Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Percy Harvin to Baltimore?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Percy Harvin to Baltimore? Reply with quote

NBC is reporting he won't be back with Minnesota next season.

I want him here. How can we make a play for him? Cut Reed, Lewis, and Boldin? Let Jones and Kruger walk? Idk, but someone please tell me a way we COULD possibly bring him here.

Just imagine...

Torrey and Percy Shocked

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I'll give you a scenario: We let Flacco walk.

That's about it. Other than that, I don't want him because he's too expensive.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I got Andrew Luck winning MVP this year

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
janky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Okay, I'll give you a scenario: We let Flacco walk.

That's about it. Other than that, I don't want him because he's too expensive.

Eff that Flacco stays. Whatever it reasonably takes to bring Percy to Bmore I'm on that bandwagon. I'm dreaming about Percy Harvin in this offense. Of course with Flacco and Jacoby and Torrey and Pitta omg. And without Cam Cameron.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said it before the season started, but I like him a lot. I've liked him since the scouting process where I felt like he was the only WR I'd seen with that 'escapability' trait outside of Steve Smith. His ability to work his way through 'sure tackles' is simply ridiculous... but that being said he plays the game too physical and his playing style is simply too violent. He's not the most durable athlete as he's always getting banged up. I think part of that is how the Vikings utilize him... and he'd take less blows in an offense that allows him to go deep more often, but at the same time... I think you have to counter that with price.

We're going to have to worry about retaining Torrey Smith in another 2 years, so even if there were a way to reasonably retain our key players this off-season and get Harvin (which I highly doubt their is, but just hypothetically speaking) we'd be setting ourselves up for a season or two where we're not able to retain our guys/have to face plenty of tough cuts... like the Jets. And Percy Harvin simply isn't worth that. This WR class is certainly deep enough that if we want to add another player, we could do that.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to cost far too much money for what he'd provide us. No thanks.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
alfalcone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has a year left on his rookie contract, and because of his attitude will be available for cheap for what amounts to a one year rental. We desperately need a player outside of Rice who is great in open space. There's no reason not to spend a third or lower on Harvin.

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
He has a year left on his rookie contract, and because of his attitude will be available for cheap for what amounts to a one year rental. We desperately need a player outside of Rice who is great in open space. There's no reason not to spend a third or lower on Harvin.

And his attitude is something that won't likely jive with Harbaugh. And we'd be sacrificing a potentially productive player for the next 3-4 years for a one year rental. That 3rd round pick could end up becoming another Lardarius Webb type of impact player.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

And his attitude is something that won't likely jive with Harbaugh. And we'd be sacrificing a potentially productive player for the next 3-4 years for a one year rental. That 3rd round pick could end up becoming another Lardarius Webb type of impact player.

It's just as likely if not more so that it could be a Jah Reid type, and Harvin is a Webb type impact player.

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely not if the Ravens couldn't re-sign Harvin. You don't just throw away valuable assets on a one-year rental. The Ravens build their team through the draft first and foremost. Doing a deal like that would be incredibly short-sighted and there are plenty of quality WR prospects in this upcoming draft that they could take a chance on and still have them on the team at least three years from now. It's might be more of a gamble than acquiring Harvin but he's not exactly a reliable guy either and that's compounded by the likelihood that he won't be around past next season .
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

It's just as likely if not more so that it could be a Jah Reid type, and Harvin is a Webb type impact player.

You mean a starting LG who has RT versatility? a guy who could be with this team for the length of his rookie deal and perhaps longer?

I'd definitely take Reid now and have the chance to resign him... over taking Harvin for one year and not having a chance to resign him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:

If he costs anything more than a 5th, it's too much for a 1 year rental.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
StRawz11

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the Ravens could just draft Tavon Austin. Cheaper and I think he'll be pretty damn good

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't rent him for a season or trade for him unless he stays with the team for multiple years. Expensive and unlikely, but the thought is intriguing.
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
Or the Ravens could just draft Tavon Austin. Cheaper and I think he'll be pretty damn good

Totally agree. I think Tavon is a fairly similar type of player and he'd be a lot cheaper. Plus he's from Baltimore. What more could you ask for?
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:

Would love to get him, I too think he's going to be good. I'd love to see us start to utilize the slot receiver.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: