Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mock Dook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject: Mock Dook Reply with quote

I think we release OLB Harrison, DE Keisel, OG Colon after June 1st, don't sign WR Wallace, but we do sign RB Mendenhall long term, and both ILB Foote and LT Starks get 1 yr contracts.

Trade Down Mock

1st Trade our #14 to SF for their #29, #72, and #91

1st S Phillip Thomas, 6' 1", 215 lbs, 4.57, 55 tckls, 3 sacks, 4 PBU's, 8 int.

2nd OLB/ILB Jamie Collins, 6' 3", 240 lbs, 4.65, 92 tckls, 20 TFL, 10 sacks, 8 PBU, 1 int, 4 FF, 5 PBU

3rd DE Trevardo Williams, 6' 2", 233 lbs, 4.52, 42 tckls, 13.5 TFL, 11.5 sacks, 1 FF, small school

3rd DT Brandon Williams, 6' 3", 325 lbs, 5.05, 50 tckl, 17 TFL, 9 sack, very small school

3rd OG Lane Taylor, 6' 3", 328 lbs, Oklahoma St, not very mobile but stout

4th WR Rodney Smith, 6' 5", 220 lbs, 4.63, 35 rec, 13.8 YPC, 3 TD

5th WR Chris Harper, 6' 1", 234 lbs, 4.44, 40 rec, 13.7 YPC, 5 TD

6th comp. QB Adam Kennedy, 6' 5", 219 lbs, only 76 att., 69.1% comp, 11 TD, 4 int.

6th OT/OG Emmett Cleary, 6' 7", 313 lbs, Boston College, can play right and left tackle

7th S John Boyett, 5' 10", 205 lbs, 4.60, surgery on both knees, 108 tckls, 6 PBU's, 1 int, in '11

S Thomas replaces Mundy on the roster and plays when Polamalu or Clark are injured.

OLB/ILB Collins can play both positions. He would compete for the starting ROLB position vacated by releasing James Harrison but most likely end up learning ILB and competing with Spence for the starting job in 2014.

DE Williams would compete and probably win the starting ROLB position. He is a bit undersized but so is James Harrison.

NT Williams would compete with Ta'amu or McLendon for the starting NT position.

OG Taylor would compete with Foster for the starting LG position.

WR Smith would compete for the 4th WR spot.

WR Harper would compete for the 4th WR spot, might be a 5th WR.

QB Kennedy would be our #3 QB. He did not get much play time in college so he would have a lot to learn.

OT/OG Cleary would be a backup OT.

S Boyett probably would be camp competition.
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phillip Thomas is not that good.
To be honest it looks like you started with the 3rd or 4th round with your draft. Is this a Day 3 Mock?

Oh and why is San Fran trading up to #14?

...you have a forum resume?
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers not getting enough value back to trade down that far in round 1.
Dook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S Phillip Thomas is not that good? Then where exactly is his value? Mid to high 2nd round? How many players get drafted exactly where they are valued each draft, probably about 10%. You almost always take a player later than their value or earlier than their value.

Why is SF trading up? Maybe to get DE Bjoern Werner or WR Robert Woods or maybe to draft a long snapper who they think is really, really, good.

My draft started in the 3rd or 4th round? Got a starting Safety and two pass rushers instead of one.

The draft value chart shows a #14 pick to be worth 1,100. SF's #29 is worth 640, #72 is worth 230, and #91 is worth 136 for a total of 1,006.

Beggar's can't be choosers, if SF calls and wants the trade up then we can get a lot more but if we call them and want to move down then we have to take what we can get.

And change the pick in the 6th from QB Adam Kennedy to QB Brad Sorensen.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
Why is SF trading up? Maybe to get DE Bjoern Werner or WR Robert Woods or maybe to draft a long snapper who they think is really, really, good.

if either Woods or Werner are available and we trade back, Colbert needs to be beaten.
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Phillip Thomas in the first i think he is a mid 3 round pick.

Jamie Collins is a third round pick but he has some real nice tools to work with.

Trevardo Williams he will need some weight about 20lbs and hope he wont lose speed.

Brandon Williams is a real nice player won a lot of awards

Lane Taylor he needs a lot of work on moveing his feet but he gets on you he can hold his own

I like Chris Harper has some tools to work with

the QB does not have enough tape on But i have heard he has a good live arm

I like the LT out of kent better Brian Winter has quick feet with a nice first punch.

John Boyett looks good when healthy

keep trying you have some nice picks in there.
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
Dook wrote:

if either Woods or Werner are available and we trade back, Colbert needs to be beaten.
woods will be a second round pick IMO
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawn l brown wrote:
I don't like Phillip Thomas in the first i think he is a mid 3 round pick.

Jamie Collins is a third round pick but he has some real nice tools to work with.

Trevardo Williams he will need some weight about 20lbs and hope he wont lose speed.

Brandon Williams is a real nice player won a lot of awards

Lane Taylor he needs a lot of work on moveing his feet but he gets on you he can hold his own

I like Chris Harper has some tools to work with

the QB does not have enough tape on But i have heard he has a good live arm

I like the LT out of kent better Brian Winter has quick feet with a nice first punch.

John Boyett looks good when healthy

keep trying you have some nice picks in there.

Pretty much what I think. Same with Woods, who I think would be best served to stay in school.

...you have a forum resume?
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like the idea about trading that pick.

I would trade with the Rams i want the 22 pick not the 17th.

The reason they need Chance Warmack and with 2 first they
will spend a little to much money.

the trade would look like this are 1 number 14 for there 22 pick
there 2 round pick and there fourth round pick.

here is what we will draft.

1 RD Kenny Vaccaro S

2 rd Eric Reed S

2 rd Chase Thomas Olb

3 rd Shayne Skov Ilb

4 rd Brandon Williams NT

4 rd Trent Murphy DE/Olb

5 rd Marcus Davis WR

6 rd Christine Micheal RB

7 rd Robert Alford CB

That to me would look real nice but we won't make that trade.
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellllllllllllllllll no to first ound safety!

Not even two safeties in this draft!

If we do that, I'll take a break with the relationship between me and the steelers lol
Gatoradus

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellllllllllllllllll no to first ound safety!

Not even two safeties in this draft!

If we do that, I'll take a break with the relationship between me and the steelers lol
Dook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I don't get, you don't like the guy who pulled in 8 interceptions this season and prefer the guy who only caught 2? Phillip Thomas had more sacks than Vaccaro had PBU's.

I like the S Eric Reid pick in the top of the 2nd and like the idea of drafting two at a position of need but I do think that getting a pass rusher is more important than two safeties. Any safety we draft is not going to play until Troy is hurt, now I know that has been a lot lately but if he is healthy for a full year that means the top two picks are sitting on the bench.

James Harrison is very likely to be cut so if we use a high pick on a pass rusher, or two top picks, one of them is going to start.

I really like the rest of your draft, love Trent Murphy, but don't you think we need a QB somewhere down there?
shawn l brown

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
Here's what I don't get, you don't like the guy who pulled in 8 interceptions this season and prefer the guy who only caught 2? Phillip Thomas had more sacks than Vaccaro had PBU's.

I like the S Eric Reid pick in the top of the 2nd and like the idea of drafting two at a position of need but I do think that getting a pass rusher is more important than two safeties. Any safety we draft is not going to play until Troy is hurt, now I know that has been a lot lately but if he is healthy for a full year that means the top two picks are sitting on the bench.

James Harrison is very likely to be cut so if we use a high pick on a pass rusher, or two top picks, one of them is going to start.

I really like the rest of your draft, love Trent Murphy, but don't you think we need a QB somewhere down there?
For years now i heard that Clark lets plays and make bad judgement calls on some plays.With troy always hurt bringing in 2 safeties would solve that.
You say we need pass rush,I gave you 3 guys that can do just that.Plus those 3 came from a 34 defense of front.
If we lose Wallace I gave us a big wr that can get open and get yac 6 foot 4 232 and runs 4.45 hard to tackle in the open field.
for you that don't know Robert Alford he is a cover man that can play zone or bump one of the best kept sleepers in this draft always on his man.
Dook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DE/OLB Trent Murphy, 6' 5", 261 lbs, 10 sacks, 18 TFL, 4 PBU, 1 int., those are all very good numbers but only 19 tackles?

How can a DE/OLB play 13 games and only record 19 tackles?
kysteeler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dook wrote:
DE/OLB Trent Murphy, 6' 5", 261 lbs, 10 sacks, 18 TFL, 4 PBU, 1 int., those are all very good numbers but only 19 tackles?

How can a DE/OLB play 13 games and only record 19 tackles?

19 tackles? He had 55 total tackles this season

http://www.cfbstats.com/2012/player/674/1026169/tackle/split.html

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: