Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah I saw that one earlier. The kid lost BOTH parents... within 9 months during his sophomore year!

The kid have overcame so much, he doesn't allow those obstacles overtake his playing time in game. Very intelligent.
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is ^homas better than the overly hyped Vaccaro?

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fits our scheme better, yes. He'd be able to come in game as 3rd safety easily and can be asked to do things.

That's the reason why I watch syracuse, hate the team... love the defensive shceme. Playing 4-3 but very similar by how we use our secondary.

If shamarko thomas were to play for raiders (supposely for his athleticism) he'll easily be a career starter but I don't know about the pro bowl status. With us... I'm confidently enough to think he will blossom in our scheme.

That's one of reason steelers also rumored to be high on swearinger- he's a strong safety playing free safety. He'll blitz when he's asked to. He'll take up a block. Steelers are looking for the will in safeties more than the size/athleticism. That is why ryan Mundy is the failed experiment.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hunter is a great WR prospect along with Terrance Williams and Keenan Allen. Depending on how the draft falls which is really dependent on who's available, what team reaches and players taken. I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing any of the WRs.

They all bring something different to the table, but the one thing they all have in common is that they are big and physical. Something the steelers currently lack at the WR position.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin hunter is big, yes but wouldn't be that much of difference from mike wallace. For dink and dunk offense, you need a physical wr who can get more YAC in traffic like Heath have for us.

Right now only two that I know of would fit our "big and physical" wide reciver we want... Keenan Allen and Da'Ron Rodgers from tennessee tech. Cordellee Patterson who haven't display the physicality that I would love to have but man he is versatile.
jebrick

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would HATE to take a WR in the 1st. Unless you are getting Megatron or Fitzgerald there is not much difference between 1st round Wr and 4th round Wr. If I were to take one it would be Cordellee Patterson.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought on Ryan Swope? I see him as a West Coast type WR. Swope reminds me of Greg Jennings. Smooth route runner and always gets seperation. Great hands also.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
armsteeld

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought on Ryan Swope? I see him as a West Coast type WR. Swope reminds me of Greg Jennings. Smooth route runner and always gets seperation. Great hands also.

SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
Justin hunter is big, yes but wouldn't be that much of difference from mike wallace. For dink and dunk offense, you need a physical wr who can get more YAC in traffic like Heath have for us.

Right now only two that I know of would fit our "big and physical" wide reciver we want... Keenan Allen and Da'Ron Rodgers from tennessee tech. Cordellee Patterson who haven't display the physicality that I would love to have but man he is versatile.

Dwayne Bowe was good in Haley system, so I think Hunter would be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two completely different players. Justin hunter is more of a mold of Randy Moss.

Dwayne Bowe is.. a poor man's fitzgerald, bad hands but physical and got decent speed.

I personally rather justin hunter over many prospects, him, marquise wilson, or even quincy patton but none of them really fits the dink and dunk offense. Its about releasing the ball sooner, into traffic. So the players not only has to be quick, but shifty enough or physical to get past traffic or between, less injuries. Ball security's also major issue as antonio brown, mike wallace, and manny sanders all fumbled in the traffic. That's why I want a bigger, physical receiver.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the dink and dunk, wouldn't it make more since to have better TEs? You guys think they could take a look at any in this draft?
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does, kysteeler but my question is how much will haley use tight ends? One prospect I really like is jordan reed from florida.
kysteeler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatoradus wrote:
It does, kysteeler but my question is how much will haley use tight ends? One prospect I really like is jordan reed from florida.

That is true but we used Miller a good bit. I do like Reed he has a lot of room to grow and is very athletic. I'm really really big on Ertz out of Stanford. The more I think about it I think a TE would be a better bet than a WR if we lose Wallace. I just feel there is so much you can do with them.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree but a true point/form of the position, tight end is to be a last resort on offense. When everything fail, you throw to your tight end. If we don't fix/adapt to this receiving corp issues, chance is we will run into similar problems next season.

Just like how we have to fix inside linebacker position first before boosting the pass-rushing situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: