You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Thread Version 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
daineraider wrote:
Raiders4sho! wrote:
CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I'm working on doing a mock off season right now. What are some of your guys favorite later round prospects? I know alot but I feel like everyone moms the same 5-7 round players everytime.

Greg reid Valdosta state devonte Christopher Utah Ryan otten San jose state Travis Johnson San Jose state

I disagree with devonte. He is garbage.

How so? and compared to what? There just aren't a lot of complete prospects in this draft.

There aren't a lot of complete prospects in any draft in rounds 5-7.

My bad. LOL. I saw Devonte and read Damontre

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much what we all talked about. 2 extra 6th rounders.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2013/1/28/3923842/nfl-draft-2013-what-compensatory-picks-should-oakland-raiders-receive
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's everyone's thoughts on shariff Floyd from Florida ? He seems to be moving up the draft boards.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:
What's everyone's thoughts on shariff Floyd from Florida ? He seems to be moving up the draft boards.

I like him but he seems like more of a penetrating UT than anything and we're already pretty set with Bryant and Bilukidi in that same role. If we're going to take a defensive tackle I'd prefer to get a true run stuffing nose tackle.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

I like him but he seems like more of a penetrating UT than anything and we're already pretty set with Bryant and Bilukidi in that same role. If we're going to take a defensive tackle I'd prefer to get a true run stuffing nose tackle.

I really like Floyd as an UT or 34 DE. Floyd's skill set is more powerbased vs. Richardson's quickness. Floyd doesn't beat doubles and isn't stout enough to hold the POA so I don't think he'll be a NT. However, I do not see Bilukidi as an UT at all and I believe he backed up Kelly at NT. Bryant is just solid rotation.

With Seymour gone the Raiders need both an UT & NT desperately. Jesse Williams is they only true NT worthy of a 1st, imo.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

I really like Floyd as an UT or 34 DE. Floyd's skill set is more powerbased vs. Richardson's quickness. Floyd doesn't beat doubles and isn't stout enough to hold the POA so I don't think he'll be a NT. However, I do not see Bilukidi as an UT at all and I believe he backed up Kelly at NT. Bryant is just solid rotation.

With Seymour gone the Raiders need both an UT & NT desperately. Jesse Williams is they only true NT worthy of a 1st, imo.

Bryant is rotation?
With Seymour out, Bryant was the virtual starter and a key part of the respectability of the defense toward the end there. He racked 4 sacks in the last 4 games as well. Does anyone think we will grab a UT round 3 or later who will be better right out of the gate? Or in FA? How can we, he's probably the best UT in FA. Plus, he's young.

Bryant is a starter, and looking like on the verge of becoming a pretty good one too. So I think he's more than rotation, he might very well be our most important resign - if we can.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, i know Bagga likes his PFF grades, so there it is:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/01/free-agent-defensive-interior/
Dessie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

Heard a lot of good things about Roy Miller Bucs and that he was a good run stuffer. Wondered if we would be interested but he seems to be ranked pretty lowly there?
Bone_Collector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:
Mr.Bob Dobalina wrote:

Bryant is rotation?
With Seymour out, Bryant was the virtual starter and a key part of the respectability of the defense toward the end there. He racked 4 sacks in the last 4 games as well. Does anyone think we will grab a UT round 3 or later who will be better right out of the gate? Or in FA? How can we, he's probably the best UT in FA. Plus, he's young.

Bryant is a starter, and looking like on the verge of becoming a pretty good one too. So I think he's more than rotation, he might very well be our most important resign - if we can.

I agree. Desmond Bryant has to be our top priority to re-sign. Dude can play and he's going to break out with more playing time as a full-time starter.

Props to cdUbs14 for the sig!
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/2/

interesting they say we had the 24th best o-line in the nfl

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/28/ranking-the-2012-offensive-lines/2/

How is it related to Desmond Bryant?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

How is it related to Desmond Bryant?

it isnt

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
However, I do not see Bilukidi as an UT at all and I believe he backed up Kelly at NT.

He's more of a penetrating defensive tackle then he is a true run stuffer though. We're set at UT with Bilukidi and Bryant we need to find a big body to compliment them on the interior and eat blocks. On passing downs I'd like to see a combo of Bilukidi and Bryant on the inside though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:

You don't have to do that. Why make it personal? Just state your facts like a grown up.

Imvho, Bryant's true value is in his versatility. He can play every position along the DL. However, typical of RaiderNation let's prop up a spot duty player as the next best whatever and then watch him regress. (ie: D.Moore) It's called a "contract year". Aren't we tried of overpaying guys who step up big only when it's time to get paid? (ie: Branch, Huff)

Yeah, let's pay Bryant like Suh.

Bonez wrote:
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:

You don't have to do that. Why make it personal? Just state your facts like a grown up.

Imvho, Bryant's true value is in his versatility. He can play every position along the DL. However, typical of RaiderNation let's prop up a spot duty player as the next best whatever and then watch him regress. (ie: D.Moore) It's called a "contract year". Aren't we tried of overpaying guys who step up big only when it's time to get paid? (ie: Branch, Huff)

Yeah, let's pay Bryant like Suh.

Noone said to pay him like a top of the line UT. So us resigning him depends on the asking price.

But that's not what we were discussing nor is it what you said. You specifically called him a rotational player, which you neither addressed nor referred back to.
He's not a rotational player, and I don't see "play hard in a contract year" out of him. He played because the starter got hurt. And didn't play for stats like contract year guys do. He played his position solidly, did his job, which is why the defense improved. The 4 sacks came as a result of great pressure on limited chances, without the guy going off on his own to pad his own numbers.

In the past he has been marginally effective. But I don't think I have ever seen him riff off of the responsibilities of the D in order to serve himself. Kelly does it 30 times a game. Whatever you're trying to do in painting him as that type of player is really just excuses for not backtracking on your own comment which was just poorly thought out.

Address your comment and stop derailing so you don't have to back off of your own comments. Bryant is no longer a "rotational" player. He's a key resign for this team at a fair price, and a clear cut worthy starter for Oakland. One of the key building blocks that we actually have in place, for what could one day finally be a good defense.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 92, 93, 94 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 93 of 100

Jump to: