Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see the ESPN Tyrann Mathieu interview?

It was amazing. He said Coach miles was like a father and the hesd trainer was like a mother and he feels horrible he let them down. He said, he could have been addicted to marajuana. He said he quit because its a mind thing and he didn't want to be remembered that he couldn't be a great player because of marajuana.

How does he see this story ending?

He said like Ray Lewis! He's a very passionate person. He's going to be a leader on the field and off the field from now on.

I have to say, I'm still skeptical of him like I am of Adam (Pacman) Jones but I'm rooting for him to turn his life around ala Ray Lewis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will his new found leadership skills give him inches on his body?
kysteeler

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Anyone see the ESPN Tyrann Mathieu interview?

It was amazing. He said Coach miles was like a father and the hesd trainer was like a mother and he feels horrible he let them down. He said, he could have been addicted to marajuana. He said he quit because its a mind thing and he didn't want to be remembered that he couldn't be a great player because of marajuana.

How does he see this story ending?

He said like Ray Lewis! He's a very passionate person. He's going to be a leader on the field and off the field from now on.

I have to say, I'm still skeptical of him like I am of Adam (Pacman) Jones but I'm rooting for him to turn his life around ala Ray Lewis.

Someone will give him a chance, these are young men, and young men have the options of turning their lives around.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthieu will turn it around.

He will never have a Ray Lewis caliber career, but I do think he will have some good success in the NFL and make some team very happy.

It wont be this team, though.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RB Christian Michaels is someone to watch in the East vs West game today.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auburn WR Emory Blake is big Robiskie type WR? He was great when he had Cam but didn't light it up this year. Thoughts?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Taylor is straight balling! Strong at POA and caused 2 fumbles by hustling to the tackle and stripping the ball. Could be a Calais type developmental prospect.

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Ansah is frustrating as hayfever! Look awful during practice and is now dominating the Senior Bowl! Dude is unblockable and has a great motor. Hand placement and strength at POA is outstanding.

-E.J. Manuel has all the throws you like in a QB. Strong arm, mobile, and seems like a natural leader. I had him as a 5th rounder but would take him in the 4th. Ben will always be dinged up and I like Manuel alot.

treat88

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnathan Cyprien may be rapidly becoming my favorite DB in this class.

I'd be very happy with one (or two) of Vaccaro, Swearinger, and Cyprien.

All 3 should go before Reid. 50/50 Phillip Thomas goes before Reid.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to get some opinions on Aaron Dobson the wide out from Marshall. From the bit I've seen he's somewhat raw but with some great athleticism and potential.

Any thoughts?

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
I'd like to get some opinions on Aaron Dobson the wide out from Marshall. From the bit I've seen he's somewhat raw but with some great athleticism and potential.

Any thoughts?

Consistency would be my 1st question. Speed would be my 2nd. I haven't watched a lot of Marshall this year, but seemed a bit underwhelming for potential expectations.

...you have a forum resume?
waffles7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ansah had a great game today, I understand you keep it basic and stuff in these games so players can shine but I loved what he did today. However i wish I could have seen him drop back in coverage as an OLB, Im hoping he does some of that in his pro day and/or the combine. The fact that he is raw excites me with the fact maybe he can grasp the concept of coverage still? Maybe Im wrong, idk.

I know some on here, most actually, dont love the idea of Dion Jordan and to each their own. I understand that this class isnt 09' deep when you could land a Pouncey or Earl Thomas with picks in the teens but part of me wants to take a guy like Ansah or Jordan and while I know they're raw and have flaws in their games they have the potential to be playmakers. I know guys like Okafor might be a more "sure thing" but something has to change on this defense moving forward especially with Troy getting older and Harrison possibly getting cut. I love Timmons and I just think Woodley had a bad year but I'd love to take someone who has the ability to make big plays.

I'll admit Ive been away at college this year and havent got to watch as much football as I have in the past few years but thats my take. 43M, keth, JPN, I know we cant afford to miss in the first round as we go through this mini rebuilding stage but do you guys think anyone has that ability to develop into something special at OLB to fill once Harrison's days are over?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question was actually for someone else but I will give my perspective, waffles. Dion Jordan has the frame and movement skills of Jason Taylor to me. He is a quick twitch athlete and I have tried watching more games of him. He uses speed alil too much at times and will allow the blockers to get into his body. Needs to use his hands better and locate the paser during his rush as he is redirected or overruns the play too many times. He could be a nice addition and I wouldn't be mad if he was the 1st pick of the Steelers.

armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-ILB Arthur Brown has tremendous closing speed and will strike you. Listed at 6'1 231 and plays ILB for Kansas ST. Takes proper angles to the ballcarrier but will overrun plays at times as he runs over the top of the play. Has good technique when challenging the blockers and disengaging to make the tackle. Looks great in space and can run with WRs over the middle of the field. I like his speed alongside Timmons and we can have a dangerous tandem. I think his brother is Eagles RB Bryce Brown?

-SS/OLB DeVonte Holloman is someone who is very intriquing. Two years ago he was a good Safety for South Carolina and was a playmaker and heavy hitter. This year he played at OLB and is listed at 6'2 240 and still has his speed. I would draft him and play him around the 230ish range. Reminds me of Thomas Davis and he could play against the bigger TEs in the league. Will knock you out!

-Chris Faulk is someone I would draft in the 2nd round (after he is medically cleared by our doctors) and start at LT. Faulk pre injury was maybe the best OT in the country. He has tremendous size and great movement and once he gets his hands on you, it is over. He missed this season due to a knee injury but is almost 100%. Starks is old and deserves to get paid, dude from Florida is not an OT and should be at Guard, and guy from OH ST should be at RT. Brain fart trying to remember some of these guys.

waffles7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another question for you all just picking peoples minds.

Ok so DeCastro was on everyone's pipe dream wish list but never thought he'd fall to 24, I understand he's a OG but WHAT IF Jarvis Jones made it past the Jets at #9 would you trade up to #10 with Tennessee and give up a 2nd or just sit and maybe settle for a less dynamic OLB (or playmaker in general) to keep that 2nd to address another need like S, ILB, NT, WR, etc....?

Id love for that to happen and pull the trigger but I know his medical history. Just curious of your guy's thoughts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: