Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:
Tweet from Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown

Prediction: North Carolina Tar Heels ILB Kevin Reddick will be selected by the Oakland Raiders. A vocal leader on the field.

here's a link:
https://twitter.com/DraftCountdown/status/294474895788748800

Don't know much about him. A lot of the stuff I read about him is contradictory like projected 40 times for example. I've read he's good in coverage and is a sideline to sideline guy. I've also read he's more suited to 3-4 ILB and for blitzing like a Daryl Washington type.

Anyone know much about him?

Sounds like he has a little McClain in him, id pass.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630333/kevin-reddick

Just to play devil's advocate, McCain is the antithesis of a vocal leader
Yes, but I think we need someone with a non stop motor at MLB, I dont want to see no more jogging or giving up on plays.

Yeah I know what you're saying. Maybe he would have a little more hustle as a 4-5th round pick instead of a top 10 pick lol
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
The 2 guys I would like the most in this draft for us are probably Chance Warmack or Dion Jordan.

I really hope we move back into the mid teens, take Warmack or Jordan.

My dream scenario would definitely be a trade back acquiring a mid first and mid second.

1. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
2. Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3. Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern

This is what will really happen! We will trade back.
1. Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
2. Manti Te'o, MLB, Notre Dame
3. Larry Warford, OG, Kentucky
4. T.J. McDonald, FS, USC
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
The 2 guys I would like the most in this draft for us are probably Chance Warmack or Dion Jordan.

I really hope we move back into the mid teens, take Warmack or Jordan.

My dream scenario would definitely be a trade back acquiring a mid first and mid second.

1. Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
2. Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3. Brandon Williams, NT, Missouri Southern

Haha this place would go nuts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Sonic Raider wrote:
Tweet from Scott Wright of NFL Draft Countdown

Prediction: North Carolina Tar Heels ILB Kevin Reddick will be selected by the Oakland Raiders. A vocal leader on the field.

here's a link:
https://twitter.com/DraftCountdown/status/294474895788748800

Don't know much about him. A lot of the stuff I read about him is contradictory like projected 40 times for example. I've read he's good in coverage and is a sideline to sideline guy. I've also read he's more suited to 3-4 ILB and for blitzing like a Daryl Washington type.

Anyone know much about him?

Sounds like he has a little McClain in him, id pass.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1630333/kevin-reddick

Just to play devil's advocate, McCain is the antithesis of a vocal leader
Yes, but I think we need someone with a non stop motor at MLB, I dont want to see no more jogging or giving up on plays.

Yeah I know what you're saying. Maybe he would have a little more hustle as a 4-5th round pick instead of a top 10 pick lol
!st round or 5th round if you give up on plays and jog on plays I dont want you period read his bio. There are guys who give 100% all the time with leadership also. So again I think not.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

And then we'll be picking in the top five again next season and will have taken two future busts in Mingo and Te'o. I'd be happy with Watford in the third round but I'm not sure how happy I'd be with McDonald.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:

So what are you getting mad about? You quoted a guy who said he will be a second rounder and he will probably be a first round guy. You agreed by the end of your post. Trust me, nobody who wanted him #3 does anymore, but even if they did its not THAT crazy. Not Bruce Campbell at #7 crazy.

Which reminds me-- do you remember when people wanted Brian Brohm #1 if he would have entered the draft? That's about as bad as it gets, and Teo at 3 doesnt get anywhere close to that. Russell was the worst draft pick of all time but at the time made sense. Brohm made none.

No it's worst than crazy . . . .a lot worse. Arguably the greatest MLB of the modern era was drafted at #26. Occasionally we all mistakes but I'm not mad it's frustration that the same people keep embarrassing themselves.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

And then we'll be picking in the top five again next season and will have taken two future busts in Mingo and Te'o. I'd be happy with Watford in the third round but I'm not sure how happy I'd be with McDonald.
Ha this forum would hate it, but all Mingo needs is some good coaching, you cant teach his burst. As far as Te'o if he falls we will nab him, Im not ready to call him a bust because of 1 game. I think that would be a mistake.
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Ha this forum would hate it, but all Mingo needs is some good coaching, you cant teach his burst. As far as Te'o if he falls we will nab him, Im not ready to call him a bust because of 1 game. I think that would be a mistake.

Lol just thought I thought I'd share this from Robert Lownes his prospect rankings DE

Quote:
1.) Barkevious Mingo - #LSU - Explosive, but raw edge rusher with a rare blend of length and speed. May fit best in 3-4 at OLB. Top 15

And as for teo ive never been a fan and I've been saying forever I don't rank him in my top 3 ILB but in the second he could very well be worth a pick.

Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warford will be a top 40 pick... no way he's there in the 3rd
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

Teo would look like a bust playing behind the Raiders current DL. Notre Dame's stellar DL got dominated and what you saw in the BCS Championship Game is what happens when the DL can't keep it's MLB clean. (Err . . like what we have been watching for nearly a decade) Which AGAIN is why you don't draft MLBs high because they are products of the DL. It's hard for leadership to shine through when OGs are swallowing Teo whole.

The McKenzie Plan: Fix BOTH trenches THEN draft the QBotF on BOTH sides of the ball. Pray Pray

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:

We don't have room for a project tweener DE/OLB, we need a player that can come in and produce from day one.

Te'o wasn't ever that great as a prospect he was just exposed even more so when he went up against NFL talent. Plus there are questions about his mental health and I just can't see a locker room of grown men rallying around a player that's so full of himself but doesn't produce like Te'o.

A slow inside linebacker that can't tackle, can't shed blocks, and isn't good at diagnosing holes in run plays isn't even worth a second round pick.

I've said this time and time again, put Te'o in a different uniform and he's a mid-round guy at best.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
We don't have room for a project tweener DE/OLB, we need a player that can come in and produce from day one.

Why do we need someone to come in and produce from day one? even if we draft a HOF and he plays at a HOF level day one we won't be in the playoffs. We just need to get the best players we can get, whether they immediately reach their potential or it takes 3 years it shouldn't matter, we're not in a hurry.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

Why do we need someone to come in and produce from day one? even if we draft a HOF and he plays at a HOF level day one we won't be in the playoffs. We just need to get the best players we can get, whether they immediately reach their potential or it takes 3 years it shouldn't matter, we're not in a hurry.

imo projects shouldnt be drafted top 5. i agree with bo

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Django

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

+1
macklemore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
macklemore wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

they were talking about trading back and drafting Mingo.

I agree with your statement, tho. The top 5 should be for elite athletes who are also elite football players.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 90 of 100

Jump to: