Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who was the biggest loss?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Who was the biggest loss? Reply with quote

With the mass exodus of veteran last off-season, whether it was through trade, free agency or getting cut. How do you rank them from most important to least according to how our regular season played out.

The players: Meco, Mario, Allen, Winston, Dreessen, Brisel, Allen, Jacoby, and McManis

My rankings
1)Winston
2)Dreessen
3)Meco
4)Allen
5)Brisel
6)McManis
7)Mario
8)Jacoby

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it this point, Brisiel Shocked

then I would go Winston and Dreessen and Ryans
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cushing was the biggest loss, but as far as last off season it's a tie between Winston and brisel
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what Brisiel was asking for Im glad he left and he has been horrible this year too. Our line wouldnt be much better if he was starting.
canyon1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Winston was the man that was missed he was alot better vs the run than Newton. On the other hand they were the same vs the pass
MLB: Tigers
NHL: Red Wings
NCAAB: Michigan
NCAAF: Michigan
Marco79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Who was the biggest loss? Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:

My rankings
1)Winston
2)Dreessen
3)Meco
4)Allen
5)Brisel
6)McManis
7)Mario
8)Jacoby

I am sorry this is ridiculous. First off Graham does everything dreessen does it wasn't a downgrade at all.

Jason Allen SUCKED. And he split with Kareem last year and Kareem is CLEARLY playing better than both of them combined.

I am a big fan of McManis and always was he was a star on special teams but there is no way we are missing McManis more than Mario.

1. Winston
2. Meco
3. Mario
4. Brisiel

5. McManis
6. Jacoby
7. Dreeseen

8. Allen

Also a big loss is McCain playing 100 times worse than last year.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree about Cushing, but as far as off-season losses, Brisiel is a big time miss for us. He may not have played well in Oakland, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have played good for us. RG is just disgusting to watch.

Dreessen is a much better blocker than any TE we have and his ability to get the ball was as good as Graham, he made lbs worry about the run equally as much as him as a pass catcher
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. ILB Brian Cushing: Without him our Inside linebackers are freaking horrible and our outside linebackers can't rely on him to cover for them

2. RT Eric Winston: Best OL'man on the right side. We could use him bad right now.

3. RG Mike Briesel: We could use him also on the right side of the OL. We are using a rookie C at right guard for god sakes.

4. ILB DeMeco Ryans: If Cushing was out and we had DeMeco I think our ILB play would be better than it is now without Cushing.

*We don't need Mario since our defense was capable of being good without him. McManis is useless since I prefer Brandon Harris over him anyway. Allen sucked, and McCain had a better season than him "LAST YEAR".

Last edited by Texansfan713 on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Winston. Dude laid people out in the running game. The Right Guard position wouldn't look quite as bad playing next to Winston. I think if you were to replace Ben Jones with Mike Briesel but had the same Right Tackles it would only lead to very meager improvements. Whereas if you had Eric Winston the Texans would unquestionably have the best O-Line in football even wih crappy RG play.

Last edited by AntiSuperstar on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grasspike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
1. ILB Brian Cushing: Without him our Inside linebackers are freaking horrible and our outside linebackers can't rely on him to cover for them

2. RT Eric Winston: Best OL'man on the right side. We could use him bad right now.

3. RG Mike Briesel: We could use him also on the right side of the OL. We are using a rookie C at right guard for god sakes.

4. ILB DeMeco Ryans: If Cushing was out and we had DeMeco I think our ILB play would be better than it is now without Cushing.

*We don't need Mario since our defense was capable of being good without him. McManis is useless since I prefer Brandon Harris over him anyway. Allen sucked, and McCain had a better season than him "LAST YEAR".

What he said

Sig by matthouston91
DreDay80

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazingandre wrote:
I agree about Cushing, but as far as off-season losses, Brisiel is a big time miss for us. He may not have played well in Oakland, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have played good for us. RG is just disgusting to watch.

Dreessen is a much better blocker than any TE we have and his ability to get the ball was as good as Graham, he made lbs worry about the run equally as much as him as a pass catcher

Uhm....yeah it does. Oakland switched to a zone-scheme and he was god awful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: