Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Purple People at the Pro Bowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
I don't know if Allen deserved the Pro Bowl but he has 10 sacks and that's normally considered a solid season.

He has 11, actually.

But if you compare that to other 4-3 DEs in the NFC, 2 other players have atleast 11 sacks (Peppers and Hardy). Charles Johnson and John Abraham also had good sack output. Allen is a better defender against the run than Peppers, Johnson and Abraham, though Hardy did have himself a nice season.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allen probably doesn't deserve it. and it could be debated.

Saturday definitely doesn't deserve it. and there's no debate over that.

that's the difference.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And no Smith? Wow. Didn't think he would make the Pro Bowl as a starter but as an alternate? I would have thought.

Allen making it in is sad.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know it would have been hard to do but i would have loved to see Winfield get in! He has always been under looked but it's hard to not give the not to Jennings, Tillman, and Peterson
BadgerBoy001

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm Guts wrote:
I don't know if Allen deserved the Pro Bowl but he has 10 sacks and that's normally considered a solid season.

He is second in the nfl in 4-3 DE pressures. Still plays the run very well. Solidly deserving if you ask me
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBoy001 wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

He is second in the nfl in 4-3 DE pressures. Still plays the run very well. Solidly deserving if you ask me

Also put up his numbers dealing with injury that will require offseason surgery
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I hope none of them even make the trip for the probowl. Wink

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
Bermuda Viking

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturday went from Peyton to Rodgers that's why he got in. He's a good guy.

Sully has gotten ripped for weeks in here now everyone wants to say he's a pro-bowler? I believe he is in the conversation and the latest stories confirm that, but let's not lose our brains because he was left out because we wouldnt have had that conversation 4 weeks ago. Same goes for Saturday getting benched.

I wish Greenway was in. I think Allen didnt deserve it compared to his rivals, but that's the system. Had Winfield gotten in I would have been stoked!

Cheers to Sullivan for being a great player. I hope he gets the nod next year.

P.S. We have a Pro-Bowler brewing at safety. Shhhhhhh.....
Captain Viking

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greenest along with Briggs are at a disadvantage as OLBs is 4-3 defenses because OLBs in 3-4 defenses put up sack numbers .. its really 2 different positions listed as the same. The whole thing is just a joke.
pro football focus has Sullivan as the best center in the whole league this year. Embarrasibg the the NFL lets this charade continue
AP_allday2869

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Kalil would have made it.

Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Viking wrote:
Greenest along with Briggs are at a disadvantage as OLBs is 4-3 defenses because OLBs in 3-4 defenses put up sack numbers .. its really 2 different positions listed as the same. The whole thing is just a joke.

Wish there was a better way to list the positions. Don't know if you could, rather than voting for 2 OLBs, vote for one 4-3 OLB and one 3-4 OLB. Would that be fair?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Captain Viking wrote:

Wish there was a better way to list the positions. Don't know if you could, rather than voting for 2 OLBs, vote for one 4-3 OLB and one 3-4 OLB. Would that be fair?

I would rather lump the 3-4 OLBs with the 4-3 DEs. They both do the same job, essentially.

Than you lump the 3-4 DEs with the 4-3 DTs.

Maybe make a seperate grouping for 4-3 OLBs and lump all ILBs and MLBs together.
Klomp

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@ChrisWarcraft: Big congrats to @BlairWalsh3 for making the Pro Bowl. I was busy watching Sherlock. Obviously him being voted in was elementary.

Quote:
@ChrisWarcraft: Sadly, @JASully65 got snubbed, which sucks, because he's a cool guy who's playing very well, even if he is a capitalist pigdog lackey.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The controversy continues to brew over the validity of the NFL Pro Bowl game. The NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, has been very critical and vocal in his discontent regarding the NFL players' performance in the game. Earlier in 2012 the NFL Commissioner went on record stating that he is seriously considering cancelling the Pro Bowl permanently, do to poor performance by the players.

The NFL players responded through their Union, releasing a statement that the 2013 Pro Bowl game will be more aggressive. The Pro Bowl has been given a reprieve for now, but there is still some uncertainty in the fate of the All-Star game, for the future.

http://www.examiner.com/article/2013-nfl-pro-bowl-may-be-the-last-along-with-major-nfl-changes-next-season?cid=rss

Have NFL fans seen the last of the Pro Bowl? The game could be suspended next year, two people familiar with discussions said Thursday.

Commissioner Roger Goodell, among others, expressed concerns about the quality of play after January's game, and the league has been holding talks with the players' union about the future of the all-star game. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the talks were not being publicized.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/26/pro-bowl-2013-future-jeopardy-nfl_n_1456351.html

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Probowl had the same rules that applied to a regular/playoff game, then perhaps it would be more competitive.

You cant limit what players can do and expect the same result as any other game.

the recognition is nice, the game is terrible.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: