Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Interesting thought

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Interesting thought Reply with quote

Each of our losses came to teams who NEEDED to win significantly more than we did

Packers were 2-3 and dropping to 2-4 at the time would have put them numerous games out of first in the vision and would have rocked their world

Patriots were already 2 games behind the 1 seed race and in order to even have a shot they needed a win.

The vikings were playing for their playoff dreams. A loss ends their season

Interesting to think they were playing as if in playoffs, but I will say I know they were all equally important to us.
Tom Shean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Colts would have the inside track on the AFC South if we won the week 15 matchup.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight. In week 15, the Texans clinch their division by dominating the Colts while the Pats and Ravens each cede ground to us with ugly losses. In week 16, they both beat teams not going to the playoffs and we lose to one likely going to the playoffs and somehow now we are easy pickin's in the AFC. This isn't college football folks where "when" you win can mean the difference in where you play in the post season. With one week to go in the season, we have done exactly what is required to retain the #1 rank in the playoffs and the only "must win" games we have will be in the playoffs. All this "momentum" stuff is just pure crap as the Saints rolled into last years playoffs with an 8 game win streak, Packers lost 1 game all year, and 49ers lost 3 all year and none of that stopped the team with the worst record in the playoffs from winning the Super Bowl. Both winners in the first round in AFC last year (Denver and Houston) had lost 3 in a row heading into the playoffs. Perspective folks.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
amazingandre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apollo Stallion wrote:
So let me get this straight. In week 15, the Texans clinch their division by dominating the Colts while the Pats and Ravens each cede ground to us with ugly losses. In week 16, they both beat teams not going to the playoffs and we lose to one likely going to the playoffs and somehow now we are easy pickin's in the AFC. This isn't college football folks where "when" you win can mean the difference in where you play in the post season. With one week to go in the season, we have done exactly what is required to retain the #1 rank in the playoffs and the only "must win" games we have will be in the playoffs. All this "momentum" stuff is just pure crap as the Saints rolled into last years playoffs with an 8 game win streak, Packers lost 1 game all year, and 49ers lost 3 all year and none of that stopped the team with the worst record in the playoffs from winning the Super Bowl. Both winners in the first round in AFC last year (Denver and Houston) had lost 3 in a row heading into the playoffs. Perspective folks.

Well I disagree with momentum, Packers were starting to trail off last season prior to the season ending and the Giants were getting hot.

BUT my initial post was about not waking up and being on fire and feeling like a must win game like the 3 teams that beat us felt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: