Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
I know my Bears would love a crack at him.

Discuss.

Please feel free to overpay to increase the Raiders compensatory pick! RaiderNation appreciates Meyer's contributions and effort but the FO is well aware that if the ZBS is retained it requires an inline blocking TE with receiving skills to execute properly. The FO heavily explored TE prospects in the 2012 draft so I'm guessing the FO was well aware of Meyer's deficiencies at blocking before the season began.

The odds on Meyer's return will depend on the prospects in FA and the 2013 draft. With little cap room and limited draft picks I'll put Meyer's resigning at 85% although the FO would truly rather move on.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:46 am    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
The FO heavily explored TE prospects in the 2012 draft...

I think that is a bit of an exaggeration seeing as we still have the two younger TE's from the previous regime to go with Meyers who was drafted here. The only other TE's that were brought in were street guys that didn't have a chance and didn't get a sniff. Where are you getting this statement from?

Raider X hooked me with the sig
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:18 am    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

I think that is a bit of an exaggeration seeing as we still have the two younger TE's from the previous regime to go with Meyers who was drafted here. The only other TE's that were brought in were street guys that didn't have a chance and didn't get a sniff. Where are you getting this statement from?

Thoughts on Kellen Winslow? He's still on the street, may be serviceable.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kid has always been a head case with limited production. Why would a team want to waste money on a guy that has a higher opinion of his talent than anyone around him? let him play for someone else. I wouldn't want to see him in Oakland.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
bitty

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
The kid has always been a head case with limited production. Why would a team want to waste money on a guy that has a higher opinion of his talent than anyone around him? let him play for someone else. I wouldn't want to see him in Oakland.

I never understood why people like him either.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 am    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

+1.

The only guy I remember us looking at was Egnew from Mizzou. They really didn't make a hard push for Cooley when he was let go either.

Don't see Myers asking for too much being that he's not the blocker we had hoped for. Then again I don't know the TE market but if there's a need, there's a chance Myers leaves for a higher asking price. I would love to draft Fauria from UCLA who is a matchup nightmare and would help our Red Zone issues and is a slightly better blocker than Myers. I kinda hope a team like the Bears overpays for him.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id bring him back on the cheap he isnt a game changer, he's a good in the pass game not great and he doesnt offer much in the run game...i prefer we bring in a guy that is more balanced and can be an asset in the run game...
agarcia34

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wont command a lot of money he had a break out year and a very solid year but nobody is gonna break the bank on him he is very solid and it would be stupid for Oakland not to bring him back and I think they will cause I think he has finally put things together. And Zach Miller went to a team that paid him huge money but wanted him to be a blocker and not a option on offense his fault for him not doing his homework or maybe he didn't care.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will be retained. The one bright spot on offense this year.

Just needs to work on his run blocking.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin

Last edited by RaisinBran on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Because the production is there. Most productive player on our offense this season.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
bitty wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Because the production is there. Most productive player on our offense this season.

I think they were talking about Kellen Winslow II
#clueless

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: