Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Offseason Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MoJo122-b-21


Joined: 01 Dec 2009
Posts: 6424
Location: Not London!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
I guess Uche Nwaneri had knee surgery yesterday.


I didn't know he needed it. Hopefully the surgery is the end of the injury big infecting the offensive line.
_________________
GopherWrestler knows his way around a sig...

"We're not trying to win the AFC South, we're trying to own the AFC South."
- Gus Bradley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20238
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people, me included, though Marinelli to Dallas might be a slam dunk. But I'm hearing that's not the case...

Marinelli worked with Gus Bradley in the past and is being considered for his staff in Jacksonville as well. He lives in Florida


- Jason La Canfora
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15517
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/18/khan-warns-jaguars-fans-to-not-be-delusional/

Definitely talking about some posters on here... Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 43127
Location: Drinking in a closet until the draft
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/18/khan-warns-jaguars-fans-to-not-be-delusional/

Definitely talking about some posters on here... Laughing
That's some shoddy journalism there.

He was talking about why he needed to make a change, not about expectations or anything.
_________________

The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
#JagsOnly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagman777


Joined: 30 May 2006
Posts: 6556
Location: 904
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think anyone expects a significant leap from last year. It's gonna take some time.
_________________
[quote="StevePerry"] Trust Steve. A belt buckle of that quality will change your life.[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20238
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Mel Tucker is heading to Chicago
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21773
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Sounds like Mel Tucker is heading to Chicago


What is his play calling and coaching like?
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 7449
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems the Lions just hired John Conamego as ST coordinator, the Jag's ST coordinator from last year. What were your impressions of him? It's been so long since we've been competent on special teams I can't really feel optimistic.

Link: http://www.freep.com/article/20130118/SPORTS01/130118070/detroit-lions-john-bonamego
_________________
George Carlin wrote:
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.


Team Stylish

Thanks to IDOG for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 20238
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Sounds like Mel Tucker is heading to Chicago


What is his play calling and coaching like?


It typically varies depending on what his players are like and what the HC philosophy is. Extremely versatile coach that players love to play for.

Nnivolcm wrote:
Seems the Lions just hired John Conamego as ST coordinator, the Jag's ST coordinator from last year. What were your impressions of him? It's been so long since we've been competent on special teams I can't really feel optimistic.

Link: http://www.freep.com/article/20130118/SPORTS01/130118070/detroit-lions-john-bonamego


If last year was any indication, you shouldn't feel optimistic. Maybe not completely his fault (since there were a few issues in 2011), but special teams coverage (and our own returns, really) in 2012 was absolutely awful. That is on kick AND punt returns.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 2804
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Sounds like Mel Tucker is heading to Chicago


What is his play calling and coaching like?


Kinda 'Old School' in a lot of ways. A real motivator and players coach type. No-nonsense approach to defense. Not much of a tactician or the 'chess master' type at all. Content to just line it up and let the talent shine through for the most part. So probably not all that dramatically different from the Bears D this year.

I'm kinda stumped by the Bears hires this year tbh, but i guess we'll see how it pans out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21773
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Sounds like Mel Tucker is heading to Chicago


What is his play calling and coaching like?


Kinda 'Old School' in a lot of ways. A real motivator and players coach type. No-nonsense approach to defense. Not much of a tactician or the 'chess master' type at all. Content to just line it up and let the talent shine through for the most part. So probably not all that dramatically different from the Bears D this year.

I'm kinda stumped by the Bears hires this year tbh, but i guess we'll see how it pans out.


Thanks for the info…as a fan base we are real happy with the hires…Trestman’s offences have always been productive no matter where he has been…he will sort out Cutler…Kromer has been brought in to finally fix our Oline…and Tucker won’t mess with our D and we retained much of the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball so we should continue to be good there…

Another question for you guys…did you ever try LB Daryl Smith at MLB instead of on the outside?...if so why didn’t it work? If not do you think he could play the MLB spot?
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad meets Evil


Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Posts: 1637
Location: Duval
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Sounds like Mel Tucker is heading to Chicago


What is his play calling and coaching like?


Kinda 'Old School' in a lot of ways. A real motivator and players coach type. No-nonsense approach to defense. Not much of a tactician or the 'chess master' type at all. Content to just line it up and let the talent shine through for the most part. So probably not all that dramatically different from the Bears D this year.

I'm kinda stumped by the Bears hires this year tbh, but i guess we'll see how it pans out.


Thanks for the info…as a fan base we are real happy with the hires…Trestman’s offences have always been productive no matter where he has been…he will sort out Cutler…Kromer has been brought in to finally fix our Oline…and Tucker won’t mess with our D and we retained much of the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball so we should continue to be good there…

Another question for you guys…did you ever try LB Daryl Smith at MLB instead of on the outside?...if so why didn’t it work? If not do you think he could play the MLB spot?


He's good enough to play anywhere but, he is best suited for SLB. IIRC he did play MLB a few years back.

Congrats on the Mel hire. I think he will be good in Chicago.
_________________

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Adopt a Jag
Johnathan Cyprien - 41 tackles, 3 FF, 1 sack
Mike Brown - 5 receptions, 63 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 21773
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad meets Evil wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
Sounds like Mel Tucker is heading to Chicago


What is his play calling and coaching like?


Kinda 'Old School' in a lot of ways. A real motivator and players coach type. No-nonsense approach to defense. Not much of a tactician or the 'chess master' type at all. Content to just line it up and let the talent shine through for the most part. So probably not all that dramatically different from the Bears D this year.

I'm kinda stumped by the Bears hires this year tbh, but i guess we'll see how it pans out.


Thanks for the info…as a fan base we are real happy with the hires…Trestman’s offences have always been productive no matter where he has been…he will sort out Cutler…Kromer has been brought in to finally fix our Oline…and Tucker won’t mess with our D and we retained much of the coaching staff on the defensive side of the ball so we should continue to be good there…

Another question for you guys…did you ever try LB Daryl Smith at MLB instead of on the outside?...if so why didn’t it work? If not do you think he could play the MLB spot?


He's good enough to play anywhere but, he is best suited for SLB. IIRC he did play MLB a few years back.

Congrats on the Mel hire. I think he will be good in Chicago.


Thanks...don't take this the wrong way but most of us think with the increased talent of our D over yours he could be a very good hire combined with the position coaches we have retained…he is clearly highly regarded considering the jobs he has interviewed for in the past few years.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bad meets Evil


Joined: 23 Sep 2011
Posts: 1637
Location: Duval
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I think he will have success. Players love playing for him.
_________________

Credit to IPwn for da sig
Adopt a Jag
Johnathan Cyprien - 41 tackles, 3 FF, 1 sack
Mike Brown - 5 receptions, 63 yards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 80294
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Khan said isnt wrong, so there isnt an issue there imo
_________________


Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
BornToFly wrote:
Yes, I went to high school with Tony Romo


Did he do good on the homework and quizzes but choke on the tests?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 8 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group