Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pro bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
After years of getting effed out of spots it is nice to see the pendulum swing the other way. Andre, Arian, Duane Brown and JJ Watt were locks based on how well they have played. Chris Myers has played well so his nod seems well-deserved. Matt Schaub made it by default, as I can't see another AFC QB that would deserve the nomination more. That just leaves Johnathan Joseph who made it on reputation. As for Wade Smith.... I am happy for him, but it comes as a surprise.

I agree with you, When i read Wade smith i was like wow.....Joesph missed a lot of game time for a pro bowl player, but when fully healthy he is a top 5 corner in the NFL, but he made it solely on rep this year. Schaub makes sense as the 3rd QB because QBs are judged mainly on wins and he has won 12 starts this season.

Andrew Luck probably could make his case for the 3rd spot, as could Joe Flacco who put up almost identical numbers to Schuab. If you look at QBR Schuab was 12th in the NFL but was 3rd in AFC, just barely ahead of Luck

i would imagine the pro bowl QBs will be something like Luck, Dalton and Schuab unless we make the Super Bowl. i doubt Manning or Brady actually go

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you look at QBR Schuab was 12th in the NFL but was 3rd in AFC, just barely ahead of Luck

If by "barely" you mean NOT EVEN CLOSE. Schaub is at 92.4, Luck is at 75.6 which puts him behind Tannehill and Gabbert. Flacco has completed less than 60% of his passes while Schaub is behind only Peyton at 64.2. Luck sits at a paltry 54.3 comp%. So Schaub never gets credit for stats because the team is mediocre and now you want to elevate Luck despite crappy stats because his team won 9 games? Luck threw 18 ints, had 9 fumbles, and took 40 sacks. He certainly had a great year for a rookie, but let's not elevate him over QBs who don't make the type of mistakes that lose games like he did at least 5 times this year.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Marco79

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Quote:
If you look at QBR Schuab was 12th in the NFL but was 3rd in AFC, just barely ahead of Luck

If by "barely" you mean NOT EVEN CLOSE. Schaub is at 92.4, Luck is at 75.6 which puts him behind Tannehill and Gabbert. Flacco has completed less than 60% of his passes while Schaub is behind only Peyton at 64.2. Luck sits at a paltry 54.3 comp%. So Schaub never gets credit for stats because the team is mediocre and now you want to elevate Luck despite crappy stats because his team won 9 games? Luck threw 18 ints, had 9 fumbles, and took 40 sacks. He certainly had a great year for a rookie, but let's not elevate him over QBs who don't make the type of mistakes that lose games like he did at least 5 times this year.

I think he was talking about ESPN's QBR.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
Quote:

i was referring to ESPN's total QBR rating which puts Schuab at 64.8 and Luck at 64.6.....Luck has also thrown the ball 99 more times than Schuab and has been sacked 17 more times. That tells me that Luck had a worse running game and a worse O-Line. I wasnt meaning to come as saying that Luck had a better overall year, but i do think he could have made a case for getting into the pro bowl. Keep in mind he lead the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs, while Schaub might be leading the Texans right back to where were at without him which is a wild card home game against the Bengals

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Quote:

i was referring to ESPN's total QBR rating which puts Schuab at 64.8 and Luck at 64.6.....Luck has also thrown the ball 99 more times than Schuab and has been sacked 17 more times. That tells me that Luck had a worse running game and a worse O-Line. I wasnt meaning to come as saying that Luck had a better overall year, but i do think he could have made a case for getting into the pro bowl. Keep in mind he lead the worst team in the NFL to the playoffs, while Schaub might be leading the Texans right back to where were at without him which is a wild card home game against the Bengals

You realise other than the folks at ESPN, no-one would use that statistic for any argument?

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Quote:

You realise other than the folks at ESPN, no-one would use that statistic for any argument?

yes i realize that other than the world wide leader in sports news and coverage no one else owns the rights to use the QBR stat, but that doesnt mean it doesnt have real world value or application. The Regular Qb rating is a joke. According to that Alex Smith is a top 3 QB and Andrew Luck is one of the worst QBs in the NFL at 29th overall

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
texans_uk wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:
Apollo Stallion wrote:
Quote:

yes i realize that other than the world wide leader in sports news and coverage no one else owns the rights to use the QBR stat, but that doesnt mean it doesnt have real world value or application. The Regular Qb rating is a joke. According to that Alex Smith is a top 3 QB and Andrew Luck is one of the worst QBs in the NFL at 29th overall

Wow. Dude, really?

Because ESPN made it up, therefore it must be useful?

Wow.

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do you have against using it?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
So what do you have against using it?

No one knows how it is calculate or how they come to their assignment of several values regarding things such as running and situation. It is therefore impossible to determine the validity of the stat.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: