Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Free Agents and Cap Space for every team

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: 2013 NFL Free Agents and Cap Space for every team Reply with quote

http://nfltraderumors.co/2013-nfl-free-agents/
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/- This might help.

I know we have a Draft/Free Agent thread but it is like 44 pages long. This is designed to focus ONLY on the upcoming FA's for every team and the salary cap space each team has available for the 2013 season.

With that said:

1. Who do we re-sign?

2. Who do we let walk?

3. Who do we restructure to make more room?

4. Who do we sign and at what position/price/length?

Last edited by Rtnldave on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is not the CAP space for 2013. That is the current CAP Space as of Nov 1, 2012. That's what it says on the site.

Besides, they don't even know what the Limit will be for 2013 yet. It's expected only to go up by like 600,000 this year. The smallest amount in like 10 years.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
That is not the CAP space for 2013. That is the current CAP Space as of Nov 1, 2012. That's what it says on the site.

Besides, they don't even know what the Limit will be for 2013 yet. It's expected only to go up by like 600,000 this year. The smallest amount in like 10 years.

Ok, I am a little new to the whole Cap Space/ restrucutre thing. I just thought it relavent before we begin thinking of who we might let go and who we might be able to sign. Forgive me, I'm off all week from teaching and I'm going a little stir crazy with the lousy weather here in Philly.

But just for ishs and giggles, humor me, who would you let walk and who would you sign, within reason.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave based on my stupidly rough numbers, we are roughly 20 million over the cap. However, when you extend Romo and restructure Carr you are only a few million over once you roll over the cap.

If you are bored, I recommend you take a look at the mock draft thread. Several individuals are doing mock off seasons with restructures and free agents. Last 5-8 pages or so.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Ok, I am a little new to the whole Cap Space/ restrucutre thing. I just thought it relavent before we begin thinking of who we might let go and who we might be able to sign. Forgive me, I'm off all week from teaching and I'm going a little stir crazy with the lousy weather here in Philly.

But just for ishs and giggles, humor me, who would you let walk and who would you sign, within reason.
yeah this weather sucks across the river here in South Jersey as well.

As far as who I would re-sign and cut and restructure Here is my list

Extend - Romo

Re-sign - Spencer and The Great L.P. Ladouceur are really the only ones I would re-sign

Trade - Ratliff and maybe Miles

Cut - Spears, Free

Walk - Jones, Jenkins, Phillips, Dockery, Coleman, Butler

Restructure - Ware, Carr and Sensebaugh

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Rtnldave based on my stupidly rough numbers, we are roughly 20 million over the cap. However, when you extend Romo and restructure Carr you are only a few million over once you roll over the cap.

If you are bored, I recommend you take a look at the mock draft thread. Several individuals are doing mock off seasons with restructures and free agents. Last 5-8 pages or so.

Dave, don't do it. I've refused to open that thread (despite several PMs asking me to comment on a particular mock offseason) until the cowboys are eli'ed.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Which is fair.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! If nothing else you guys are making me laugh.

As for textaz03, I like your thoughts on this but then who would you pick up as a FA if you could?

Think about this, if Norv Turner came here as an OC I'd be willing to bet he would want to bring 1 player with him. An OG, Louis Vasquez. He is somewhere inthe neighborhood of 320 lbs and only 4 years in the league. That would certainley give us some wiggle room in the draft.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: