Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Beanie Wells
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would you support Beanie Wells coming to the Jets next year?
Yes
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
No
88%
 88%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 18

papasmurf328

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Beanie Wells Reply with quote

Merry Christmas Everyone

Beanie Wells is seemingly playing his last game in Arizona this weekend (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8779054/beanie-wells-arizona-cardinals-expects-play-elsewhere-2013). I myself am not a fan of taking running backs early in the draft, and believe he would be an excellent addition to our team next year at only 24 years of age, or 25 the time next season starts. Despite a disappointing year hindered by injury this year, he has proven to be a solid back, with feature back potential, evidenced by his last season performance of 245 carries for 1,047 yards and 10 scores, that does not turn the ball over often. While he lacks some necessary skills in the passing game, he still maintains room for growth, and will probably come at a decent price. What are your guys thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want him. I'll take McFadden 100x over him.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not high on my list, but I wouldn't mind having him as a #2 until he takes Greene's job.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beanie Wells is not an upgrade on Shonn Greene !! But I see them looking at maybe Pierre Thomas or even Darren Sproles.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, the guy career-wise has a lower yards per carry average than Greene and never stays healthy. What's the point of signing him when we can re-sign Greene who has been more effective over the course of his career?
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't the guy say something about this next game being his audition for 31 other teams?

I mean really? Is it necessary to spout that garbage? We don't need more diva personalities.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
Didn't the guy say something about this next game being his audition for 31 other teams?

I mean really? Is it necessary to spout that garbage? We don't need more diva personalities.

Now that I think about it, your right. That does sound diva-ish.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
Beanie Wells is not an upgrade on Shonn Greene !! But I see them looking at maybe Pierre Thomas or even Darren Sproles.

Beanie Wells is a significantly better RB when healthy than Pierre Thomas. He's better than Shonn Greene, but I don't think I'd take him over guys like Darren McFadden or Maurice Jones-Drew, two guys who are expected to be available.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather sign a vet and draft Gio Bernard/Andre Ellington/Eddie Lacy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JETSsuperbowl43 wrote:
BillsGuy82 wrote:

Beanie Wells is a significantly better RB when healthy than Pierre Thomas. He's better than Shonn Greene, but I don't think I'd take him over guys like Darren McFadden or Maurice Jones-Drew, two guys who are expected to be available.

I'd take Pierre Thomas easy over Wells.
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Chris Ivory and then drafting a speed back in the middle rounds. There are so many available... Ellington, Franklin, Randle, Jamison, the list goes on. I would be furious if we missed out on a quality RB this draft with how many good ones there are.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
kilahchris

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:

There is no denying it. Arizona Cardinals have the worse offensive line in football. The unit is simply offensive!

Beanie Wells seems to have a quicker burst than Shonn Green!!

All in all I would prefer a different Running back. McFadden is much better but a little injury prone.
imaiden6669

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont like it i would rather just to get Steven Jackson who i believe has a couple of good years left and split him with a young speed guy we draft and keep Powell as a 3rd back

i support a backfield of Jackson,ROOKIE,Powell

wat about giving Mendenhall a fresh start here? hes a free agent and he doesnt have alot of wear and tear and he will be far removed from his injuries by the start of next season

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:38 pm    Post subject: Beanie Reply with quote

H- NO...

Draft Gio Bernard and Mike Gillislee and sign Jackson as insurance/3rd and short...

yep.. FRESH FACES
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imaiden6669 wrote:
i dont like it i would rather just to get Steven Jackson who i believe has a couple of good years left and split him with a young speed guy we draft and keep Powell as a 3rd back

i support a backfield of Jackson,ROOKIE,Powell

wat about giving Mendenhall a fresh start here? hes a free agent and he doesnt have alot of wear and tear and he will be far removed from his injuries by the start of next season

The thing with Jackson is that he has a crazy amount of miles on his legs. He has been the focal point of that offense for so long. Don't get me wrong I like the guy a lot but I'd rather McFadden. Plus a lot of Raider fans are talking about hopefully getting a 4th for him so sign me up for that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: