Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

I know my Bears would love a crack at him.

Discuss.
Tacos

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we keep Palmer, we'd be stupid to get rid of him, I think we'll be resigning him. Palmer seems to really like the guy and Brandon has done well for us this year.

Miller did really well for us too and hasn't done much in Seattle to my knowledge though so maybe be wary of that, we may just make TE's look good.

It all depends on how much he asks for really. Jared Cook and Martellus Bennett could be good replacements, don't see Bennett not resigning though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 35% chance that he won't be back.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Discuss.

It's all basically a test of his loyalty and to some, his character. He doesn't seem very outspoken to me. He's not very flashy. If he going to want a ton of money or will he be content w/ a nice contract and staying where he's always been? Normally, it's never the latter but who knows....

If Palmer stays, which I'm almost positive he will, Myers should stay as long as he's not asking for a boatload of money.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

Discuss.

Since you are here already. What do you think the odds are that the Bears would trade for a guy like McClain? He would do well to learn under Urlacher for a year. Obviously with a restructered contract and he is young.

DHB also for that matter. If I remember correctly it was rumored that the Bears were going to draft him if we didnt take him that year.
Raiders4sho!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Discuss.

Since you are here already. What do you think the odds are that the Bears would trade for a guy like McClain? He would do well to learn under Urlacher for a year. Obviously with a restructered contract and he is young.

DHB also for that matter. If I remember correctly it was rumored that the Bears were going to draft him if we didnt take him that year.

Idk about DHB but McClain is far too slow to play MLB in a Tampa 2. He played Tampa 2 in that Detroit game last year when he was on CJ1.8k and it lost us the game

TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Discuss.

Idk about DHB but McClain is far too slow to play MLB in a Tampa 2. He played Tampa 2 in that Detroit game last year when he was on CJ1.8k and it lost us the game

Ya probably.

DHB though I think would be a nice complement piece to Marshall and Jeffrey.
dante9876

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on who the O-cord is next year. If we get somebody who wants to run or even run the ZBS again. I think Myers will be gone. He is not good at run blocking at all. I mean he has been outright awful at times. Depends on how much she wants.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Discuss.

We've talked about McClain in the past. Like you said, he's not a fit for our system. This isn't the same guy who you guys cut and who had character concerns, is it? As for DHB, can he play the slot? If he can, we'd be interested. What would you ask for him?
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the odds Brandon Myers isn't retained? Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
Raiders4sho! wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

Discuss.

We've talked about McClain in the past. Like you said, he's not a fit for our system. This isn't the same guy who you guys cut and who had character concerns, is it? As for DHB, can he play the slot? If he can, we'd be interested. What would you ask for him?

He could but has issues with hands at times. As far as going over the middle and taking hits yes he could. I think Jeffrey might be better as a slot guy for you guys with DHB on the outside with Marshall. Or they could be interchangeable. Teams have to respect his speed and if they let him lose they can let a big play go. With Marshall sitting on the other side teams will have to chose who to double up on almost every play. Obviously Marshall for his route running and pass catching skills. DHB is a pretty good run blocker as well.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you think your asking price would be? Obviously the raiders are a couple of pieces away, and it's likely DHB would leave upon his contract expiring, anyhow.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
What do you think your asking price would be? Obviously the raiders are a couple of pieces away, and it's likely DHB would leave upon his contract expiring, anyhow.

I don't see Bey sticking around. He brings a 10 mill cap hit next season. I don't know how much of that is going to count against us whether he's on the roster or not (OakDB and Rolni are your guys for that) but he's certainly not worth that money... like at all....

PM sig requests.
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

I don't see Bey sticking around. He brings a 10 mill cap hit next season. I don't know how much of that is going to count against us whether he's on the roster or not (OakDB and Rolni are your guys for that) but he's certainly not worth that money... like at all....

+1

I like DHB as a #2 WR if you have a good #1 already, but not for the money he makes. I wouldnt mind keeping him if he cost more in the $2M price range.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tacos wrote:
If we keep Palmer, we'd be stupid to get rid of him, I think we'll be resigning him. Palmer seems to really like the guy and Brandon has done well for us this year.

Miller did really well for us too and hasn't done much in Seattle to my knowledge though so maybe be wary of that, we may just make TE's look good.

It all depends on how much he asks for really. Jared Cook and Martellus Bennett could be good replacements, don't see Bennett not resigning though.

true story

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
oakdb36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he wants to play for a crappy team for cheap, he'll stay. Make your own odds about it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: