Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Tannebaum really that bad?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the posts from Harris, Colt, and Jetskid really highlight Tanny's tenure as our GM. He hasn't been the worst GM ever, far from it. But his shortcomings have been highlighted the past 2 seasons, and it's time for a change.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I think the posts from Harris, Colt, and Jetskid really highlight Tanny's tenure as our GM. He hasn't been the worst GM ever, far from it. But his shortcomings have been highlighted the past 2 seasons, and it's time for a change.

I agree with what they said. Tanny has made plenty of very good moves here and he wasn't a bad GM, but ultimately some of the moves he made (namely the 2008-2010 drafts and the extension he gave to Sanchez) is what will do him in. Very few GMs last as long as he has. I am happy to hear that he is likely to stay with the Jets in some capacity.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He traded a lot of picks that brought in talent and those moved need to be added to his resume

Jenkins
Holmes
Cro
Edwards

They are players that produced and helped the team get to the AFC title game, Jenkins, maybe not so much.

The trades left the team void of dept. Plus you have guys that retired.

LT, Big Wood.

I agree that maybe he has let the head coaches influence his picks. I still believe that they way to correct this mess is to bring in playmakers on the offensive side of the ball.

Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

I agree with what they said. Tanny has made plenty of very good moves here and he wasn't a bad GM, but ultimately some of the moves he made (namely the 2008-2010 drafts and the extension he gave to Sanchez) is what will do him in. Very few GMs last as long as he has. I am happy to hear that he is likely to stay with the Jets in some capacity.

You shouldn't be. As many have pointed out, no decent GM is going to want to come in with his predecessor looking over his shoulder every day.

It's kind of like the girl that keeps talking to and staying close with her ex.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

You shouldn't be. As many have pointed out, no decent GM is going to want to come in with his predecessor looking over his shoulder every day.

We did the same thing with Terry Bradway.

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

And it brought us Mike Tannenbaum.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not that this should come as any surprise, but Mike Tannenbaum expected to be relieved of his duties as #Jets GM, per source.

https://twitter.com/Steiny31/status/284342444470984704
green24

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:

And it brought us Mike Tannenbaum.

Meh. Distractions aside, he would do a good job in a cap management role.

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea
kilahchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan are not the problem. The problem was and had always been Mark Sanchez.

Every year for the past four years the only uncertainty to the NY Jets being a viable playoff contender was Mark Sanchez. Granted alot of injuries on offense and defense has held the jets back this year. Tony Sparano gimmick offense does not help the situation. But I guarantee you if there was a Tony Romo, Carson Palmer, Cutler on this team this Jet team would of won atleast 10 games this year. If Drew Brees was on this current team I could say with confidence we are 11-5 at the end of the year. Even with recievers like Stephen hill, Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens. Those Quaterbacks would find a way to get the ball into their hands with out turning it over some 20+ times this year.

The bottom Line is the most important position on the field QB is under the helm of an Quaterback who never really developed at USC and has shown little no development in the NFL. The only thing that prevents Mark Sanchez from being a flat out bust was the 2 AFC Championship games the Jets made an appearance in. 50 turnovers in 2 years of football is unacceptable and downright atrocious! It is an embarresment to this organization. However, I do not feel Rex Ryan or Tannenbaum should lose their jobs because we took a chance of QB that showed some signs of promise.

The Mark Sanchez era I hope is officially over.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard we are going to keep him on for financial consulting but strip him of his GM duties. Don't quote me on fact here but I heard that through the grape vine.

I think that is a good move.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilahchris wrote:
Tannenbaum and Rex Ryan are not the problem. The problem was and had always been Mark Sanchez.

Every year for the past four years the only uncertainty to the NY Jets being a viable playoff contender was Mark Sanchez. Granted alot of injuries on offense and defense has held the jets back this year. Tony Sparano gimmick offense does not help the situation. But I guarantee you if there was a Tony Romo, Carson Palmer, Cutler on this team this Jet team would of won atleast 10 games this year. If Drew Brees was on this current team I could say with confidence we are 11-5 at the end of the year. Even with recievers like Stephen hill, Jeremy Kerley, Chaz Schilens. Those Quaterbacks would find a way to get the ball into their hands with out turning it over some 20+ times this year.

The bottom Line is the most important position on the field QB is under the helm of an Quaterback who never really developed at USC and has shown little no development in the NFL. The only thing that prevents Mark Sanchez from being a flat out bust was the 2 AFC Championship games the Jets made an appearance in. 50 turnovers in 2 years of football is unacceptable and downright atrocious! It is an embarresment to this organization. However, I do not feel Rex Ryan or Tannenbaum should lose their jobs because we took a chance of QB that showed some signs of promise.

The Mark Sanchez era I hope is officially over.

Agreed. . . An average QB gets this team into the playoffs just too bad that we didn't have one on the roster.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: