Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
raiders707 wrote:
Would we take a Tackle>?? i dont want to whiff it like Robert Gallery Rolling Eyes
im talking about a Jake Long type tackle i dont think we will land Ryan Clady i believe is his name.. but im guessing theres for sure or cant miss picks when we draft so im happy we have Reggie to handle this and not a oh great Crying or Very sad who is Al davis going to draft this time Pray

So because the last LT we took busted we shouldnt take another in the 1st? Thats terrible logic. The last QB, RB (arguably), WR, TE, DE, MLB, CB, and S we took in the 1st also busted. Are we going to have to avoid taking those positions as well?

+1

Regardless of where you stand (draft Joeckel or trade down) on Joeckel everything is falling into place. The Raiders next two obstacles are Chiefs resigning Albert and Joeckel testing well at the Combine. With HC Allen having ties to TexAM no one is going call the Raiders bluff maximizing what they can get in trade.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
bitty

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After careful consideration and going over the top draft prospects. I came to the conclusion that if the Raiders can't trade back they have to select Warmack. He can start right away and play at a high level. He can solidify the right side of the line for ten years. The rest of prospects have question marks. The Raiders can't afford to wait a couple years for someone to gain weight or to develop skills to be a every down player.

I know it's a complete 180 from what I've posted in the past but I was wrong.
SilverLining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually kinda high on Warmack as well, but i thought he was a LG. Either way I think the kid is a really good prospect.
SilverLining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see us trade down a few spots and grab Warmack myself. I don't really like most DE's in this draft, just about everyone is Undersized. About the only DE i'd seriously look at is Werner.

If I had to make a board as to who i'd look at before making a decision to trade down or not.

1. Star
2. Werner
3. Warmack ( he would top the list if we did trade down a few spots)
4. Jones
5. Moore
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
After careful consideration and going over the top draft prospects. I came to the conclusion that if the Raiders can't trade back they have to select Warmack. He can start right away and play at a high level. He can solidify the right side of the line for ten years. The rest of prospects have question marks. The Raiders can't afford to wait a couple years for someone to gain weight or to develop skills to be a every down player.

+1

If we can't trade I think Warmack or Joekel have to be the pick.mIf we are able to trade down, Warmack (still) or Jordan are my tops targets.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
G

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Joeckel and Warmack are both there and there is no trade down. Luke is the pick and if Veldheer doesn't want to sign long-term after that or move to RT I'll bet we can trade him over Fisher as a prospect...
First I'd offer JV good T money and say ihe could play either side. If he doesn't like it and Joeckel is there I make the pick and announce Veldheer is on the trading block. I bet many would want him over Fisher and if they jumped that pick could be Warmack...Get them both for cheap rookie contracts...
SilverLining

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i've read on Joekel is that he would fit a ZBS WCO type really well, not sure how he would hold up in a PBS. I think Warmack would fit either really well and the inside of our offensive line needs more work imo. I still would like to know which type of offense we will be rolling with before the draft gets here though.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverLining wrote:
From what i've read on Joekel is that he would fit a ZBS WCO type really well, not sure how he would hold up in a PBS. I think Warmack would fit either really well and the inside of our offensive line needs more work imo. I still would like to know which type of offense we will be rolling with before the draft gets here though.

Agreed. I'm anxiously awaiting an OC and line coach to be announced for this reason.

PM sig requests.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

Why would oakland put him at RG if they draft him. If they would draft him he would play LG. And oh the Rauders cant afford to wait and have a guy develop I didnt know that the Raiders are in a position to win anytime soon. So yes they have all the time in the world. And at the end of the day Warmack is a OG which dont get drafted high its that simple. Just look at last year the best OG we seen in years was drafted in the 20s . He is not gonna be a Raiders if they stay where there at.
agarcia34

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders going back to power blocking so there is no need for Joeckle. Veldheer is young and talented a better runblocker. Its a luxury Reggie and the Raiders cant afford. You just csnt simply keep on neglecting the defense line.
G

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RM's interview it sounded to me that they realize that RIGHT NOW a power scheme fits our talent, but it sounded like he still liked the ZBS/WC Offense is where we'll go later...That's just what I got out of it so...
I'm excited if we're able to trade down as I made a 100 minus a few Laughing players who should be there with our picks up until the 4th...
I wanted to make individual threads with each positions depth as there is depth more than stars...I'd still like to, but want feedback and other to do it so I'm not called out as a post WWWhat? more... Razz

Here's a start and I'd like thought's/others to make the thred. If not we can just bury it here and now. Idea

QB QB'
RANQBKINGS
Geno Smith, West Virginia
Matt Barkley, USC
Tyler Wilson, Arkansas, Jr.
Mike Glennon, North Carolina St.
Ryan Nassib, Syracuse
Zac Dysert, Miami(OH)
Tyler Bray, Tennessee, Jr.
RB's
Giovani Bernard, North Carolina, So.
LeÕveon Bell, Michigan St.
Eddie Lacy, Alabama, Jr.
Andre Ellington, Clemson
Joseph Randle, Oklahoma St. Jr.
WR

R RANKINGS
Robert Woods, USC, Jr.
Keenan Allen, California, Jr.
Justin Hunter, Tennessee, Jr.
Corradelle Patterson, Tennessee, Jr.
DaRick Rogers, Tennessee Tech
Terrance Williams, Baylor
Tavon Austin, West Virginia
DeAndre Hopkins, Clemson, Jr.
Marquess Wilson, Washington St Jr.
Quinton Patton, Louisiana Tech

Zach Ertz
TE Zach Ertz

OT

T RANKINGS
Luke Joeckel, Texas AM, Jr.
Eric Fisher, Central Michigan
Lane Johnson, Oklahoma
Pugh
Oday Aboushi, Virginia
Faulk
Dallas Thomas, Tennessee
DJ Fluker, Alabama
Long
Brennan Williams, North Carolina

G's

G RANKINGS
Chance Warmack, Alabama
Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina (repeat)
Barrett Jones, Alabama (repeat)
Larry Warford, Kentucky
Dallas Thomas, Tennessee (repeat)
DJ Fluker (repeat)

C's

C RANKINGS
Jonathan Cooper, North Carolina
Barrett Jones, Alabama
Mario Benevidas
Travis Fredrick
Khaled Holmes, USC

DE's

DE RANKINGS
Damontre Moore, Texas AM, Jr.
Barkevious Mingo, LSU, Jr.
Bjoern Werner, Florida St
Sam Montgomery, LSU. Jr.
Dion Jordan, Oregon
Corey Lemonier, Auburn, Jr.
Ezekiel Ansah, BYU
Alex Okafor, Texas
William Gholston
Joe Kruger
DT's

T RANKINGS
Star Lotulelei, Utah
Johnathan Hankins, Ohio St. Jr.
Sylvester Williams, North Carolina
Sheldon Richardson, Missouri, Jr.
Johnathan Jenkins, Georgia
Kawann Short, Purdue
Bennie Logan, LSU, Jr.
Geathers
Sharrif Floyd, Florida, Jr.
Jesse Williams, Alabama
Akeem Spence, Illinois, Jr.
LB's

ANKINGS
Jarvis Jones, Georgia, Jr.
Kevin Minter, LSU
Khaseem Greene, Rutgers
Brandon Jenkins, Florida St.
Sean Porter, Texas AM
Jelani Jenkins, Florida, Jr.
Jamie Collins, Southern Mississippi
Cornelius Washington, Georgia

ILB RANKINGS
Manti Te’o, Notre Dame
Alec Ogletree, Georgia
Kevin Reddick, North Carolina
Shayne Skov, Stanford
Nico Johnson, Alabama
Gerald Hodges, Penn st.

CB's

CB RANKINGS
Dee Milliner, Alabama, Jr.
Jonathan Banks, Mississippi St.
David Amerson, North Carolina St. Jr.
Xavier Rhodes, Florida St Jr.
Desmond Trufant, Washington
Jordan Poyer, Oregon St.
Blidi Wreh-Wilson, UConn
Tyrann Mathieu, LSU
Terry Hawthorne, Illinois
Leon McFadden, San Diego St.

S

SAFETY RANKINGS
Eric Reid, LSU Jr.
Kenny Vaccaro, Texas
Matt Elam, Florida, Jr.
TJ McDonald, USC
Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma, Jr.
Shawn Williams, Georgia
Baccari Rambo, Georgia
Robert Lester, Alabama
Phillip Thomas, Fresno St.

OK lets do it. Very Happy

I like the depth at our needs...
DB's, OL and pass rushers...
bitty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
bitty wrote:

Why would oakland put him at RG if they draft him. If they would draft him he would play LG. And oh the Rauders cant afford to wait and have a guy develop I didnt know that the Raiders are in a position to win anytime soon. So yes they have all the time in the world. And at the end of the day Warmack is a OG which dont get drafted high its that simple. Just look at last year the best OG we seen in years was drafted in the 20s . He is not gonna be a Raiders if they stay where there at.

You are right I made a mistake.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
raiders707 wrote:
Would we take a Tackle>?? i dont want to whiff it like Robert Gallery Rolling Eyes
im talking about a Jake Long type tackle i dont think we will land Ryan Clady i believe is his name.. but im guessing theres for sure or cant miss picks when we draft so im happy we have Reggie to handle this and not a oh great Crying or Very sad who is Al davis going to draft this time Pray

So because the last LT we took busted we shouldnt take another in the 1st? Thats terrible logic. The last QB, RB (arguably), WR, TE, DE, MLB, CB, and S we took in the 1st also busted. Are we going to have to avoid taking those positions as well?

Sweet! We've never taken an OG in the 1st so that opens the door for Warmack at #3.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

I'm digging that 180. All kidding aside I think he is the best prospect in this draft and I would have no problem at all with the team taking him that high. His dominance was evident all season long.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/01-19-13-73-players-granted-special-eligibility-for-2013-nfl-draft.pdf

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 84 of 100

Jump to: