Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im curious, where is Glennon projected to go as of right now?

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Im curious, where is Glennon projected to go as of right now?

Anywhere in the first round, I'd expect him to solidify his spot in the top-10 after the senior bowl tho.

Mel Kiper had this to say

Quote:
"It's still pretty wide open to see who the first quarterback taken will be," Kiper said in a Tuesday teleconference. "If I had to guess right now, I would say Mike Glennon. ... He has a very good chance to emerge as a top-15 pick in the first round and certainly be the first quarterback off the board."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/mel-kiper-mike-glennon-could-be-top-qb-in-draft/article/2515692

I wouldn't put a lot of stock into Mel Kiper, but as the draft gets closer more people will talk about him.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000087375/article/nc-state-quarterback-mike-glennon-set-to-climb-draft-boards

^ Bucky Brooks pimpin Glennon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if we took a flyer on Landry Jones in the 3rd or 4th. Thought?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

If Carson is cut, this is an absolute must IMO. Either him or Dysert. Let them sit half the year if not the full year and see how it all goes.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LLWFC got me thinking in the other thread. So I decided to go big with it. Personally, here's how I'm looking at the draft. Mock or IRL. I'll break it down a couple ways:

By Need:
Well, we are really lacking in a lot of places. The biggest needs imo are DL (esp a Pass rusher), OL, MLB and DB. QB and WR are even possibilities but we're better off looking at the trenches imo (or rush LB's but that's almost the same anyway).

I assume we will re-sign Wheeler and will keep Huff and Branch. So that makes taking a LB or S foolish in the first. Even a rush LB too imo in the event that we bring Wheeler back.

By Value:
Best value would be trading down obviously. Preferably with STL and landing their 2 first rounders. If not, I'd try to go some where between 5 and 10 and pick up at least a 3rd, hopefully a second.

At 3: (best value)
Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones

In other ranges:
5-10: Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, Dee Milliner (assuming DL is gone), Taylor Lewan
10-15: Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore (doubt they last this long though), Dee Milliner, Taylor Lewan, Dion Jordan, Sheldon Richardson
15-20: Dee Milliner, Jake Matthews, Dion Jordan, Manti Te'o (this is where I'd pick him if were going to), Chance Warmack (just think he's that good)

By Prospects:

I really like: Bjoern Werner, Dee Milliner, Luke Joeckel, Jarvis Jones, Chance Warmack
I like: Dion Jordan, Jake Matthews, Damontre Moore, Taylor Lewan, Matt Barkley
I don't like: Star Lotulelei, Geno Smith, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery

By Fit (on our team):

I mentioned what I thought of our needs so that takes out some players right off the bat. Cross off LB's, WR's and QB's.

Bjoern Werner:
Good pass rusher, would need to get better vs the run. But we do really need pass rush help. Shaggy is on his way out and it's becoming more apparent by the game. Not enough pass rush out of him and not even good vs the run any more. We'll have a hole to fill there. Plus Andre Carter should help a little bit.

Damontre Moore:
Same as Werner, only more versatile. Better vs the run. Slower first step.

Chance Warmack:
Plug and play kind of guy, we could really use one of those with our OL. This pick alone would help Veldheer and Wisnewski. Obviously we'd have to trade down to justify picking him.

Sheldon Richardson:
I'd rather take a pass rushing DE than a penetrating DT but the dude's damn good. Another trade down guy.

Jake Matthews:
RT has been an issue as long as I can remember since Lincoln Kennedy retired. Matthews is another guy I think we could practically plug and play. Would need to trade down to justify picking him too, obviously

Special cases: (not great fits but I would consider)

Luke Joeckel:
Best LT prospect. But the idea of selecting him and all other LTs depend on how we feel about Veldheer. If we feel like he can't get it done on the left then we should consider moving him to RT. I'd prefer not to, but Joeckel is the guy I'd consider it for. Probably not the best fit though. Lewan isn't in the same boat, just not as good.

Dion Jordan:
Could play 4-3 LB, 3-4 or DE. I like his versatility but it depends on what scheme we run. And I'm assuming we're staying 4-3 for the most part and getting back Wheeler. So in the scenario in my mind, this is not a great fit. Similar with Jarvis Jones except he has his injury concerns.

Dee Milliner:
Really like him as a CB prospect, but we really should be addressing other areas over CB. Wouldn't be that mad if we took him anyway on a trade down.

So I suppose I'd try like hell to trade down. At 3, its tough but I think I would be alright with reach on Moore or Werner.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
dmac505

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who would get the lower pick between us and the eagles if we finish the same?

I know trading down is tough to do, but i think if we end up one pick before the eagles, we can trade down with Arizona maybe.

If the draft order is;
3- Oak
4- Philly
9ish - Arizona

it could be ideal for the raiders.

There isnt really that great QB prospect, but one will emerge as the top tier QB in the draft.
Arizona will know Phil wants a QB and we will be in the perfect trade senerio.

Id then sit back, and wait and see who is still on the board.
Jones, Moore, werner, richardson and the Guard, forget his name but i hear he's a stud.

I think this is a realistic scenario too because Arizona needs a QB bad, and I have a feeling after Leinart they may be hesitant on taking barkley.

Man id be a happy raider fan if this happened.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

If Carson is cut, this is an absolute must IMO. Either him or Dysert. Let them sit half the year if not the full year and see how it all goes.

No need to bring in another young project quarterback in the middle rounds. If we're going to invest in a quarterback of the future we should do it early in the 2014 draft.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
LLWFC got me thinking in the other thread. So I decided to go big with it. Personally, here's how I'm looking at the draft. Mock or IRL. I'll break it down a couple ways:

By Need:
Well, we are really lacking in a lot of places. The biggest needs imo are DL (esp a Pass rusher), OL, MLB and DB. QB and WR are even possibilities but we're better off looking at the trenches imo (or rush LB's but that's almost the same anyway).

I assume we will re-sign Wheeler and will keep Huff and Branch. So that makes taking a LB or S foolish in the first. Even a rush LB too imo in the event that we bring Wheeler back.

By Value:
Best value would be trading down obviously. Preferably with STL and landing their 2 first rounders. If not, I'd try to go some where between 5 and 10 and pick up at least a 3rd, hopefully a second.

At 3: (best value)
Luke Joeckel, Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones

In other ranges:
5-10: Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore, Dee Milliner (assuming DL is gone), Taylor Lewan
10-15: Bjoern Werner, Damontre Moore (doubt they last this long though), Dee Milliner, Taylor Lewan, Dion Jordan, Sheldon Richardson
15-20: Dee Milliner, Jake Matthews, Dion Jordan, Manti Te'o (this is where I'd pick him if were going to), Chance Warmack (just think he's that good)

By Prospects:

I really like: Bjoern Werner, Dee Milliner, Luke Joeckel, Jarvis Jones, Chance Warmack
I like: Dion Jordan, Jake Matthews, Damontre Moore, Taylor Lewan, Matt Barkley
I don't like: Star Lotulelei, Geno Smith, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery

By Fit (on our team):

I mentioned what I thought of our needs so that takes out some players right off the bat. Cross off LB's, WR's and QB's.

Bjoern Werner:
Good pass rusher, would need to get better vs the run. But we do really need pass rush help. Shaggy is on his way out and it's becoming more apparent by the game. Not enough pass rush out of him and not even good vs the run any more. We'll have a hole to fill there. Plus Andre Carter should help a little bit.

Damontre Moore:
Same as Werner, only more versatile. Better vs the run. Slower first step.

Chance Warmack:
Plug and play kind of guy, we could really use one of those with our OL. This pick alone would help Veldheer and Wisnewski. Obviously we'd have to trade down to justify picking him.

Sheldon Richardson:
I'd rather take a pass rushing DE than a penetrating DT but the dude's damn good. Another trade down guy.

Jake Matthews:
RT has been an issue as long as I can remember since Lincoln Kennedy retired. Matthews is another guy I think we could practically plug and play. Would need to trade down to justify picking him too, obviously

Special cases: (not great fits but I would consider)

Luke Joeckel:
Best LT prospect. But the idea of selecting him and all other LTs depend on how we feel about Veldheer. If we feel like he can't get it done on the left then we should consider moving him to RT. I'd prefer not to, but Joeckel is the guy I'd consider it for. Probably not the best fit though. Lewan isn't in the same boat, just not as good.

Dion Jordan:
Could play 4-3 LB, 3-4 or DE. I like his versatility but it depends on what scheme we run. And I'm assuming we're staying 4-3 for the most part and getting back Wheeler. So in the scenario in my mind, this is not a great fit. Similar with Jarvis Jones except he has his injury concerns.

Dee Milliner:
Really like him as a CB prospect, but we really should be addressing other areas over CB. Wouldn't be that mad if we took him anyway on a trade down.

So I suppose I'd try like hell to trade down. At 3, its tough but I think I would be alright with reach on Moore or Werner.

+1 good right up. I agree with most id be nervous with Jones at 3 though. his injury scares me, and id be heart broken if he was always injured. Love his to potential, IMO most talented player in the draft.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Big Rob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trade down is our best bet...we need as many picks as we can get...unless RMC feels there is a difference maker at #3...i prefer we address the lines or pass rusher...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margus Hunt is a beast. Depending on what scheme we go with I wouldnt be surprised to see us take a look at him. Wouldnt it be nice to get a NT and Hunt in the 1st round if we were able to trade down. Shocked
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this is in regards to a mock I'm doing. I've had a few people show interest in the third overall pick. Is moving down into the late teens for their first, second, and 2014 second good enough value to consider moving down? Or would it not be worth t to drop down that far to gain a second?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Margus Hunt is a beast. Depending on what scheme we go with I wouldnt be surprised to see us take a look at him. Wouldnt it be nice to get a NT and Hunt in the 1st round if we were able to trade down. Shocked

Margus Hunt was a non factor all season for SMU and then dominated a freshman right tackle in their bowl game. No way I'd want to take him in the first round.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:

If we take Hunt in the first two rounds im going to have serious doubts about the ability of Reggie and company to build a contender.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LivingLegendWFC wrote:
Alright this is in regards to a mock I'm doing. I've had a few people show interest in the third overall pick. Is moving down into the late teens for their first, second, and 2014 second good enough value to consider moving down? Or would it not be worth t to drop down that far to gain a second?

If we could acquire a pick in the late teens, a second, and a 2014 second for our pick I'd be happy. You might want to ask him to throw in a fifth rounder this year as well.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

Jump to: