Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings' 2013 opponents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thanatos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Baltimore likely heading towards mediocrity. Ray Lewis announcing he's retiring

I'd be worried about Baltimore trading up for a middle linebacker or another defensive leader to make sure that the defense is still performing at a high level. Their defense will fall off a little but their offense is still developing, it will be interesting to watch how the Ravens handle Flacco.

Pittsburgh is much more likely to head into mediocrity than the Ravens. The Ravens still have some good core pieces on offense and even some on defense. The defense pieces are just stashed on the bench.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SEA and NYG are the two games that worry me the most outside the division.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone caught this, but the Vikings and Steelers play on Sept. 29th this year in London.

So thats what, week 4? not bad.

down but not out. I still believe!
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanatos wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Baltimore likely heading towards mediocrity. Ray Lewis announcing he's retiring

I'd be worried about Baltimore trading up for a middle linebacker or another defensive leader to make sure that the defense is still performing at a high level. Their defense will fall off a little but their offense is still developing, it will be interesting to watch how the Ravens handle Flacco.

Pittsburgh is much more likely to head into mediocrity than the Ravens. The Ravens still have some good core pieces on offense and even some on defense. The defense pieces are just stashed on the bench.

With Baltimores luck they will somehow land Ogletree...just how the Colts got Luck after they let Manning go.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Not sure if anyone caught this, but the Vikings and Steelers play on Sept. 29th this year in London.

Only thing I don't like about that is the early bye.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

why is there an early bye?

SodakViking

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Teams that play in London always have a bye the following week, I believe.
Klomp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SodakViking wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Teams that play in London always have a bye the following week, I believe.

Correct.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early prediction;

Green Bay (split), we played them well this year

Detroit (beat both times), Detroit thus far has shown to be a paper tiger. Good on paper but can't execute it on the field

Chicago (lose both times), with their new head coach, this is going to be a scary good team

So 3-3 in the division

Philadelphia is rebuilding (win), Washington (lose), Pittsburgh (lose), Cleveland (lose), Carolina (lose), Dallas (win), New York Giants (lose), Cincinnati (lose), Baltimore (lose), Seattle (lose)

5-11? Maybe 6-10?

This is going to be a very hard schedule. Baltimore always finds ways to win (Lewis was out for most of the season and they still were winning). Pittsburgh was banged up this year as well. Cleveland I think will surprise people. Carolina and Newton is just scary. Cincinnati will be tough.

We're playing a lot of teams with good QBs and/or good head coaches.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiccup

Last edited by thestonedkoala on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Zephiel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Early prediction;

Green Bay (split), we played them well this year

Detroit (beat both times), Detroit thus far has shown to be a paper tiger. Good on paper but can't execute it on the field

Chicago (lose both times), with their new head coach, this is going to be a scary good team

So 3-3 in the division

Philadelphia is rebuilding (win), Washington (lose), Pittsburgh (lose), Cleveland (lose), Carolina (lose), Dallas (win), New York Giants (lose), Cincinnati (lose), Baltimore (lose), Seattle (lose)

5-11? Maybe 6-10?

This is going to be a very hard schedule. Baltimore always finds ways to win (Lewis was out for most of the season and they still were winning). Pittsburgh was banged up this year as well. Cleveland I think will surprise people. Carolina and Newton is just scary. Cincinnati will be tough.

We're playing a lot of teams with good QBs and/or good head coaches.

I think you're being a bit too pessimistic. This isn't the 2011 3-13 team playing this schedule, it's the new, confident 2012 team. We should be in most games, I think.

Also maybe it's a little homerism but I don't know how well the Bears are going to do. New head coach, yeah, but that offense isn't going to be a quick fix and their defense is another year older (Brian Urlacher is also a free agent IIRC). Also maybe they'll move from the Tampa-2? That would set them back a little.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to guess:

Split with Greenbay
Split with Chicago
Beat Detroit twice
Lose to Pittsburgh
Beat Cleveland
Beat Baltimore
Beat Cincinatti
Lose to Carolina
Lose to Seattle
Beat Dallas
Beat Philly
Beat Washington
Lose to New York Giants

Record: 10-6. I think losing to Chicago will hurt our chances of winning the division.

Like someone said, I don't like playing Seattle or New York. We just don't match up well at all.

CriminalMind

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The NYG is interesting.
We've had their number consistenty in recent matchups, but the teams we had were completely different & really have no bearing on the game in New York this coming year.

I dont think I would put that as a lose:

Win -- GB, DET, DET, CHI, WAS, CLE, PHI, DAL, NYG

Loss -- GB (road), CHI (road), BALT (road), SEA (road), PIT (like road), CAR (home), CIN (road)

That bold is going to be hard, thats the meat of the schedule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind we were 7-1 at home this season.

I don't see any games on our home schedule that I'd immediately mark as a loss. We have a good chance in each game. The closest thing to a toss up I'd say is Pittsburgh, simply because we're in London for that one.

Our road schedule is definitely tougher, with our most difficult games being at Green Bay, Baltimore, New York, and Seattle.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Keep in mind we were 7-1 at home this season.

I don't see any games on our home schedule that I'd immediately mark as a loss. We have a good chance in each game. The closest thing to a toss up I'd say is Pittsburgh, simply because we're in London for that one.

Our road schedule is definitely tougher, with our most difficult games being at Green Bay, Baltimore, New York, and Seattle.

Seattle concerns me the most of the road games. They have a great looking team and a tough stadium.

The Vikings proved they can play with the Packers when they get good QB play, so they dont scare me too much on the road, I have faith in Ponder and the passing game showing improvement. Both games should be competitive. In Chicago is always tough for MN, that one is a concern but Chicago is a tough team to figure out right now.

Baltimore and New York arent extremely impressive to me either. The Ravens and Giants have both struggled in the regular season and seem to turn it on in the post season. I could see both the Ravens and Giants hitting there regular season slides.

on the road, Seattle is the only team that really concerns me right now. I think MN can hang with any team on this schedule.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: