Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 17 GDT: Cleveland Dawgs Vs. Western PA Bumblebees
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who has better helmets?
The Browns
70%
 70%  [ 14 ]
The Bumblebees
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Trojan
20%
 20%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20

Author Message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5360
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I cannot believe there are people on this board defending Pat Shurmur and people glad to see Heckart gone.

Something spun out of control somewhere.


I cannot believe there are people on this board who think that Shurmur hasn't done anything worthwhile in his two years here, or that the future of this team looks bright mainly in part because of him.

Impatient lot around here.


We have a bright future because of talent brought in by Tom Heckart.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15552
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
HOLY CRAP JIMMY HASLIM'S OFFICAL TWITTER JUST REPLYED TO A TWEET OF MINE SAYING I COULD DRAFT BETTER THAN LOMBARDI.


HE ASKED FOR MY RESUME Shocked


Well what are you doing posting here?

YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!! GET YOUR RESUME TOGETHER NOW!!!!1!!!1!!


I just asked where to send it.


He told me to send it to the trash Crying or Very sad

Not very nice.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44811
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KamTrus20 wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
KamTrus20 wrote:
I cannot believe there are people on this board defending Pat Shurmur and people glad to see Heckart gone.

Something spun out of control somewhere.


I cannot believe there are people on this board who think that Shurmur hasn't done anything worthwhile in his two years here, or that the future of this team looks bright mainly in part because of him.

Impatient lot around here.


We have a bright future because of talent brought in by Tom Heckart.


Which Shurmur obviously had NO role in developing

gimme a freakin break
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EL Brownso


Joined: 14 Nov 2009
Posts: 982
Location: Alamogordo, NM
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
HOLY CRAP JIMMY HASLIM'S OFFICAL TWITTER JUST REPLYED TO A TWEET OF MINE SAYING I COULD DRAFT BETTER THAN LOMBARDI.


HE ASKED FOR MY RESUME Shocked


Well what are you doing posting here?

YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!! GET YOUR RESUME TOGETHER NOW!!!!1!!!1!!


I just asked where to send it.


He told me to send it to the trash Crying or Very sad

Not very nice.


I doubt that is really him... No worries...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
HOLY CRAP JIMMY HASLIM'S OFFICAL TWITTER JUST REPLYED TO A TWEET OF MINE SAYING I COULD DRAFT BETTER THAN LOMBARDI.


HE ASKED FOR MY RESUME Shocked


Well what are you doing posting here?

YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!! GET YOUR RESUME TOGETHER NOW!!!!1!!!1!!


I just asked where to send it.


He told me to send it to the trash Crying or Very sad

Not very nice.


Get a new twitter avy if you want to be taken seriously Very Happy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25756
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, I missed the game. How did Thad look? I assume he took it easy on the Steelers and let them win so they felt good about the end of the year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15552
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EL Brownso wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
HOLY CRAP JIMMY HASLIM'S OFFICAL TWITTER JUST REPLYED TO A TWEET OF MINE SAYING I COULD DRAFT BETTER THAN LOMBARDI.


HE ASKED FOR MY RESUME Shocked


Well what are you doing posting here?

YOU HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!! GET YOUR RESUME TOGETHER NOW!!!!1!!!1!!


I just asked where to send it.


He told me to send it to the trash Crying or Very sad

Not very nice.


I doubt that is really him... No worries...


That's the thing.... It is him.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Estonianzulu


Moderator
Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 25756
Location: Middle of Nowhere VA
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

That's the thing.... It is him.


Like all Browns fans after a loss to the Steelers, he's probably drunk on the internet complaining about his team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fatpig


Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 2291
Location: cleveland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
fatpig wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Someone tell Miller that the game is not over yet and he still has to block...


I think Shurmur called the "OG takes a play off" play. Not suprising since he called 3 fumble plays and an INT play. A good coach would take all of those plays out of the playbook.

I wonder if the next coach will call the "win more games" play?


A smart coach would have called sprints and rollouts away from the lineman he should have known was going to be blitzed against.

Everyone watching knew the blitz was coming to Miller's gap. Except Shrumur apparently.

Keep defending him, though. It seems like you think it makes you look like the smartest person in the room.


I'm not defending Shurmur, I'm defending against overgeneralization and oversimplification.

Miller was the problem along with Lewis and maybe even Mack. All of those players had more to do with the outcome of that play than the play call.

The call itself needed better execution OR an audible to a run play. And if neither thing would have worked, Shurmer's call would still be blamed instead of the execution.

Whatever you think SHOULD have been called still would likely fail in that situation, or do you disagree?


I disagree that you continue to call plays the same regardless of the personnel you have in the game.

Yes, execution is of the utmost importance for a play's success, but the play itself must be designed and called for the best chance of successful execution.

Rarely did we ever see Shurmur do that.


The play must be designed because it works if you execute it correctly. You don't bastardize your ideals. You get to work and you work harder. At least thats how I was brought up.

You practice and you practice.

The WCO works. The WCO didn't work here. WCO didn't work for Bill Walsh his first two years either.


Shurmur's play calling flat out sucks. he keeps the QBs on a leash, doesn't play them to their strengths, calls the same repetitive short cross routes in 3rd and long situations. he did the same thing with the Rams. i agree that browns fans have no patience, but it really is hard when i don't see any future progress with him designing or calling the plays.

he consistently doesn't go for point at the end of the 1st half. any other team with 1min to go and 3 time outs would take some shots down the field. especially when trailing by 7pts.

have you listened to Shurmur's press conferences? he's certainly not a guy I could see commanding respect in the locker room and establishing an identity for the Browns.


Wat?

you know i love ya pig but come on--- the players love playing for him. D'Qwell Jackson just said he'd run through a wall for him. Sheldon Brown has echoed the same sentiments. Thomas said he resigned here because of his hiring.

Ever maybe think they like playing for him because he takes shots on the chin from the media for his players?

Also just look at other WCOs around the league. When the SAME FREAKIN PLAYS are ran with perfection, you get Aaron Rodgers. When you don't run it to perfection it doesnt work. THATS THE WCO. Walsh didn't get it perfect in two years either.

Benjamin and Gordon had high YPCs. Cant get high YPCs without big plays. Big plays seemed to suit them well. But we did nothing at all that played into their streingths..


its good that DQwell etc have spoken out in favor or Shurmur. they're good team players. still doesn't convince me that Shurmur is the best man for the job.

Shurmur doesn't really take shots on the chin, just makes an arse of himself.

well then the WCO isn't what is best for the Browns. you can't throw Weeden in there, under center all the time, and say you have to run this dinky 5yd cross route to your rookie WR perfectly or else we lose and your development is hindered. Weeden is best under shotgun yet the play calls were under center and even sometimes play action on 3rd down.

also what does it say to your QB when you don't give them a chance to score points at the end of the half?

Gordon and Benj had decent rookie years but the YPC is pretty deceiving. 1 long rec per game isn't gonna add up to many points scored or Ws.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fatpig


Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 2291
Location: cleveland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

That's the thing.... It is him.


Like all Browns fans after a loss to the Steelers, he's probably drunk on the internet complaining about his team.


lol. Horny print out his Twitter comments and mail it into Berea with your resume. maybe Jimmy will feel pity and give you some season tickets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44811
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't compromise a system that has worked for 30 years and still continues to work simply because your QB can't take a snap from under center

just ludicrous
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fatpig


Joined: 15 Apr 2008
Posts: 2291
Location: cleveland
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mistakebytehlak wrote:
You don't compromise a system that has worked for 30 years and still continues to work simply because your QB can't take a snap from under center

just ludicrous


you don't draft a tall, immobile gun slinger quarterback who was most successful in shotgun and say i have this system in which you have to have great footwork and fit balls into tight areas 4 yards down the field in order to be successful here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mistakebytehlak


Joined: 20 Nov 2005
Posts: 44811
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fatpig wrote:
mistakebytehlak wrote:
You don't compromise a system that has worked for 30 years and still continues to work simply because your QB can't take a snap from under center

just ludicrous


you don't draft a tall, immobile gun slinger quarterback who was most successful in shotgun and say i have this system in which you have to have great footwork and fit balls into tight areas 4 yards down the field in order to be successful here.


Dude was accurate in college. In fact accurate as hell. Don't see why the last part makes sense.

Montana wasn't so mobile. Weeden actually looked good on the run when he ran.

They obviously saw something (in fact it was the senior bowl practices where he improved a bunch under center) that made them think that he could be a good NFL QB. There were flashes. If you didn't see those flashes, I'll say it right now- you're talking out of your you know what.

Whatever, I have no say in this organization but it looks like we're giving up too soon, yet again

and then we complain about why we suck.

you need stability, even if the first one or two years may suck you need to stick with it. you might cut short on something that could be great. it's all about hoping for the best though, something that this miserable city can't do. we pull the trigger too quick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KamTrus20


Joined: 17 Nov 2009
Posts: 5360
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heckart's impact >>>> Pat Shurmur's impact.

No way around it.

I'm sure you could find a way to argue it though. I mean you are a math genius so you clearly know football better than everyone else too.
_________________


Jamison on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15552
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want Greg Jenning's in Brown next season.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group