Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Opponents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: 2013 Opponents Reply with quote

Home: Falcons, Panthers, Texans, Colts, Packers (If 49ers win division), Rams, Hawks, Cards

Away: Saints, Bucs, Jags, Titans, Was/Dal (If 49ers win division), Rams, Hawks, Cards

The Jags game is in London Oct 27th, so look for the Oct 20th game to probably be against Bucs or Was if they win division and Bye week will probably be Nov 3rd.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, this season our schedule was pretty tough but we should handle our business once again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Not bad, this season our schedule was pretty tough but we should handle our business once again.

agreed. assuming we continue an upward slope, we should have double digit plus wins. Now lets go take care of business on Sunday!!!
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 Opponents Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
Home: Falcons, Panthers, Texans, Colts, Packers (If 49ers win division), Rams, Hawks, Cards

Away: Saints, Bucs, Jags, Titans, Was/Dal (If 49ers win division), Rams, Hawks, Cards

The Jags game is in London Oct 27th, so look for the Oct 20th game to probably be against Bucs or Was if they win division and Bye week will probably be Nov 3rd.
This schedule looks to be as hard as our schedule this year. I'd say looking at it right now that we will be a 10+ win team again with this schedule and another offseason of upgrades.

"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't the schedule depend on where we rank in our division (not sure about this). So, if we lose the division to Seattle, we would get a much easier schedule, right? Like the Falcons this year. They were wildcards last year, got one of the easiest schedule in the league, and totally killed it all year. I really think our big superbowl push is next year. That's what the switch to Kap told me, at least. He gets experience and works out the kinks now. I'm sure the plan was never to lose the division on purpose, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. This way, we'd get an easy schedule, an easy shot at a top 2 seed and an easier shot at the Superbowl.

This being said, I want to crush the Cards this sunday. Aldon getting 4 sacks, Gore having a great game, VD coming back to the land of the relevant, LaMichael making a handful of exciting plays. I wouldn't mind having a pretty win, for a change. The kind of win I download the game afterward just to watch it again, when I want to get psyched.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Doesn't the schedule depend on where we rank in our division (not sure about this). So, if we lose the division to Seattle, we would get a much easier schedule, right? Like the Falcons this year. They were wildcards last year, got one of the easiest schedule in the league, and totally killed it all year. I really think our big superbowl push is next year. That's what the switch to Kap told me, at least. He gets experience and works out the kinks now. I'm sure the plan was never to lose the division on purpose, but it wouldn't be the end of the world. This way, we'd get an easy schedule, an easy shot at a top 2 seed and an easier shot at the Superbowl.

This being said, I want to crush the Cards this sunday. Aldon getting 4 sacks, Gore having a great game, VD coming back to the land of the relevant, LaMichael making a handful of exciting plays. I wouldn't mind having a pretty win, for a change. The kind of win I download the game afterward just to watch it again, when I want to get psyched.
The only difference in our schedule would be us playing the 2nd place team in the NFC East and North. That's it. Our schedule will be like this.

We play:
NFC South division (4 games)
AFC South division (4 games)
Our division (6 games)
Then we play the teams that place the same as us in the other two NFC divisions that we don't play next year. That's your last two games. Those are the only 2 games that could change on our schedule depending on what place we finish in our division. So really, two games might end up easier for us.

"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

The only difference in our schedule would be us playing the 2nd place team in the NFC East and North. That's it. Our schedule will be like this.

We play:
Our division (6 games)
Then we play the teams that place the same as us in the other two NFC divisions that we don't play next year. That's your last two games. Those are the only 2 games that could change on our schedule depending on what place we finish in our division. So really, two games might end up easier for us.

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

We play:
Our division (6 games)

No problem. I hate when people act like certain teams get favored for scheduling. I'm not talking about you Rudyz. I'm talking about in general. Most people don't understand the format for the scheduling and if they did know they would see that it's a fair system IMO.

"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

We play:
Our division (6 games)

No problem. I hate when people act like certain teams get favored for scheduling. I'm not talking about you Rudyz. I'm talking about in general. Most people don't understand the format for the scheduling and if they did know they would see that it's a fair system IMO.

When I hear that, it mostly refers to how certain teams get their tougher games at home instead of on the road. I hear that every weak regarding the Pats (being in the north east, all I hear is about the Pats). Pats haters here make it a point to remark how all of their tougher opponents come to Boston, while they have their easy targets away. What determines which game will be played at home and which will be away?

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

We play:
Our division (6 games)

When I hear that, it mostly refers to how certain teams get their tougher games at home instead of on the road. I hear that every weak regarding the Pats (being in the north east, all I hear is about the Pats). Pats haters here make it a point to remark how all of their tougher opponents come to Boston, while they have their easy targets away. What determines which game will be played at home and which will be away?
Now that I'm not sure of. Like why do we play NO again at their place when we played them this year there.

"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

We play:
Our division (6 games)

Now that I'm not sure of. Like why do we play NO again at their place when we played them this year there.

That might have to do with division rankings as well. Isn't it something like, when we play an entire division, we play 1 and 4 home, and 2 and 3 away, or vice versa. When we play only two teams, the home or away should be determined by their rank again. I think I heard something like that at some point.

steadypimpin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:
steadypimpin wrote:
rudyZ wrote:

We play:
Our division (6 games)

That might have to do with division rankings as well. Isn't it something like, when we play an entire division, we play 1 and 4 home, and 2 and 3 away, or vice versa. When we play only two teams, the home or away should be determined by their rank again. I think I heard something like that at some point.
I just looked it up and it wasn't very clear just that when we play a team one year at home the next year it should be away but some years you might have to play that team at their place 2 years in a row but then we would get the next 2 home games against that particular team. They have a system.

"Keep choppin' wood"
rudyZ

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy stuff. Better leave it to the experts.

scraly47*

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-2013-regular-season-opponents

Opponents for next year are out.

On paper, we have easy road games with only no and Seattle as the tough one. The home opponents feature Atlanta, Houston, indy, Carolina and gb(finally). I am glad these games are home. I wished the Carolina game was in nc, I would go...
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scraly47* wrote:
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/49ers-2013-regular-season-opponents

Opponents for next year are out.

On paper, we have easy road games with only no and Seattle as the tough one. The home opponents feature Atlanta, Houston, indy, Carolina and gb(finally). I am glad these games are home. I wished the Carolina game was in nc, I would go...

One of my brothers is a redskins fan. Maybe I could convince him to make the trip to D.C. for that game. It would be cool.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: