Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First/Merry Christmas Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Constantine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: First/Merry Christmas Mock Reply with quote

Here is my first mock. A few things I think the Steelers resign Wallace, Foster, and Lewis. Medenhall is gone along with Todd Haley. Maybe John Mitchell lives up to his word and retires when Aaron Smith does.....

Round 1 Ezekiel Ansah DE/OLB BYU

Round 2 Eddie Lacy RB Alabama

Round 3 DJ Swearinger S South Carolina

Round 4 Andrew Jackson ILB WKU

Round 5 Ryan Swope WR TXAM (this is probably a pipe dream)

Round 6 Zac Dysert QB Miami of Ohio

Round 7 Braden Wilson Te/Hback/Fullback KSU
Dook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE Ansah is a defensive end, not really a productive pass rusher. He's had two years of no production, only 10 tackles in TWO seasons, then this year he gets 12 TFL's and just 4 sacks. We already have another 1st round guy, Heyward, stuck behind Keisel.

I like RB Lacy in the 2nd but I think RB is just not that high of a need for us even if we don't keep Mendenhall.

Like S Swearinger in the 3rd but I think it's a higher need than the 3rd round.

Like ILB Jackson in the 4th.

Okay with WR Swope in the 5th.

Think QB Dysert will go higher.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft not bad, I don't have an opinion on Ansah yet but from what I know he is more of 4-3 DE type.

I like Lacy, if we have a chance at him in the second I'd be fine with it. It's all about quality talent and despite needs at positions always take the best talent.

Expect Dysart to go much higher.

...you have a forum resume?
Constantine

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just think Anash could be the next Pierre-Paul/J.J Watt. Super Freak athlete that is raw. My biggest concern would be Mitchell coaching the D-line
Mason Storm

Location: Hmm fire Tomlin of course y didnt i think of that oh yea because thats stupid.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haley isn't going any where

^ TommyC376 sig n avy^
"You know your a parent when you pay $120 for your kid to watch something live thats on tv for free"
Dook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constantine wrote:
I just think Anash could be the next Pierre-Paul/J.J Watt. Super Freak athlete that is raw. My biggest concern would be Mitchell coaching the D-line

Ezekiel Ansah could be the next Piere Paul/JJ Watt? Or he could be the next Jason Worilds.

Don't just fall in love with his measurables. He did absolutely nothing for two years then in year three he plays okay, 4 sacks is worth a late round pick. It sends out a warning that he is a slow learner.

Now I'm not saying I wouldn't draft him but I definately don't think he's a high 1st rounder.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd draft Kyle Van Noy over Ezekiel Ansah.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

everyone is looking for the next Jason Pierre Paul. They see a tall, long, lean guy who hasn't played football for very long, with good measurables, and all of a sudden, he's the next JPP.

It caused New England to trade up and reach for Chandler Jones last year, despite minimal production in college.

Ansah is an athlete. Gotta look at his hands, his flexibility, his explosiveness off the line. Pass moves can be taught to an athlete. Heavy hands, explosiveness, and basic handfighting are more important. I have to watch Ansah (and Dion Jordan and Magnus Hunt) a lot more often to see what I really think of them because they are so raw and 'new' to the game
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
everyone is looking for the next Jason Pierre Paul. They see a tall, long, lean guy who hasn't played football for very long, with good measurables, and all of a sudden, he's the next JPP.

It caused New England to trade up and reach for Chandler Jones last year, despite minimal production in college.

Ansah is an athlete. Gotta look at his hands, his flexibility, his explosiveness off the line. Pass moves can be taught to an athlete. Heavy hands, explosiveness, and basic handfighting are more important. I have to watch Ansah (and Dion Jordan and Magnus Hunt) a lot more often to see what I really think of them because they are so raw and 'new' to the game

Margus Hunt is the real deal and if not for Hood and Heyward he'd be another "H" last named player I'd like the Steelers to draft along the DL.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
kethnaab wrote:

Margus Hunt is the real deal and if not for Hood and Heyward he'd be another "H" last named player I'd like the Steelers to draft along the DL.

Agreed, Hunt will be another Derek Wolf like pick this year. He reminds me Brett Kiesel when he was draft by the Steelers. He is somewhat long and lean but has the frame to add some lbs.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

Reach for Chandler Jones? He has been pretty good from what Ive heard. 6.0 sacks from a rookie DE isnt that bad. Not every rookie is a Von Miller/Aldon Smith type guy coming out.

In fact, hes 2nd among all rookies in sacks. How do you call that a reach? JPP had 4.5 sacks his rookie year. Jones started day one and started strong before getting hurt. He even won a defensive rookie of the month.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: