Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Macklemore's Mock 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 778
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
dmac505 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Who knows could be a steal, could be a bust.

Yeah he would, he's a boss, he would deal with it tho.

Offensive line is not below average, we are average. I'd like to see you back up your assertion with proof. I'll wait.


You can't watch our offensive line and tell me that they're not below average. There's a reason why Carson Palmer is under constant pressure and we have absolutely no running game.


just to chime in here; our oline has gotten a lot worse because of the ZBS, they were much better the year before. Wis and Veld IMO are much better in the PBS. which is a big factor


True, Palmer does face a lot of pressure. I've been impressed with his ability to handle it. I've been equally unimpressed with his ability to still make a stupid decision when he has time though. Fwiw, I think our OL has gotten better lately


yea palmer isnt mobile, but he can definitely move around in the pocket. Hes impressed me all year with it.
I agree with the OL improving as of late. Im sure the coaching staff new the ZBS would take time to understand, just didnt think it would take the entire year unfortunately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
If we were 10-6 this season Dennis Allen would be one hell of a coach, fact is were 4-11.

The record thing is.. with a rookie QB and terrible defense I wouldn't be going into the season expecting a super-bowl, I'm not some rabid homer who expects to win every game. I would definitely expect to be improved, but if we have a worse record I couldn't care less because I feel like the team would be better off for the future.

I'm thinking big picture, not just the immediate future, I'm young, I got plenty of time.


You keep contradicting yourself. You say with a rookie quarterback and an even worse defense you'd expect us to improve but if our record is worse next season you wouldn't care because you're in it for the long haul. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24742
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really like much of the off season aside from Mike Glennon. He is going to be a very good QB in my opinion.
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
ZoomWaffle


Joined: 25 Apr 2010
Posts: 5365
Location: United Kingdom
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Glennon is meh. His stock will rise because of his arm strength and size, but you don't draft a QB with a <60% completion rating (see Locker).


+1

Stats arent all that matters when scouting a prospect, but if a QB cant complete 60% I want no part of him.
_________________


Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Glennon is meh. His stock will rise because of his arm strength and size, but you don't draft a QB with a <60% completion rating (see Locker).


+1

Stats arent all that matters when scouting a prospect, but if a QB cant complete 60% I want no part of him.


In before someone starts blaming his receviers and offensive line for his accuracy issue.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 778
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
If we were 10-6 this season Dennis Allen would be one hell of a coach, fact is were 4-11.

The record thing is.. with a rookie QB and terrible defense I wouldn't be going into the season expecting a super-bowl, I'm not some rabid homer who expects to win every game. I would definitely expect to be improved, but if we have a worse record I couldn't care less because I feel like the team would be better off for the future.

I'm thinking big picture, not just the immediate future, I'm young, I got plenty of time.


You keep contradicting yourself. You say with a rookie quarterback and an even worse defense you'd expect us to improve but if our record is worse next season you wouldn't care because you're in it for the long haul. Laughing


i dont think hes contradicting himself.
Not the biggest fan of his offseason, (i dont want a qb in the first) but i think there is logic behind it.

Really Allen hasnt shown much this season, I say rookie mistakes he thinks he just doesnt have it. Theres no way to know right now.
but the facts are;

at the start of the year we were close in every game at half, and then got blown out in the second. -- To me thats all on coaching. The great, even the good teams win because they make adjustments at half time.
We dont we keep the strategy throughout the game.

The only reason why i want Allen staying is for continuity and for coaches around teh league to see theyll get more than a 1 year shot.
But I havent been very impressed with DA.

He seems to mellow on the sidelines, not enough fire.

Hopefully its just rookie mistakes and what not, but lets not pretend mackelmore is 100% wrong in saying hes been bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Glennon is meh. His stock will rise because of his arm strength and size, but you don't draft a QB with a <60% completion rating (see Locker).


+1

Stats arent all that matters when scouting a prospect, but if a QB cant complete 60% I want no part of him.


Good thing stats aren't all that matters, because his WR's have dropped an absurd amount of easily catchable balls, scouts will know that NFL WR's make those catches. This guy isn't Jake Locker, his accuracy is fine.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's contradictory to say you expect us to do something and then in the same paragraph make it clear that you actually don't expect or care if it happens anyway....
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
macklemore wrote:
If we were 10-6 this season Dennis Allen would be one hell of a coach, fact is were 4-11.

The record thing is.. with a rookie QB and terrible defense I wouldn't be going into the season expecting a super-bowl, I'm not some rabid homer who expects to win every game. I would definitely expect to be improved, but if we have a worse record I couldn't care less because I feel like the team would be better off for the future.

I'm thinking big picture, not just the immediate future, I'm young, I got plenty of time.


You keep contradicting yourself. You say with a rookie quarterback and an even worse defense you'd expect us to improve but if our record is worse next season you wouldn't care because you're in it for the long haul. Laughing


Bo, bo, bo, bo, bo....

just get outta here.. each post makes you look more and more senile.

I'm not contradicting myself in the slightest.. I never said the reason I wanted Allen fired was because of the teams record. try again, troll.

oh, and where did I say this defense would be even worse? I would expect them to be about the same.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
91jmay


Joined: 11 Dec 2006
Posts: 24742
Location: Wonderland
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Glennon is meh. His stock will rise because of his arm strength and size, but you don't draft a QB with a <60% completion rating (see Locker).


+1

Stats arent all that matters when scouting a prospect, but if a QB cant complete 60% I want no part of him.


In before someone starts blaming his receviers and offensive line for his accuracy issue.

Guess none of you guys would have drafted Jay Cutler, Donovan McNabb, Brett Favre, Matt Ryan (below 60% his draft year), Josh Freeman, Matt Hasselbeck. On the rather arbitrary basis that they didn't throw above 60%. JaMarcus, Tim Couch, Vince Young, David Carr, would have been considered ahead of those guys? Wow.
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
smokey1212 wrote:

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
It's contradictory to say you expect us to do something and then in the same paragraph make it clear that you actually don't expect or care if it happens anyway....


You realize we could be a better team and have a worse record right? SHOCKER! I know, buddy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say "I'd expect us to improve, but if we didn't I wouldn't care because I'm in it for the long haul." Its contradictory because you're basically saying you expect us to improve and that you don't expect us to improve in the same paragraph. Rolling Eyes

But keep resorting to personal attacks.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
macklemore


Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Posts: 1425
Location: Seattle, WA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Glennon is meh. His stock will rise because of his arm strength and size, but you don't draft a QB with a <60% completion rating (see Locker).


+1

Stats arent all that matters when scouting a prospect, but if a QB cant complete 60% I want no part of him.


In before someone starts blaming his receviers and offensive line for his accuracy issue.

Guess none of you guys would have drafted Jay Cutler, Donovan McNabb, Brett Favre, Matt Ryan (below 60% his draft year), Josh Freeman, Matt Hasselbeck. On the rather arbitrary basis that they didn't throw above 60%. JaMarcus, Tim Couch, Vince Young, David Carr, would have been considered ahead of those guys? Wow.


No they wouldn't, they would only draft QB's with a lot of hype from big schools.

And about your FSU comment, that was worse game out of the ones I linked and he started the game playing like crap. Glennon rallied though, and led a comeback.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dmac505


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 778
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
It's contradictory to say you expect us to do something and then in the same paragraph make it clear that you actually don't expect or care if it happens anyway....


haha yes and no... not really sure why im getting involved cause i see both sides but i think what he was getting at is;

he wants us to make a lot of changes with player personal (I agree i think we need to overhaul the roster)

Palmer isnt going to lead us to the superbowl so lets try and find a qb (I disagree, Palmer may not win us a superbowl but i dont see a QB with better potential... but there are surprises every year.. glennon could become a star i / you / macklemore dont know.)

By going back to the PBS our offence will be better even if Glennon is worse than Palmer (I agree, our offence was better with Campbell then it is now with palmer even though campbell is a worse qb, because we were running a better system for our players.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9687
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
It's contradictory to say you expect us to do something and then in the same paragraph make it clear that you actually don't expect or care if it happens anyway....


You realize we could be a better team and have a worse record right? SHOCKER! I know, buddy.


How much better would we be if we couldn't win more than 3 games though?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group