Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3688
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: 2013 Draft Prospects Reply with quote

-BYU DE/OLB Ezekial Ansah -I absolutely love this guys motor and skillsets. He has size at 6'7 270lbs and speed (former track star) but what impresses me even more is his hand usage. He has great hand leverage and handles and splits doubleteams. He also loves to swat passes ala JJ Watt (who I didn't want but wonder if he could excel in our system). Ansah has unlimited potential and could be Harrison's replacement or gain another 15-20 lbs and be the next Calais Campbell. 1st Rounder

-Utah CB Keith McGill-CB with amazing ballskills and imposing size. He is someone who can play against the NBA sized WRs in todays NFL. Dude will absolutely level you and challenges all balls thrown and has the ability to turn ints to tds. Long speed is questionable but he also has experience playing Safety. I would take him in the 2-5 round. Think Richard Sherman ability.

-LSU CB-Tyrann Mathiue-CB with amazing quickness and the ability to simply make plays. Has decent straightline speed and will strike the ballcarrier. Plays with a mean streak and will simply impose his will. Amazing ballskills and challenges bigger WRs with great technique. Compares to Antoine Winfield. 1-2 rounder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olSlRuS69dI

-Arkansas RB Knile Davis-Big RB with GREAT speed and quick feet. One of the best RBs not talked about. Davis runs with power and speed and is a great receiver. This year he wasn't played much but after another offseason of getting healthy, he will be adraft day steal. Compares to Darren McFadden. 1-3 rounder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8Suk_YFD1g

-Arkansas RB Ronnie Wingo JR-Kniles Davis clone. Played in loaded backfield but has the measureable to be an every down NFL back. 6-1 230 and has sub 4.4 speed.

-BYU CB Preston Hadley-Nice size and a good tackler. Can play press and off coverage. Good hips to swivel and redirect the receiver. Long speed is questionable. 5th-7th rounder.

I like most of those players and I am working on more. Opinions are always welcome. To show off RBs vision, speed, power, etc...I will upload a couple of vids.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky


Last edited by armsteeld on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MightyJoeYoung


Joined: 03 Jun 2010
Posts: 2964
Location: Wakefield, England
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats the deal with all the multiple picks at the same position?

Especially positions that aren't major needs?

Just, bad.

EDIT: Unless, it isn't a mock.
_________________


Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the sig

"The King Stay the King"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3247
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3? Think
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3688
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyJoeYoung wrote:
Whats the deal with all the multiple picks at the same position?

Especially positions that aren't major needs?

Just, bad.

EDIT: Unless, it isn't a mock.


It's not a mock but a list of, whom I find, interesting players in this upcoming draft. I projected where some of them could be drafted.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3688
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
#3? Think


I feel Cortez Allen will be a FS next year and will continue to cover the slot. Brown hasn't impressed and Mathieu is a great slot defender. He failed a couple drug tests and they found marijuana (sp) in his room. He showed he had some class by staying at LSU and not running to different program. Janorris Jenkins had similar issues and is balling his tail off in ST Louis. Rams are very pleased with him.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3247
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify, he dropped out of school and enrolled into rehab which he didn't complete because he began working out for the draft. He's 5'9". Maybe could play Safety but I can't see him as a CB. All these issues lead me to believe he's not a Steeler.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
at23steelers


Joined: 05 Mar 2011
Posts: 3721
Location: United States
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for some insight Armsteed, on some players Im not familiar with!! Smile Btw, so you don't get bashed for it being a mock (which it isn't), I'd put a dash infront of each player instead of a number! Uh, oh Ezekiel's nickname is Ziggy! Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3688
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:
Thanks for some insight Armsteed, on some players Im not familiar with!! Smile Btw, so you don't get bashed for it being a mock (which it isn't), I'd put a dash infront of each player instead of a number! Uh, oh Ezekiel's nickname is Ziggy! Laughing


Thanks Laughing
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64193
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
To clarify, he dropped out of school and enrolled into rehab which he didn't complete because he began working out for the draft. He's 5'9". Maybe could play Safety but I can't see him as a CB. All these issues lead me to believe he's not a Steeler.
agreed. I really think he's going to take a major tumble in the draft. I don't see the steelers as being interested in him either. Way, way too many red flags
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3688
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
To clarify, he dropped out of school and enrolled into rehab which he didn't complete because he began working out for the draft. He's 5'9". Maybe could play Safety but I can't see him as a CB. All these issues lead me to believe he's not a Steeler.


I hate short CBs but this guy plays bigger. He knows how to "body" or "stack" up bigger WR/TE and has a great vertical and attacks the ball. The kid is a ballhawking thief and generates turnovers. Add in his ability to switch field position with return skills and his abilities are intriquing.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gatoradus


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 2219
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to move Cortez Allen, who played one on one with AJ Green for the majority of game, forced 3 turnovers to move outside of his position?

Explain please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chieferific


Joined: 24 Feb 2006
Posts: 3247
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
To clarify, he dropped out of school and enrolled into rehab which he didn't complete because he began working out for the draft. He's 5'9". Maybe could play Safety but I can't see him as a CB. All these issues lead me to believe he's not a Steeler.


I hate short CBs but this guy plays bigger. He knows how to "body" or "stack" up bigger WR/TE and has a great vertical and attacks the ball. The kid is a ballhawking thief and generates turnovers. Add in his ability to switch field position with return skills and his abilities are intriquing.

I'm familliar with him. He CANNOT match up at corner against the likes Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson....Even WRs in our Division like Boldin and Green. Not at CB. Safety, perhaps. But nowhere near rounds 1 and 2.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 64193
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chieferific wrote:
armsteeld wrote:
Chieferific wrote:
To clarify, he dropped out of school and enrolled into rehab which he didn't complete because he began working out for the draft. He's 5'9". Maybe could play Safety but I can't see him as a CB. All these issues lead me to believe he's not a Steeler.


I hate short CBs but this guy plays bigger. He knows how to "body" or "stack" up bigger WR/TE and has a great vertical and attacks the ball. The kid is a ballhawking thief and generates turnovers. Add in his ability to switch field position with return skills and his abilities are intriquing.

I'm familliar with him. He CANNOT match up at corner against the likes Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson....Even WRs in our Division like Boldin and Green. Not at CB. Safety, perhaps. But nowhere near rounds 1 and 2.
yeah. No way he goes before round 4 IMO. Too many red flags, he didn't play last year and his size knocks him down a few rounds at the least.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
SteelProven


Moderator
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Posts: 11902
Location: Ramstein, Germany
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd draft Hankins, Hunt, Jenkins and Williams over Ansah and I don't get why people keep calling him a first rounder. Yes JPP was a freak of nature and only had one good statistical season. But not every player is going to mimic that and the Steelers aren't a 4-3 defense, so what Ansah has as a "potential" pass rusher won't be utilized.

Mathieu is a waste and I wouldn't touch him with a UDFA selection. The Steelers have taken to many drug users in the past. Only one of them has come back to bite the Steelers, but one is one to many.

Why move Cortez Allen to FS what has he shown or when has he even played the position. Also when is the last time the Steelers moved a player like that around other then injury. Golden played some CB in the Dallas game but that was out of necessity, but he played CB in college.

Fans are going off their rocker with some of these predictions
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
armsteeld


Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 3688
Location: In your head
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
I'd draft Hankins, Hunt, Jenkins and Williams over Ansah and I don't get why people keep calling him a first rounder. Yes JPP was a freak of nature and only had one good statistical season. But not every player is going to mimic that and the Steelers aren't a 4-3 defense, so what Ansah has as a "potential" pass rusher won't be utilized.

Mathieu is a waste and I wouldn't touch him with a UDFA selection. The Steelers have taken to many drug users in the past. Only one of them has come back to bite the Steelers, but one is one to many.

Why move Cortez Allen to FS what has he shown or when has he even played the position. Also when is the last time the Steelers moved a player like that around other then injury. Golden played some CB in the Dallas game but that was out of necessity, but he played CB in college.

Fans are going off their rocker with some of these predictions


There were many games were Allen was playing Safety and I feel with his range, he can be a great centerfielder. Yes he went against AJ but he had help most of the game. Honestly, he was beaten a couple of times but Troy and Ryan playing centerfielder, made Dalton's passes off target.
With Allen playing Safety, Troy and Ryan were used like ILBs or Rovers.
_________________




"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 1 of 16

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group