Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KamTrus20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
What do you guys do if Kansas City goes Star Lotulelei and Jacksonville takes Damontre Moore?

Luke Joeckel? Dee Milliner, Jarvis Jones?

100% chance we trade down.

We have limited cap-space, no 2nd round pick and way too many holes to not trade down. Arizona could be a possible partner to trade up for Joeckel in this scenario, or a team trading up for a QB.

Why would KC draft a NT when they drafted a NT in the first round last year? they will draft a QB.

Many people are projecting Star Lotulelei as a 5tech.

80% chance you cannot find a trade partner, so I highly doubt there is a 100% chance you trade down. Probably guaranteed to try regardless of how the first 2 picks go, but he odds are against it.

Who is the player Oakland would target?

Jamison on the sig
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
What do you guys do if Kansas City goes Star Lotulelei and Jacksonville takes Damontre Moore?

We have limited cap-space, no 2nd round pick and way too many holes to not trade down. Arizona could be a possible partner to trade up for Joeckel in this scenario, or a team trading up for a QB.

Why would KC draft a NT when they drafted a NT in the first round last year? they will draft a QB.

80% chance you cannot find a trade partner, so I highly doubt there is a 100% chance you trade down. Probably guaranteed to try regardless of how the first 2 picks go, but he odds are against it.

With Lewan and Matthews returning to school and so many teams in desperate need of a LT. A prospect who is drawing early comparisons to Joe Thomas will spark interest. Whether or not the Raiders FO has the vision enough to trade back is in question. I'll put the odds at 20% chance a trade actually happens although 90% want to see it.
macklemore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Luke Joeckel

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We take the best player in the draft, Luke.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the sig.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to lean towards Luke as well...I just think the best player must be picked when the others don't stand out just yet like this guy does.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC picking a QB first overall would be the worst thing they can do when all these QBs are mid first round talent at best. I'm saying this now there going to draft Joeckle. They wanna move Albert inside to LG. Anf they will get there QB in the secound round.
macklemore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:
KC picking a QB first overall would be the worst thing they can do when all these QBs are mid first round talent at best. I'm saying this now there going to draft Joeckle. They wanna move Albert inside to LG. Anf they will get there QB in the secound round.

Why would KC draft Joeckel? When they can resign Branden Albert, have a promising 3rd round LT (Donald Stephenson) from last years draft and Eric Winston at RT. KC's biggest hole is QB, If there was an elite defensive prospect I could see them going in that direction but there isn't really one, QB is likely their only option.

Edit - And they won't be moving Albert to LG, They drafted Jeff Allen in the second round last year too.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agarcia34 wrote:

I agree that the chances are very high that they take Joeckel. We will have to see how the next few weeks pan out though.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Well never mind then. Laughing

I would still say that the cost of those cintracts makes it less of a priority to get them on the field. You can still sit them and they would still haqve 2-3 years to show what they can do and earn that next big payday.

I see both sides of the argument. The risk of taking a QB in the 1st is lower because you wont be paying $40M for a guy, however, you also less time to develop him and see enough of him to make sure he is your guy going forward. IMO, the money outweighs the shorter contract. I'd rather not be paying unproven players a king's ransom.

But even with that lesser amount of time you still hold the power in terms of his ability to move contractually. And if you haven't seen what he can do after 4 years of practicing with a kid then there is a problem with your coaching staff's skill as evaluators. Even in a case like Aaron Rogers the pack sat him but they knew exactly what they had. He was just behind a Green Bay legend. But I also see your point if the guy can't beat out a journeyman the team just brought in for competition.

Bottom line, I feel more comfortable drafting a QB in the 1st round than ever before.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I would still say that the cost of those cintracts makes it less of a priority to get them on the field. You can still sit them and they would still haqve 2-3 years to show what they can do and earn that next big payday.

I see both sides of the argument. The risk of taking a QB in the 1st is lower because you wont be paying $40M for a guy, however, you also less time to develop him and see enough of him to make sure he is your guy going forward. IMO, the money outweighs the shorter contract. I'd rather not be paying unproven players a king's ransom.

But even with that lesser amount of time you still hold the power in terms of his ability to move contractually. And if you haven't seen what he can do after 4 years of practicing with a kid then there is a problem with your coaching staff's skill as evaluators. Even in a case like Aaron Rogers the pack sat him but they knew exactly what they had. He was just behind a Green Bay legend. But I also see your point if the guy can't beat out a journeyman the team just brought in for competition.

Bottom line, I feel more comfortable drafting a QB in the 1st round than ever before.
Agreed
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:

Why would KC draft Joeckel? When they can resign Branden Albert, have a promising 3rd round LT (Donald Stephenson) from last years draft and Eric Winston at RT. KC's biggest hole is QB, If there was an elite defensive prospect I could see them going in that direction but there isn't really one, QB is likely their only option.

Edit - And they won't be moving Albert to LG, They drafted Jeff Allen in the second round last year too.

Their GM is from the Packers. Has already said they would draft the best player available. There isn't a QB right now pushing for that BPA spot.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:

Well said. Some are getting carried away with the 'trade down' option as if it's an automatic. They are going to be disappointed. There simply isn't THAT guy worth trading up for as it stands today. Most are forgetting part of trading down requires a team who will actually want to trade up. Not that easy.

As for the pick. My guess, the Raiders take the best player available on the defensive side of the ball. Primarily looking at pass rusher.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Professor Oak wrote:
I don't think anyone here is on record for saying he should be our choice.

Negative ghostrider. I dont feel like going back through old threads but there have been several posters in this forum clammoring for Teo. In fact, there was an entire thread dedicated to it. I never wanted him to begin with, so I hope this is enough to ensure Reggie doesnt trade back and take him.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of evaluating him as a backup behind a vet as opposed to him starting from year one. They wont always be as special as Rodgers, and with limited playing time it could be tough to really see what they have. Either way, I agree with you. I am much more comfortable with taking a QB (or really anyone) in the 1st than in previous years.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Chali21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

I was thinking more along the lines of evaluating him as a backup behind a vet as opposed to him starting from year one. They wont always be as special as Rodgers, and with limited playing time it could be tough to really see what they have. Either way, I agree with you. I am much more comfortable with taking a QB (or really anyone) in the 1st than in previous years.

For real. Imagine taking one of the guy in this draft and paying them 30-40 million guaranteed.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 82 of 100

Jump to: