Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
Another question for you all just picking peoples minds.

Ok so DeCastro was on everyone's pipe dream wish list but never thought he'd fall to 24, I understand he's a OG but WHAT IF Jarvis Jones made it past the Jets at #9 would you trade up to #10 with Tennessee and give up a 2nd or just sit and maybe settle for a less dynamic OLB (or playmaker in general) to keep that 2nd to address another need like S, ILB, NT, WR, etc....?

Id love for that to happen and pull the trigger but I know his medical history. Just curious of your guy's thoughts.

Nope.

Jones is far from a cant miss prospect and we have too many needs to be trading any picks in the top 100.

Madden 25 Steelers Franchise
Chieferific

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thought to share......The Saints are transitioning to a 3-4 this year. Perhaps they look to fit that need in the 1st. They may gamble on a Dion Jordan since the transition wil take some time anyway. They may also consider Jenkins/Williams to be their anchor for the new Defense. Point is, either they reach on a player most of us don't want or they take a player we desire. If you were starting a 3-4 would you gamble on a developmental player with a high ceiling or draft the big body/low excitement player. I predict Jordan.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
waffles7 wrote:

Ok so DeCastro was on everyone's pipe dream wish list but never thought he'd fall to 24, I understand he's a OG but WHAT IF Jarvis Jones made it past the Jets at #9 would you trade up to #10 with Tennessee and give up a 2nd or just sit and maybe settle for a less dynamic OLB (or playmaker in general) to keep that 2nd to address another need like S, ILB, NT, WR, etc....?

Id love for that to happen and pull the trigger but I know his medical history. Just curious of your guy's thoughts.

Nope.

Jones is far from a cant miss prospect and we have too many needs to be trading any picks in the top 100.

I'm on the fence about this. If a top-tier guy inexplicably falls to say 13 (Tampa) or 14 (Carolina), I wouldn't be upset giving a 3rd to move up, especially if it's a guy Tomlin/Colbert covet and fear New Orleans might snag to build their 3-4. Moving up to 10, however, would require multiple picks or our 2nd rd pick, and that's to steep, IMO. I'm not sure who that "can't miss prospect" would be, but not Jones...his medical situation is too much of a concern to give up TWO picks for. Maybe Milliner, I don't know...still too early in the process.

We are in a situation we don't often find ourselves...picking in the middle of the 1st. Unfortunately, this class is devoid of many "can't miss prospects". However, with as many needs as we have, there should be at least 2-3 BPA-type prospects to choose from at 17, so might be worthwhile to sit and grab whoever is available.

Props to Jamison on the sweet sig!!!
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner isn't a Top 10 pick IMO. I've seen him play many times and he isn't better than Arenas, Jackson, or Kirkpatrick. He has nice size but no part of his game stands out. Dude is getting much praise because of team and not too much individual play. He shouldn't be the first DB taken.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there isn't anybody in this draft I'd move up for. Not one single player.

Even if Star was sitting there, I wouldn't do it because we'd waste his talent with our DL scheme.

I absolutely cannot wrap my head around this draft. I almost wish we'd just dump Keenan Lewis so I could figure out our 1st round pick. Razz

sucks that on the rare occasion that we finally get to pick higher in the draft, there's really nobody worth getting excited over.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

Even if Star was sitting there, I wouldn't do it because we'd waste his talent with our DL scheme.

I absolutely cannot wrap my head around this draft. I almost wish we'd just dump Keenan Lewis so I could figure out our 1st round pick. Razz

sucks that on the rare occasion that we finally get to pick higher in the draft, there's really nobody worth getting excited over.

What if Joeckel is sitting there, you're saying you wouldn't draft him to replace Gilbert?
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

What if Joeckel is sitting there, you're saying you wouldn't draft him to replace Gilbert?

1. Joeckel won't be there.
2. I'm not sure he's better than Fisher
3. Adams is Gilbert's replacement
4. Gilbert is a fat, lazy, inconsistent slob

if a guy like Joeckel or Fisher fell to us (won't happen) then yeah, I'd draft them
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

1. Joeckel won't be there.
2. I'm not sure he's better than Fisher
3. Adams is Gilbert's replacement
4. Gilbert is a fat, lazy, inconsistent slob

if a guy like Joeckel or Fisher fell to us (won't happen) then yeah, I'd draft them

You said there is no one in this draft you'd move up for, so I mentioned Joeckel
stefan52268

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on how many spots that we would have to move up and how much we would have to give. We have a lot of holes to fill and need all the draft picks we can get. I would be cautious on who we would move up for and why.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be the last Gilbert supporter on this board Laughing

He might squat to pee but I don't think his issue is talent or athletic ability.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

That's how I feel as well. I could see teams panicking and reaching for a QB which would drop some players the Steelers would be interested in. It doesn't help that the Saints are changing to the 3-4 though. They could snag a player the Steelers are targeting.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stefan52268 wrote:
It depends on how many spots that we would have to move up and how much we would have to give. We have a lot of holes to fill and need all the draft picks we can get. I would be cautious on who we would move up for and why.

They've tried to trade up the last 2 years for DeCastro(with Jets) and the Fins for brother Pouncey.

We know they have a lot of "holes" but if they like somebody enough, they're going to be aggressive about it.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:

One big question is how many teams will be concerned about his spinal stenosis. If many are then he could drop and actually be there when the Steelers pick. I've actually seen two mocks where some feel he will be there and would be the Steelers selection. Then of course would the Steelers be worried about this condition as well and bypass him on him too. Some like him and some don't but I do like his athletic ability and I wouldn't mind at all if he was the pick despite his medical condition.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
armsteeld

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be mistaken but Quentin Groves heart issue scared us away from him. We had him in for a visit and he openly admitted to wanting the Steelers to draft him. This isn't a Heath Miller type of injury/condition in which the Georgia OLB has.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
ErnestoGuevara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd and 3rd rounds (and can argue 4th-5th as well to a lesser extent) will be chock full of talent. If anything we should be trading down and picking up more picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: