Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kniles Davis is a fumbling machine.

...you have a forum resume?
armsteeld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:

So was Adrian and Tikki until their issues were corrected by coaching. He is a true homerun threat with all the traits that great RBs possess. He has Dwyer's size coupled with Mendenhall's speed and Rainey's hands.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
I'd draft Hankins, Hunt, Jenkins and Williams over Ansah and I don't get why people keep calling him a first rounder. Yes JPP was a freak of nature and only had one good statistical season. But not every player is going to mimic that and the Steelers aren't a 4-3 defense, so what Ansah has as a "potential" pass rusher won't be utilized.

Mathieu is a waste and I wouldn't touch him with a UDFA selection. The Steelers have taken to many drug users in the past. Only one of them has come back to bite the Steelers, but one is one to many.

Why move Cortez Allen to FS what has he shown or when has he even played the position. Also when is the last time the Steelers moved a player like that around other then injury. Golden played some CB in the Dallas game but that was out of necessity, but he played CB in college.

Fans are going off their rocker with some of these predictions

There were many games were Allen was playing Safety and I feel with his range, he can be a great centerfielder. Yes he went against AJ but he had help most of the game. Honestly, he was beaten a couple of times but Troy and Ryan playing centerfielder, made Dalton's passes off target.
With Allen playing Safety, Troy and Ryan were used like ILBs or Rovers.

Cortez Allen was one of the best nickel CBs in the league this year. Who hasn't AJ beaten that's why he's considered one of the Top 5 WRs in the league. I'll say it like this put any others teams #3 on AJ and the results won't be the same. 2 Ints and a FF Ike Taylor has never down that in his career verse anybody.

Draft a player that plays the position don't weaken your position to guess on another. CB's are the hardest position to fill and the Steelers have been fortunate enough to potentially have drafted 2 in 3 yrs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:

So was Adrian and Tikki until their issues were corrected by coaching. He is a true homerun threat with all the traits that great RBs possess. He has Dwyer's size coupled with Mendenhall's speed and Rainey's hands.

You mean the type of coaching that Mendy & Rainey have benefited from? On the team that is second to last in fumbles/game?

Rainey's hands?

AlanFanecaFan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the Honey badger in the 4th round...I think he'd be fine as a slot guy who can blitz and allow different looks.

If not he can at least help out on STs which they desperately need.

Gunny Highway wrote:
Ed Reed coughs real hard and his other testicle descends and he admits Hines Ward has far more grit than he does
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlanFanecaFan wrote:
I'd take the Honey badger in the 4th round...I think he'd be fine as a slot guy who can blitz and allow different looks.

I'd consider the gamble as early as the 3rd, definitely the 4th with a thorough investigation into his issues.

kysteeler

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

I'd consider the gamble as early as the 3rd, definitely the 4th with a thorough investigation into his issues.

I really wouldn't touch him at all
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch honey badger till the 4th, preferably 5th though. Nothing he does is really elite except force turnovers which is worth something but I think he'd get beaten like a drum most of the time by nfl Wrs and he doesn't have elite speed to recover like most CBs do that are successful at his size. Not only that but he didn't play a down of football last year. And don't even get me started on the off the field stuff. In some ways I think he'll be lucky to be drafted.

As for the rbs, here is my .2 IMO Niles Davis because of his injury problems might not be drafted until late. If I'm going to take any rb late with injury problems it's going to be Marcus Latimore.

So for me I'd take Latimore over Niles Davis.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jebrick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kysteeler wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

This. Two time loser. My bet is his career mirrors Pac-man Jones.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Chieferific

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched my first VA Tech game of the year yesterday in their Bowl game against Rutgers. Junior MLB Jack Tyler was all over the field making big hits. I had not heard any coverage on him. Any of the draft gurus here have some insight. Good size and speed from what I saw. Any info would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
kysteeler wrote:
JustPlainNasty wrote:
AlanFanecaFan wrote:

This. Two time loser. My bet is his career mirrors Pac-man Jones.

Thirded.

Doesnt even move the dial for me.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
kysteeler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is, if we don't resign Wallace, who should we look at in the draft?

I kinda like Terrence Williams from Baylor.
jebrick

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate taking a WR in the 1st round. It is a very bad gamble and rarely pays off. But if I were going to take one it would be Cordarrelle Patterson.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about Mike Wallace...

Which's more likely; we re-sign Mike Wallace and Todd Haley adapts to our offense's strengths more for next season and the we open up more with the playbook and actually save us draft picks for the more pressing needs.

We let Mike Wallace go, find a replacement in the draft... Who likely won't have big contribution like Mike Wallace have in the rookie season but it'll be a bigger, physical wide receiver (this is what we have been lacking badly for those years even with Hines Ward) so basically our offense will be stalling.

We let Mike Wallace go, keeping what we already have and likely... get exposed badly with the limited talents at our WR depth and without Heath Miller for possible some extended time.

At this point, from FO's perspection; we may need Mike Wallace more than he need us. I'm not suggesting either one but I sure as hell hope the FO knows what they are doing.

Now, talking about draft prospects; at beginning of season I have mentioned Shamarko Thomas as my darkhorse favorite for a rising star at position of strong safety. As of today, before the bowl game against West virginia he is ranked as 6th best safety, 76th prospect. He is blowing up the game, showed some really great disciplined hard-hitting tackles where in past he'd throw his body around like Troy Polamalu. It is safe to say he's a 2nd round prospect right now. This, of course, is before the Senior Bowl, NFL Combine, and Pro Day.

Many doesn't know of this, but Shamarko Thomas is actually an athlete freak. runs in low 4.3, has a good body build (5'10" and 210 lbs) and I didn't even mention about his leaping ability (rumored to be in 40'-ish) as he ran track and was involved with Long Jump with his former high school teammate (Justin Hunter) which was my old high school (loving this draft, 4 prospects from my old high school entering the draft, amazing).

Point being, if he does rise to 1st round, would I want him even if I have pimped him hard? No.

We don't need a safety in 1st round, especially somebody who will be on bench for first few years before TBA of either starters' retirement or being let go. It's good to keep eye on this kid, if he's there in 2nd... you take him. He's much more polished than any strong safety prospect in this draft believe it or not. To go with his athleticism, teams will love this kid who is a great leader, a warrior, and has production to back up him.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@gatoradus: impressive interview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OCubr1-JmI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: