Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ugLymayNe


Joined: 31 Oct 2006
Posts: 12447
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember what Profootballtalk ran with in the 2010 playoffs, Gizmo?
_________________
@PJHotel_

Sig brought to you by Justo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17793
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Mike Florio, the a$$hat

I'm Mike Florio, the idiot
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8121
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.packers.com/media-center/infographics/2013-aaron-rodgers.html?icampaign=hot_topics
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willink


Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 11462
Location: Albany, NY
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers after his squad won a dodgeball competition today: "I've watched 'Dodgeball' many times, and I've followed the five D's in dodgeball dodge, duck, dip, dive and, of course, dodge," he said. "Patches O'Houlihan and I are good buddies."


http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/Aaron-Rodgers-captains-dodgeball-champions/3711d611-6741-4b90-a6f5-f7bd61b7d834?campaign=fb130606
_________________

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17793
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome.

http://espn.go.com/i/otl/20130627_kids/aaron.pdf
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CheeseheadinMA


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 930
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
This is awesome.

http://espn.go.com/i/otl/20130627_kids/aaron.pdf


In what context is this to be taken? Who wrote this?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willink


Joined: 26 Nov 2007
Posts: 11462
Location: Albany, NY
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CheeseheadinMA wrote:
GBPACKMAN4LIFE wrote:
This is awesome.

http://espn.go.com/i/otl/20130627_kids/aaron.pdf


In what context is this to be taken? Who wrote this?


http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/9418365/notes-younger-self
_________________

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LewisPhillips


Joined: 30 Nov 2009
Posts: 439
Location: South Korea
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our boy was voted number 6 by the players in the top 100 list.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000215266/article/aaron-rodgers-of-packers-too-low-on-nfl-top-100-list

Aaron Rodgers I appreciate you a lot more than the NFL players do thankfully so does Greg Rosenthal.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NormSizedMidget


Joined: 28 Mar 2011
Posts: 2050
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I about threw things at my TV while I listened to every single player talk about Manning like he's never made a mistake or thrown an INT.

They act like he knows what the defense is doing every play yet he threw those 200+ INTs in purpose I guess.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dijatool


Joined: 17 Feb 2013
Posts: 360
Location: SoCal
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
I about threw things at my TV while I listened to every single player talk about Manning like he's never made a mistake or thrown an INT.

They act like he knows what the defense is doing every play yet he threw those 200+ INTs in purpose I guess.

Manning had a hell of a comeback season, I figured he'd be in the conversation. Calvin Johnson and Brady, especially Brady really surprised me.

I blame Brady's high position on the press who continue to talk about Brady like it's 2007. It's not and he's not playing the way he was then.

I wasn't tempted to throw anything at anything, it's just another chip for the already loaded shoulder of number 12.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tohnren


Joined: 29 Mar 2010
Posts: 900
Location: South Carolina
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the actual criteria used to determine rankings in these types of lists is often times a bit confusing. Is this a ranking of players in order of most valuable to their teams? How about most talented at there position relative to other players at their positions? Does it deal with historical performance? Potential future performance?

If we're using the first criteria, I see no justification for Rodgers' placement at number 6 on this list. That's just ridiculous. In fact, using almost any reasonable set of criteria Rodgers' placement at 6 seems absurd to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packers FTW


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 873
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no guys...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8dH4EKndjU&feature=player_embedded

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13800
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the seasons that Watt and Peterson just had, I can get down with them being ahead of Rodgers. But any lower then 3rd is wrong. He's the best player at the most important position in the league.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
chaosisgolden


Joined: 02 Mar 2007
Posts: 2286
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tohnren wrote:
I think that the actual criteria used to determine rankings in these types of lists is often times a bit confusing. Is this a ranking of players in order of most valuable to their teams? How about most talented at there position relative to other players at their positions? Does it deal with historical performance? Potential future performance?

If we're using the first criteria, I see no justification for Rodgers' placement at number 6 on this list. That's just ridiculous. In fact, using almost any reasonable set of criteria Rodgers' placement at 6 seems absurd to me.


I believe it is solely based on player votes. Each player makes up their own list of 100 and it's determined from there.

So basically, it means nothing outside of NFL street cred. That's why has-been players keeping making the list. IE. Woodson.
_________________
Thrillhouse wrote:
Thankfully, Ted only sees players as 1's and 0's...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JBURGE25


Joined: 25 Jan 2012
Posts: 12351
Location: Canadia
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#5 LOL give me a break. I could accept #4 I suppose with Watt Calvin and AD ahead, but Manning and Brady is unacceptable
_________________

PSN: ShiiNyIV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 7 of 25

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group