Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Where to go in the first round (far too early I know)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ward4HOF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

grubs10 wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
I'd like to trade back. I want Eric Fisher, but we're going to be picking around 14-16 range. I think if we trade back, we can manage a 1st+2nd for our 1st and take Eric Fisher with the first.
We have used two 2nd round picks on offensive tackles and two 1st round picks on interior linemen in the past 3 years. Unless the value is rediculous I can't imagine using another first round pick on an Olinemen. We need to see what these top picks can do when they are playing together with some experience before we give up on them.

We may not be able to afford Starks, believe it or not, which leaves us w/ Gilbert, Adams, Beachum, and in emergency, Foster. Time playing together may help, ir it may not.

If you are happy with those options as our OTs, then I'd agree with you. I have a feeling, though, some fans are not, and getting a "1b"-type OT (basically, not one of the top-flight OTs) might be tempting.

That said, is the need for an OT higher than an OLB or S or ILB or NT? Not sure, myself, but I wouldn't be devastated if we picked up a guy like Fisher. I think this year's draft has potentially a lot of intrigue for Steeler fans, as opposed to last year who had DD not dropped, we were about 99% sold on taking Hightower.

Props to Jamison on the image!!!
Raven's Fan-
mounimonster wrote:
Lol..The only people taking Brown are...Pittsburgh fans....This poll shouldn't be close...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: