Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Irrelevant Thread of Anything 29
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY resolution-
WIN A DAMN SB.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Love to get DeAndre Hopkins. I love his outs and comeback routes.

How did he do tonight? Remids me of sidney rice, with dread locks and all. One of many guys Id like to add this off season.

Richter wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I've never understood the big fuss about New Years once you get beyond the "OMG I'm so drunk lolz!" idiot phase of life.

To be fair, neither does NBT. He just calls that "Tuesday".

Ha would you believe NBT spent new years alone in his apartment being emo & pondering his future?
Troy Brown

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
young juice wrote:
I live in CA if I was to spend hundreds of dollars I would want to go to the New England Metalfest.

Like I said in the before page I an trying to put together my own festival for out here in the Bay Area. There is a festival but it is in LA and isn't really that good.

Slaughter By The Water isn't really mediocre at all. It's a local Bay Area Thrash fest. I didn't go this summer cuz I didn't want to go alone.

New England Metalfest is overpriced garbage in the cesspool of the Northeast.

The Palladium is easily one of the worst venues in the country, maybe THE worst now that CBGB's has been put out of its misery (sacrilege I know, but that place was awful in every way imaginable)

Yeah, metalfest sucks. Really badly. Not only does it force you to go to the Palladium, but the bill always sucks. I went a few years ago I think it was for Hatebreed and the Risk Taken. Then we left.

Hatebreed's 10th anniversary show was really cool, too. Hatebreed, Converge, Crowbar in one night. But that isn't a fest. Don't they still run that back to school jam up there?

ELRammy
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBT for real has no idea how he got sucked neck deep into the soap opera of a relationship he has been in. My new years resolution is to get busy and get distracted.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for realz, resolutions are more nbt time and getting busy. less ff, more going out, less biddie, more friends. When NBT was in sydney & in college, I knew what I was doing virtually every our of every day. life was busy and life was fun, and time went by so much faster. it was partially location, but t was also people.

What a crappy feeling it is to realize you don't enjoy life or look forward to the day nearly as much as you used to not long ago. I suppose that realisation was a long time coming. Maybe the old timers here know what im referring to, or maybe not. but its true.

too much ff, too much biddie, too much laziness. nbt really hasnt been nbt in a while. I dont kow how you do it sciz. but the "settled down & serious relationship in your early 20s just isnt me. i want friend swith benfits & peopel to be close with without the drama or sense of commitment.
homerjay24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Love to get DeAndre Hopkins. I love his outs and comeback routes.

I'm just starting to do some homework on him after seeing him drafted to the Pats in a mock. Looks very intriguing. The Pats need to hit on a receiver this draft, whether they resign Welker or not, and Hopkins looks like a key candidate if he lasts that far in the 1st. Looks like he can run lots of routes and has some good production this year.
Rec: 100 (3rd in NFL)
Yds: 1,172 (9th in NFL)
TDs: 4
Stickin' it in Bill's face one game at a time.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most Pts scored in a season.
1) NE 2007
2) Viks 1998
3) NE 2010
4) NE 2012.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
1) NE 2007
2) Viks 1998

3) NE 2010
4) NE 2012.

Wink
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NextBigThing wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
1) NE 2007
2) Viks 1998
3) NE 2010
4) NE 2012

Wink

Very Happy
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
NextBigThing wrote:
NinjaZX6R wrote:
1) NE 2007
2) Viks 1998
3) NE 2010
4) NE 2012

Wink

Very Happy

Call me silly but records and numbers like that mean absolutely nothing to me considering none of those top 3 teams won the Super Bowl.

Outside of Moss homers and Vikings fans, how many people remember the 1998 Vikings as a top 3 offense (and tops ever at the time in terms of points)? All they remember is Gary Andersen's missed FG.
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_7FAsUT6FePU/TMcPfwkupCI/AAAAAAAABW8/PbfnZXy-3cs/s1600/romo2.jpg

lol
NinjaZX6R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Scott Pioli hires BoB....

Last edited by NinjaZX6R on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:

Not sure when you first started going to shows, but it's really quite striking comparing the late 80's to the late 90's to the late 00's. There's always plenty of idiots but the degree to which there is infighting and a need to assert musical superiority is off the charts these days.

I'm not that old, but to me it seems like music has gone from being moreso something you listen to something you wear, like a nice coat or a purse. For example, stores sell "lifestyles" and looks that are for people in a particular musical scene. People feel the need to "identify" by the music they like. That causes all the infighting-type stuff, because getting more obscure and genre-specific with what you like (I only listen to indie-polka-folk-jazz! everything else blows!) is the way people like that form a unique identity. And by staking their individuality to the music they like, they perceive people not liking it as some kind of personal attack.

Silly and childish... that's people I suppose. Maybe it was always like that, I don't know.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NinjaZX6R wrote:
Mayne Scott Pioli hires BoB....

I cant see him speding 9 mill to buyout of his PsU contract.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

24isthelaw wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Not sure when you first started going to shows, but it's really quite striking comparing the late 80's to the late 90's to the late 00's. There's always plenty of idiots but the degree to which there is infighting and a need to assert musical superiority is off the charts these days.

I'm not that old, but to me it seems like music has gone from being moreso something you listen to something you wear, like a nice coat or a purse. For example, stores sell "lifestyles" and looks that are for people in a particular musical scene. People feel the need to "identify" by the music they like. That causes all the infighting-type stuff, because getting more obscure and genre-specific with what you like (I only listen to indie-polka-folk-jazz! everything else blows!) is the way people like that form a unique identity. And by staking their individuality to the music they like, they perceive people not liking it as some kind of personal attack.

Silly and childish... that's people I suppose. Maybe it was always like that, I don't know.

It's always been an identity and a cause of friction but usually it's between the mainstream and the counterculture (e.g. the greasers vs. the conservative lettermen types, the hippies vs. the war supporters, the punks of the 80's or the grunge movement in the 90's). What's really changed is the degree to which "underground" movements have begun to clash which each other (though there's always been some of that).

It used to be that when those types of groups clashed it was over legitimate ideal differences (e.g. the punks vs. what was left of the modern hippie movement in the late 70's /early 80's). Now, as you said, it's a competition as to who likes the most underground, most obscure, most this and most that music and anyone who doesn't is clearly an idiot. There's really little understanding of the true ideals of most of these movements and what they're supposed to be about.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 22 of 100

Jump to: