Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Best After Christmas Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoj398

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: The Best After Christmas Mock Reply with quote

Cuts -
Wayne Hunter - 3.95 Million Due
Quinten Mikell - 6 Million Due

Resign -
Danny Amendola - 4 years 16 million - We know what he brings, his chemistry with Bradford is ridiculous. He has missed 22 games in the last 2 seasons, teams will throw money at him but nothing to pry him away from us.
Steven Jackson - 2 years - 10 million - Sjax is the heart of this team. he's stated that he wants to finish his career here and i believe he will take a pay cut to return to the origination hes carried for 9 years.

Free Agents -
Jairus Byrd - 5 years 30 million - Our biggest weakness on defense is safety. Jarius can step up and make a tackle or step back and make a play on the ball.

Draft -
1st - Chance Warmack - LG - Rob Turner, Shelly Smith, Quinn Ojinnaka were our starting LG's this season, we replace the revolving door with Warmack. He will start from day one and bolster our o-line for years to come.

We trade our second 1st rounder to Minnesota for their 1st, 4th and 5th round pick.
1st - Terrance Williams - WR -
Sam Bradford needs help on the outside, with Amendola, Givens were our most consistent receivers this season, our receivers canít create separation. With Terrance Williams we get a guy that can attack the ball in the air.

2nd - Tony Jefferson - S - We need help in our secondary, Tony Jefferson is nothing short of a play maker, he can come up and make tackles or play coverage with the best of them. Another plus to this pick is Craig Dahl is gone.

3rd - Sean Porter - LB - McIntosh and Haggans arenít the answer at OLB, before switching the the 4-3 OLB position Porter was good coming off the edge to blitz. He has the speed to play side line to side line and can also play coverage.

4th - Ryan Swope - WR - Swope can be a huge target for Bradford, His quickness in break is above average. He can attack the ball in the air; He can make plays after the catch with the best of them.

4th - Travis Fredrick Ė G,C - Fredrick is a monster when run blocking, he has the ability to be a starter from day one. Heís also a stone wall against the bull rush.

5th - Cameron Meredith - DE - Meredith is very good in run defense, with Brockers, Quinn, Long and Jeff Fisher being around him he can become a very good rotational player in this defense.

5th - Tyrann Mathieu - CB - We all know what he can do when heís on the field, if heís around the ball thereís a chance it becomes a spectacular play. He has his off the field issues, but I think fisher can fix those little things to make a great player for years to come.

6th - Ryan Hewitt - FB - Heís a great lead blocker and can catch the ball out of the back field, he can open up holes for Sjax, Richardson, and Pead.

7th - Brandon Ford - TE - Brandon is a big redzone target at 6í3 he gets open when his on the field, but has problems with drops, if he can work on that he can become a big factor for this offense for years to come.
I <3 Faulk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it.

Nobody can stretch a page into oblivion like I can
Hoj398

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 Faulk wrote:
I like it.

thanks i personally believe that this puts us in the playoffs
Brodie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it except Swope. Not a fan of taking two WRs in this draft. We took Quick and Givens last year no need for two more. Can get much better value at another position in the 4th

Adopt-A-Ram

Alec Ogeltree 109 combinded tackles, 1.5 sacks, 6 FF, 10 stuffs, 9 PD, 1 Int 1td.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do love the Byrd signing, he would immediately improve our secondary.

I'm personally not a fan of T. Williams in the first or another WR in the 4th. That would make 6 WR's taken in the last 3 drafts, all in the top 4 drafts. Who exactly would we be cutting to make room for Swope? Seems like a wasted pick. I'd love to get Porter in the 3rd, but, I believe as the draft gets closer, he is firmly entrenched in 2nd round.

And, of course I like the obligitory pick of Mathieu, however, I'm sure he's gone in the 4th.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Hoj398

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

I'm personally not a fan of T. Williams in the first or another WR in the 4th. That would make 6 WR's taken in the last 3 drafts, all in the top 4 drafts. Who exactly would we be cutting to make room for Swope? Seems like a wasted pick. I'd love to get Porter in the 3rd, but, I believe as the draft gets closer, he is firmly entrenched in 2nd round.

And, of course I like the obligitory pick of Mathieu, however, I'm sure he's gone in the 4th.

Either Gibson or Pettis will be gone. Swope has the ability to be a Jordy Nelson type player. Take a look at every great offense in the league and tell me how many play makers are on that team.

ATL
NE
GB
NO
DAL
DEN
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

Either Gibson or Pettis will be gone. Swope has the ability to be a Jordy Nelson type player. Take a look at every great offense in the league and tell me how many play makers are on that team.

ATL
NE
GB
NO
DAL
DEN

Not sure where your going with this. We do not need to take another young WR in this draft. Thats my opinion, regardless of what this poll deduces. Now if you want to eliminate a WR in the 1st, I'm very pleased with Wheaton in the 3rd/4th, or Austin in 2nd.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Hoj398

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

ATL
NE
GB
NO
DAL
DEN

Not sure where your going with this. We do not need to take another young WR in this draft. Thats my opinion, regardless of what this poll deduces. Now if you want to eliminate a WR in the 1st, I'm very pleased with Wheaton in the 3rd/4th, or Austin in 2nd.

What I'm getting at is, for Bradford to become the elite QB that we know he can be, we need to surround him with weapons.

Gibson - most inconsistent receiver on our team.
Amendola - Chemistry with Bradford is off the charts, but than again hes missed 22 games in the past 2 seasons.
Givens - Surprised me and i love it, hes the player Donnie Avery was supposed to be.
Quick - Drafted him knowing hes raw. He can be the next "T.O" or the next Roy Williams.
Pettis - There's weeks where he looks great and than there's weeks where he cant do anything on the field.
Kendricks - i mean handbricks. hes becoming more consistent like he was in his first preseason. which is a great thing. lets hope he can keep it up.

So what receiver do we have that can go out there and take over a game when we need him to?
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

ATL
NE
GB
NO
DAL
DEN

Disagree. We do need to take a young WR in this draft and Austin isn't near the top of that list.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Memphis Ram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be shocked if Jarius Byrd doesn't either get re-signed or a franchise tag.

Not a fan of mocks that have to make up trades other teams probably wouldn't do to acquire extra picks.
Hoj398

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memphis Ram wrote:

Not a fan of mocks that have to make up trades other teams probably wouldn't do to acquire extra picks.

How is it a trade that the vikings wouldn't make? can you name me one person besides AP and Kyle Rudolph, Percy Harvin on that offense that is anywhere near average?
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Memphis Ram wrote:

How is it a trade that the vikings wouldn't make? can you name me one person besides AP and Kyle Rudolph, Percy Harvin on that offense that is anywhere near average?

They're moving up 1 spot. Laughing

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Hoj398

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
Memphis Ram wrote:

moving up one spot to fix their WR,CB,S or DT position isnt a smart idea?
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
Memphis Ram wrote:

moving up one spot to fix their WR,CB,S or DT position isnt a smart idea?

No. Not when they are only 1 pick after us. They can easily get one of those positions right after us. You think they would really give up a 4th & 5th to move up one spot in the first?
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoj398 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
Hoj398 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

ATL
NE
GB
NO
DAL
DEN

What I'm getting at is, for Bradford to become the elite QB that we know he can be, we need to surround him with weapons.

Gibson - most inconsistent receiver on our team.
Amendola - Chemistry with Bradford is off the charts, but than again hes missed 22 games in the past 2 seasons.
Givens - Surprised me and i love it, hes the player Donnie Avery was supposed to be.
Quick - Drafted him knowing hes raw. He can be the next "T.O" or the next Roy Williams.
Pettis - There's weeks where he looks great and than there's weeks where he cant do anything on the field.
Kendricks - i mean handbricks. hes becoming more consistent like he was in his first preseason. which is a great thing. lets hope he can keep it up.

So what receiver do we have that can go out there and take over a game when we need him to?

Ok, so what receiver in this draft is going to do that, without question? I'd say Quick has just as much chance to be an impact WR next year then most of the top rated WR's in this draft. Just do not like the upper end WR's this year much myself. There is no one even close to be a sure thing this year
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: