Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How do we fix our QB Situation?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: How do we fix our QB Situation? Reply with quote

Let's hear how YOU would fix it. My ideas are as follows:

-Trade Tebow to Jax for a late-round pick
-Trade Sanchez to whoever will take him (maybe Minny for competition with Ponder) for a late-round pick. Eat 80% of the contract. The thought crossed my mind that Sanchez would maybe re-structure his contract to make himself more marketable because if he rides the bench next year for the Jets, he may never have a chance to start again.

-Sign Matt Moore. Other QB's will be out there; Campbell, A. Smith, Flynn, even rumors of Fitzpatrick. We need a cheap option.

Draft:
-Draft Mike Glennon is possible. Glennon's my favorite QB of the bunch. Has a huge arm on top of that. His stock might continue to rise, so he may be unobtainable, but I want him to be our guy. The issue becomes if we draft a QB in the 1st in a weak QB class. If our front office thinks he worth it and he's there, I personally want him. If we go into the second, it may get a bit dicey. I like Tyler Wilson, but we'll have to see where his draft stock lies post-combine.

How would you fix the QB situation?
Karmaloop

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get lucky with the draft. It's usually a crapshoot with QBs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is a possibility

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19421/jets-starting-qb-in-2013-is

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Trade Tebow to Jacksonville for the first Pick in the draft and select Geno Smith.

In all seriousness not sure about how easy this will be to fix as we are not exactly an appealing situation to go to with the NY Media on our backs and the lack of an offensive line or consistent running game. But since the door is wide open we probably have a good chance of attracting a Veteran to compete + work with a young guy.

Not gonna be a good situation as we need to help out whoever is there by giving them some weapons like healthy Braylon, Santonio, Kerley, Keller + Offensive Line improvements and someone who can help him in the backfield. It is scary how bad we have been at having our HB's help out the QB like they do for other teams in terms of having reliable hands in the backfield and having some ability protecting the passer. Maybe Reggie Bush, or Ray Rice become available.

I do not see any QB in this draft other than maybe Geno that has a good shot of being a franchise QB and even him I would have rated under several recent first's Cam Newton, Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, and Sam Bradford all have better grades then him so considering he's prob the top of the QB class I dont really see anyone else becoming a Franchise QB out of this draft, but seeing as we know first hand that the development of a QB is vital and can lead the QB's career either way a team that handles some of these guys right prob will be able to have servicable QB's probably not elite ones.

And with Geno Smith I know a lot of people see him busting but I watched several games of his and even against better defenses he seemed to know what he was doing with the football and how to take care of it. + 40 TD's and 6 Picks and around 70% completion is a pretty huge season ... If he were there at our pick I dont see how we could pass him up.

Players like Tyler Bray do not look very NFL ready to me. Especially considering Bray didnt even have a 60% completion percentage in college. He's definitely coming out too early. Especially considerin Sanchez's stat line in college was far superior with 65% completion and 34 TD's to 10 Picks with 3 TD's running. While he did have a great situation at USC I dont like the arguement for other people that the talent around them in college was worse or the division they play in was harder as a reason they will do better in the NFL.

Some people seem to love Tyler Wilson but I dont see it in the little game film I have seen. I mean it seems he has the physical tools and the drive, but just for some reason don't see it and the stats dont blow anyone away either. It may be because of his situation, if we draft him I hope it comes in the 2nd round and I am wrong about him but at this point I dont see it.

Barkley ... everyone knows whats up with him ... not our guy... Last year watching him I saw something that could be an NFL starter but this year ... almost every game I watched of him I didnt see the same thing I had earlier, dont really know what happened but he doesnt seem to be the same player or has fallen off as defenses figured out his offense. Either way we wont draft him and he isnt gonna be our guy.

not sure if we end up with someone through the draft but it is pretty much decided that we will need some veterans coming in to compete and this likely means Matt Moore or Alex Smith
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/19421/jets-starting-qb-in-2013-is

Even if KC passes on him, I doubt he gets past Jacksonville, Arizona, and Buffalo (if we win on Sunday).
glenearl18

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno Smith is not an NFL QB.
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:

Agree'd.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

Even if KC passes on him, I doubt he gets past Jacksonville, Arizona, and Buffalo (if we win on Sunday).
Agreed.
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:

Just want to note I heard a lotta people say this about RG3 before as well and Cam Newton, both of them are not doing that bad at the NFL level. Geno does not have the same talents running the ball but on game film he does place the ball well, doesnt turn it over most of the time and is able to move in the pocket. To me with the right coaching he is an NFL QB ...

in your opinion who in this draft is a franchise NFL QB?
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:

Agreed.

Think Arizona takes him outta those three if KC passes on him but
Jacksonville and Buffalo I believe also will pass. Jacksonville praying for somethin in Gabbert and givin Tebow a shot and Buffalo, not sure if they will give up on Fitzpatrick
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: How do we fix our QB Situation? Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Let's hear how YOU would fix it. My ideas are as follows:

-Trade Tebow to Jax for a late-round pick
-Trade Sanchez to whoever will take him (maybe Minny for competition with Ponder) for a late-round pick. Eat 80% of the contract. The thought crossed my mind that Sanchez would maybe re-structure his contract to make himself more marketable because if he rides the bench next year for the Jets, he may never have a chance to start again.

-Sign Matt Moore. Other QB's will be out there; Campbell, A. Smith, Flynn, even rumors of Fitzpatrick. We need a cheap option.

Draft:
-Draft Mike Glennon is possible. Glennon's my favorite QB of the bunch. Has a huge arm on top of that. His stock might continue to rise, so he may be unobtainable, but I want him to be our guy. The issue becomes if we draft a QB in the 1st in a weak QB class. If our front office thinks he worth it and he's there, I personally want him. If we go into the second, it may get a bit dicey. I like Tyler Wilson, but we'll have to see where his draft stock lies post-combine.

How would you fix the QB situation?

Dear god, if that's not a sure sign this franchise has hit rock bottom I don't know what is....
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:

Really no one. It's pretty weak IMO. I wouldn't want to build my team around any QB's in this draft... But who knows, maybe there is a Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers hidden somewhere deep. You never can tell.

New York Jets Rutgers Scarlet Knights Brooklyn Nets New York Mets
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenchSanchez wrote:
KBS756 wrote:

Really no one. It's pretty weak IMO. I wouldn't want to build my team around any QB's in this draft... But who knows, maybe there is a Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers hidden somewhere deep. You never can tell.

I think 2 of Geno Smith, Tyler Wilson, Zac Dysert, and Mike Glennon.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glenearl18 wrote:

Not until April of course

Geno Smith is going to be a fine pro

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
ekill08x

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
glenearl18 wrote:

Not until April of course

Geno Smith is going to be a fine pro

Disagree, hes going to struggle in the NFL. Slow throwing motion, nowhere near as athletic as RG3 and Newton. Hes not worth a first round pick.

Im on board for Matt Moore and to draft a successor. Matt Moore could win us games.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: