Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What's the one action you want to see taken most this OS?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kempes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: What's the one action you want to see taken most this OS? Reply with quote

What area of the organisation do you want to see changed/addressed in the off-season?

I really want to see Dawkins come back in some form of a coaching role. He said when he retired that he would be doing some coaching and would still want to be involved with the Eagles.

Even if he has no coaching abilities, he knows what it takes to play in the NFL, and our Defense need some know-how being passed over.

Would you not love to see Dawkins on our sideline every week passing on instructions, firing the players up and just orchestrating the on-field mindset the players used to represent?
willy_law

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why he couldn't comeback as a DBs coach.
Meco

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawkins has said he is making up for lost time on the home front. Plus, he's got a nice, cushy gig at ESPN. Dawk entering the coaching game (which requires more of a time commitment than actually playing) doesn't look likely.

Personally, I'd like to add a bit of an Eagles touch, to the team. You know, add some former players and coaches who take pride in the organization and it's history; the Steelers (one of the most consistently successful teams in the NFL) often emerse themselves in the history of their organization. Clyde Simmons is the assistant defensive line coach of the St. Louis Rams. Seth Joyner has expressed interest in coaching. Tim Hauck is coaching defensive backs somewhere (I forget where). Ike Reese would seemingly make a decent special teams assistant.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Dawkins has said he is making up for lost time on the home front. Plus, he's got a nice, cushy gig at ESPN. Dawk entering the coaching game (which requires more of a time commitment than actually playing) doesn't look likely.

Personally, I'd like to add a bit of an Eagles touch, to the team. You know, add some former players and coaches who take pride in the organization and it's history; the Steelers (one of the most consistently successful teams in the NFL) often emerse themselves in the history of their organization. Clyde Simmons is the assistant defensive line coach of the St. Louis Rams. Seth Joyner has expressed interest in coaching. Tim Hauck is coaching defensive backs somewhere (I forget where). Ike Reese would seemingly make a decent special teams assistant.

Oh does he? Don't get to see the US ESPN channels because obviously I don't live there.

That's what I'm getting at, you summed it up much better though. We need to get a group back that feel the pain when we lose. I'd be happy if we brought back some former Eagles associates so we can start playing the right way again and get that old attitude back.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: What's the one action you want to see taken most this OS Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
What area of the organisation do you want to see changed/addressed in the off-season?

1a] Fire Andy Reid
1b] Cut Mike Vick
1c] Add more size & physicality to our roster
Kiltman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Jairus Byrd or any of the top safeties that make it to FA

If none of them do, which is likely, I'm not 100% on anything else except ditch midnight green Very Happy

I agree with add physicality that 808 said but that would require more than one action to do most likely.

I hope Dawk comes back when he's ready...which likely won't be til his kids are in college.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: What's the one action you want to see taken most this OS Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

1a] Fire Andy Reid
1b] Cut Mike Vick

Yes!

Dawkins coaches at his sons HS and work for ESPN.

I think he said he wants to stay in Denver until the family is grown up, might only be a couple of years

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the one action you want to see taken most this OS Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

1a] Fire Andy Reid
1b] Cut Mike Vick

Yes!

I think he said he wants to stay in Denver until the family is grown up, might only be a couple of years

Considering his twin daughters are 5 that might take some time.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
marky_b27

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from a new direction in the front office, I want a physical team.

We play outdoors in a cold weather environment, we shouldn't be a pansy, finesse team

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Jarvis Jones........LB Georgia.

13 sacks and 19 Tackles for a loss in 2011

12.5 sacks and 22 Tackles for a loss in 2012

Defense wins championships people....its finally time to get a star on defense and stop trying to build through the Dline.....

you all have to agree...I mean seriously....
PhiCelek87

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(1) Fire Reid;
(2) Cut Vick;
(3) Commit to giving Foles the reigns next year.

1. Obvious.

2. I do not want to tie this team up any longer with a veteran QB - this team is at least 2014 away from being a viable, championship contender considering the major holes in the secondary (could potentially see 4 new starters in 13) and the offensive line (RG/RT) along with the general age along the offensive (Peters, Herremans, Mathis) and defensive lines (Cole, Jenkins) to go along with supplemental holes throughout the roster (SAM, TE, WR).

Even if Vick were a close to elite option (which he is not), we would be wasting a window with elite talent and high-end playmakers like McCoy and Jackson. They would be two years older in 2014 and we'd have to start over because that is approximately Vick's window of usefulness.

Time to move on.

3. I was impressed with what Foles brought to the table - while certain aspects need to be improved (deep ball, mechanics) - he showed a ton of ability in less than even mediocre circumstances and grew as a player. I want to see the Eagles give Foles 16 games next year with a more competent supporting staff. This was one of my major beefs when the Eagles moved to Vick - I want to give the younger guy a chance to take his lumps and get better.

Foles already has a more significant sample size than Kolb did and has the frame to hold up better also. Let's give him a full season and make the call at the end of the next year. If he is terrible or below average then we're in prime position to end a high-end option in 2014.
Kempes

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:

Defense wins championships people....its finally time to get a star on defense and stop trying to build through the Dline.....

Jones will be a beast but I'd be annoyed if we went LB in the first.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the one action you want to see taken most this OS Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Kempes wrote:

1a] Fire Andy Reid
1b] Cut Mike Vick

Yes!

Considering his twin daughters are 5 that might take some time.

He might want to move when they're ready for HS? Who the heck knows

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnyEagles wrote:

No Jarvis Jone is ew.
JohnyEagles

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
JohnyEagles wrote:

No Jarvis Jone is ew.

Oh so I guess you dont mind Jamar "blend in" Cheney to man the third LB position.....

Jarvis Jones is the BPA in the top 3....WE DONT NEED ANOTHER DLINEMAN!!!!!!!!!!!1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: