested balls, there was an insecurity there, no doubt. Combine CP's tools, natural abilities, elite athleticism, with his want, drive, competitive nature, and it's a no-brainer. I gather that info from the way a guy plays on the field. Hines is a perfect example. AB is a prime example. There is no quit from the snap to the whistle with these types. It's balls out. Everything is fiercely competitive. Combine those attributes with a touch of common sense and it's an easy call to make.

I called AB to start in the slot his rookie year, and to cut ARE, in the pre-season..I got shmazzled for it on another site. Didn't take long to shut them up tho. I don't make those statements unless I'm sure. If CP "busts" it will be my first, where I have stuck my neck out as far as I have for the guy, that I would be wrong on.

It's not a matter of if, but when with CP.

Mental note taken.
3. Robert Woods WR USC

Troofax

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eiffert will be a good one, I'm confident in that as well. He's a solid choice at 1.17, especially for those that prefer the "SAFE" picks. He fits a need in more ways than one. Replacement for Heath, and a 2nd tight end and big target for Ben, he will instantly become one of the best redzone targets in the league...Something I have been desperate for as it limits our options. When a play breaks down, he's a guy that will still go up and either get it or make sure the D doesn't. Invaluable...There are a lot of good tight ends, but Eiffert s alone when it comes to ball skills. He's currently me 2nd choice behind CP at 1.17.

It's funny. This draft has about 40 people that will go in the top 50, that are according to some, not "top 50" material.

43 your batting below the mendoza.
3. Robert Woods WR USC

armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:
armsteeld wrote:

L O L..

In other "breaking news" sugar is not healthy.

I'll say it again. You pick one "boom or bust" / "raw" prospect, and I'll take Cordelle, and we'll see who is right.

1. He played ONE YEAR in a major college conference. During that year, he made future NFL pro's look silly at times..

2. He's likely had ONE YEAR of "solid" coaching in his life. Of course he's not going to run routes like a NFL veteran. Not many are crisp route runners upon entering the NFL. It's something that WR's are continuously working on. AB has made tremendous strides.

3. Speaking of AB. CP has the same qualities I look for when trying to predict success/failures. Naturally talented athletes. I can spot a natural athlete within seconds a mile away, which I never thought was a big deal until talking to some fans that thought Wallace fits that category. Basically, they never look silly or out of place..Everything looks easy. Wallace was scared to go for contested balls, there was an insecurity there, no doubt. Combine CP's tools, natural abilities, elite athleticism, with his want, drive, competitive nature, and it's a no-brainer. I gather that info from the way a guy plays on the field. Hines is a perfect example. AB is a prime example. There is no quit from the snap to the whistle with these types. It's balls out. Everything is fiercely competitive. Combine those attributes with a touch of common sense and it's an easy call to make.

I called AB to start in the slot his rookie year, and to cut ARE, in the pre-season..I got shmazzled for it on another site. Didn't take long to shut them up tho. I don't make those statements unless I'm sure. If CP "busts" it will be my first, where I have stuck my neck out as far as I have for the guy, that I would be wrong on.

It's not a matter of if, but when with CP.

Mental note taken.

I was a fan of AB when he was a rookie and openly rooted for him and said he would make the team. That being said, AB meeds to STFU and quit trying to be the "perfect guy". He has been openly critical of the locker room and his teammates. I feel he truly hasn't earned the right nor should he violate the "privacy" of a locker room.

I will take your bet. Two years from now, I will say that Robert Woods will be a better player than CP! Hell, I will bet you that King from Georgia will be a better player than CP! Do you accept and we can wager a Sig or whatever.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troofax wrote:

Care to explain why?

Oh thats right, you just randomly say things like this without backing them up.

Your constant insecurity and stream of nonsense is hilarious.

at23steelers

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Troofax wrote:

Care to explain why?

Oh thats right, you just randomly say things like this without backing them up.

Your constant insecurity and stream of nonsense is hilarious.

Im sorry 43 for laughing at this, but why do so many posters troll you?? I could name 4 off-the-top of my head within seconds.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: