Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Locker have?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject: How long does Locker have? Reply with quote

You know when you get that new car, the new car smell goes away after a while and the excitement wears off....

We've seen it before where if the QB doesn't show enough early....then they are written off to a degree....

We have seen flashes of Locker. I'm afriad if he doesn't show consistent improvement by the end of the year, going into next year, the "excitement" may not be there....
He basically has 2 more years left on his deal.....

Say we make a whole clearing house coaching move. New HC and OC. That will maybe set him back.

I don't want to be like the Longhorn where we waited too long....

I'm not saying give up on him...just for discussion..how long does a QB have in this new CBA era where salaries are low and contracts are shorter....

They ready to run Ponder out of Minnesota...we know they ready to get rid of Gabbert.. Just seems like it use to be give them at least 3 years to prove themselves as a 1st rounder..

I can already sense on local radio they are thinking he will "never get to Luck or RG3 Level"
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With what he's shown so far, he'll have extra time. People keep forgetting how raw he was coming out. He wasn't NFL-ready like Luck and Griffin were predicted to be. His accuracy has already improved a good deal(though still needs to improve some more), his decision making is better than what it was in college, etc.

His ability to improvise with his legs, if we'd play call to utilize that, would speed up his development. Just look at the confidence it's given RG3, they're playing to his strengths in Washington. Locker obviously isn't going to run for 700 yards like RG3, but getting him on the outside and letting him throw on the run will boost his confidence as that's what he's best at...and as we've seen these past couple weeks, letting him run the no huddle, where he can make his own calls and audibles gives us even better results.
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think next year will be the key. The thing is that even if he starts our last 4 games he'll still have only 11 career starts. If we keep Munchak then it's a make or break year for both he and Locker. If we get a new coaching staff, I think it'll be a "try-out" year for Locker with them. If Locker struggles and we have a losing record the new coaching staff will definitely look at a QB for competition, at the very least.

The thing with Locker is I don't he'll ever put up the best stats but he has a special quality that I think will make him a very good QB in this league.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of the thought that if you don't have a top 10 QB, you keep drafting them when you have the chance. Right now, he's not showing me enough, but this year's QB class isn't great. He'll have next year to show he's made the jump. After that, I'll be ready to start circling the wagons.
KingTitan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:
The thing with Locker is I don't he'll ever put up the best stats but he has a special quality that I think will make him a very good QB in this league.

I've seen him compared to Brett Farve by a slim few..very slim. Because Farve had a low completioin percentage at Southern Miss.

Looking at Brett's career. He always had double digit INTs, pretty much always threw at least 13-15 INTs a year. Sometimes being in the high 20s.

But Farve had that "thing."

Sidenote...he also has been compared to Kyle Boller.....
-Hope-

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll get all of next year for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next year. You don't pull a 1st round pick with less than one full year of starts unless he's Jamarcus Russell. And even Jamarcus Russell got about that long lol.

Also, seriously? We're talking about replacing Locker? Are you nuts?
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Hope- wrote:
He'll get all of next year for sure.

Agreed and if he falls on his face and we're horrible, Teddy Bridgewater time Dancing
lamont

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will get another year next year to be his "make or break season". I just hope he doesn't have to learn a new offense during OTAs.

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
Dionysus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite frankly, I don't think Locker is the guy who needs to be on the clock. I believe he's a solid franchise quality QB who will develop with more time. He really reminds me a lot of a young Steve McNair...only White. He's tough, gritty, competitive, mobile with a cannon arm. As long as they don't start jacking him around with changing OCs and installing new systems every time their asses starts itching, he should be just fine. If anything, it's his inconsistent weapons who need to be put on a time limit. Not every elite or solid QB, past or present, became a success overnight.
Aaron Rogers had 4-5 years to learn before he took over.
Drew Brees was in his last year with the Chargers before he started hitting his peak. Then you have some who are exceptions to the rule, but they normally had a better supporting cast like good defenses to help their cause.

Niznag74

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone is on this QB has to be great on day one kick bc of the way a small few have been playing right out of college in the last couple of years. When it comes down to it those few are the exception and not the rule. QBs need some time to get it worked out. Look at Cam, had a great first year and not is in a down year. RG3 and Luck could come out next year and be even worse then Cam this year. Locker is far from the problem on offense, he really has no help around him. There is lots of young talent, but they aren't playing the way they should. If the Wrs and Tes can pull it together and stop dropping so many balls on him and get some separation we could put up a lot better numbers. I really feel that the key here is to give this offense another year together to get it all worked out. If we keep changing what we are doing with different OCs then it will just keep messing it up and they wont ever turn out to the players we hope them to be.

The way I see it is Munch gets one more year to run the show with Locker as the starter. After that if they don't get rolling again I can see some changes coming with replacing Munch and then Locker depending on what the new HC wants to do and feels about the team. I just feel the worst thing you can do for a young QB is keep changing the offense, we saw what happened to Vince and plenty of others, it never ended good.
Chocolateman78

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingTitan wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

I've seen him compared to Brett Farve by a slim few..very slim. Because Farve had a low completioin percentage at Southern Miss.

Looking at Brett's career. He always had double digit INTs, pretty much always threw at least 13-15 INTs a year. Sometimes being in the high 20s.

But Farve had that "thing."

Sidenote...he also has been compared to Kyle Boller.....

I still see more McNair than anything. He's gonna need time, but he also needs to stay in the same system. But given his weapons, assuming the coaching staff stays intact, if he's not making big strides in terms of consistency next year, then its time to start asking questions and weighing options

Munch and Locker might be tied together. Come next year they're gonna both have to prove that the're worthy of being here long term.

**RIP Steve McNair**
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd estimate roughly another decade as our franchise quarterback.

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
VY-FTW

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:

This.

Can't believe we are talking about this Laughing

But I guess this is what happens when you go 4-8 and your outta the playoff race... Rolling Eyes
Same time as Mike Vicks new dog grooming show.

Justin Hunter #FTW
VYoung10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VY-FTW wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:

This.

Can't believe we are talking about this Laughing

But I guess this is what happens when you go 4-8 and your outta the playoff race... Rolling Eyes

Come on debbie downer...
We have a .5% chance of making the playoffs.

2014 Adopt a Titan: Bernard Pollard #31

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: