Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmac505

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Alright this is in regards to a mock I'm doing. I've had a few people show interest in the third overall pick. Is moving down into the late teens for their first, second, and 2014 second good enough value to consider moving down? Or would it not be worth t to drop down that far to gain a second?

tough call.
obviously i think its worth more, but if thats the most value we can get then id probably make it.
maybe try to get another 2014 pick as well.

im not sold on to many players in this draft and id be looking to gather picks i think

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Alright this is in regards to a mock I'm doing. I've had a few people show interest in the third overall pick. Is moving down into the late teens for their first, second, and 2014 second good enough value to consider moving down? Or would it not be worth t to drop down that far to gain a second?

If you manage to pick a good player there then its a slam dunk, you just risk the chance of losing out on that

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

If you manage to pick a good player there then its a slam dunk, you just risk the chance of losing out on that

yea it would suck to trade down with a guy like star available, and then watch him tear it up for 10 years.
hopefully RM is doing his homework

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

If we could acquire a pick in the late teens, a second, and a 2014 second for our pick I'd be happy. You might want to ask him to throw in a fifth rounder this year as well.

Yeah I was thinking about asking for another pick to make it a little sweeter. I've added Malcolm Jenkins, Osi, Sedric Ellis, and Beason to the defense but haven't been able to add much on offense. So the extra picks to fill another couple of spots would be nice, but adding a potentially elite blue chip prospect could go a long way as well.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Margus Hunt is a beast. Depending on what scheme we go with I wouldnt be surprised to see us take a look at him. Wouldnt it be nice to get a NT and Hunt in the 1st round if we were able to trade down. Shocked

If we take Hunt in the first two rounds im going to have serious doubts about the ability of Reggie and company to build a contender.

I am willing to go out on limb(because really we are on the internet anyways) and say that he will be a 1st round pick or very early 2nd round pick. He is going to be one of those players oozing with potential that shoots up draft boards.

He really played well all season and helped SMU to have the 2nd most points of turnovers in the league. Obviously he needs refinement but as you said he blew up Fresno St who had only given up 22 sacks on the season. In the first half alone he had 3 tackles for a loss, 2 sacks, 2 FF, and 1 Saftey. Not to mention countless pressure's that allowed others to get to the QB. He played sparingly in the 2nd half because it was a blowout by then but seemed to make plays all game. He also seemed to be able to recognize screens in the second half that he didnt in the first half and stopped those plays from happening. Great initial snap of the ball. With proper training he could do even more damage. I dont know who the Tackle was or how much he has played but they started triple teaming him and he was still getting in the backfield.

We should be able to see more at the Senior Bowl. If we did go to a 3-4 this is a guy I would want on the end.
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:

google nfl draft value chart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

NFL draft value chart only goes as far as the interest in trading up. When everyone is trying to trade down, so does the value.

Oakland Raider Big Board - Khalil Mack, Jadevone Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Teddy Bridgewater, Aaron Donald
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
macklemore wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

NFL draft value chart only goes as far as the interest in trading up. When everyone is trying to trade down, so does the value.

why do you think this way?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:
macklemore wrote:
LivingLegendWFC wrote:

why do you think this way?

Because its how it is, and the prospects in the draft play a large role. If I had a similar grade on my five through ten as the guys in the top five gaining extra picks is a wise move even if you don't get perfect value.

Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I don't like: Star Lotulelei

wat

GaTechRavens wrote:
PREDICTED RECORD: 2-14...a total clown show. It's okay, as Oakland's rebuilding period will soon be water under the bridge.
Cool
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I hope we don't take a quarterback this year and take Teddy Bridgewater next year. He's going to be a star.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Man, I hope we don't take a quarterback this year and take Teddy Bridgewater next year. He's going to be a star.

I really don't think we will. Whatever QB separates himself as the top QB in this class will be reached on by the Chiefs at #1. If we have a shot a Teddy, a mid round QB this year wouldn't dissuade the FO from taking him.
macklemore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll admit I don't watch texas at all, but I have been watching the Alamo Bowl and Alex Okafor is a beast and looks like he will be a very good pro.

Edit - finished with 4.5 sacks should have been 5.5

I can't wait for the combine, I think the combine is most important time for pass-rushers and that department is stacked this year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
I'll admit I don't watch texas at all, but I have been watching the Alamo Bowl and Alex Okafor is a beast and looks like he will be a very good pro.

Edit - finished with 4.5 sacks should have been 5.5

I can't wait for the combine, I think the combine is most important time for pass-rushers and that department is stacked this year.

Love Okafor. Benn high on him. His value will rise after that performance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Okafor looks like a more explosive athlete than Moore and Werner which should really help his draft stock after the combien and predraft workouts.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: