Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svp

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
I like it too.

BECAUSE I read comics.

?That is why I like the pictures, I am bad with words.

Willink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reposting from last Rodgers appreciation thread:

Quote:
Speaking three years and one day after signing that deal – a six-year, $65 million contract that he signed after making just seven NFL starts – Rodgers said Tuesday on his weekly radio show on ESPNMilwaukee and ESPNMadison that he’s not thinking about when the team might tear up the remaining three years of his deal and sign him to a new extension.

“It’s not something I think about,” said Rodgers, who is represented by David Dunn, who handles many of the top quarterbacks’ contracts. “We were so blessed to be able to have that contract done in 2008. We knew at the time that was more money than I ever could have imagined signing for, and it was a no brainer for me. But we knew if I performed the way I felt I was capable of performing, that by league standards that by the time I got into my third or fourth or fifth season, that I’d be underpaid by league standards.

“But I don’t look at it that way. I look at it as I’m fortunate to make the kind of money I make and be in the situation I’m in and be with the Packers’ organization. I want to retire as a Packer. They know that, the fans know that, my teammates know that, and this is where I want to be. I’m not worried about (a new contract). We’re still a few years away from me completing this deal, and whenever it comes time to make a new deal, I’m looking forward to maybe signing my last deal, playing it out, and retiring.”

Quote:
If I have not lost my mind I can sometimes hear it preparing to defect
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he's saying we can play him untill his deal runs out and he'll sign back for cheap (In Quarterback terms)
smetana34

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mattwaukee wrote:
So he's saying we can play him untill his deal runs out and he'll sign back for cheap (In Quarterback terms)

No. He made more money than what he deserved a few years ago, and he's playing for less than he deserves now. He understands it all evens out in the end and isn't going to squabble asking for a new contract before his current one is done.

Or that's at least how I understood it.

Uncle Buck: "I'm expecting Kate Beckinsale to dump her husband and run away with me."

incognito_man wrote:

you probably have better odds of running off with Tebow.
Bears Are Legit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packerfanman4 wrote:
I don't really see an argument for any other QB other than Rodgers as the MVP unless you want to play the "he lost one more game" card or base the decision heavily on bulk yardage thrown for. I think AP should get the award because he is just a freak, but if the QB trend continues, gotta be AR. His stats are a lot better than I thought.

Rodgers has a better QBR than both Manning and Brady, more TDs than both, better rushing numbers than both, higher YPA than Brady, less turnovers than Manning (and equal INTs to Brady), etc. He just has fewer total yards than each.

He's performed better in big games against playoff opponents. He has been on fire against playoff teams...

Rodgers: 6 games, 166/236 (70% completions), 1,834 yards, 7.77 YPA, 17 TDs, 3 INTs, 111.7 QB rating
Brady: 6 games, 168/265 (63% completions), 2,014 yards, 7.61 YPA, 12 TDs, 4 INTs, 95.4 QB rating
Manning: 5 games, 125/197 (63% completions), 1,404 yards, 7.2 YPA, 10 TDs, 5 INTs, 90.9 QB rating

His splits are better in the 4th quarter, in close games (decided by one score or less), in the red zone, and on the road.

We truly have the best QB in the league. Those stats against playoff bound teams are awesome.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all this season. Going back three years totaled? Rodge hasn't had a QB rating under 80 in the regular season since he got concussed against Detroit in 2010. Hasn't had a multi-INT game since the Minnesota game that same year, which was in October 2010.

This bodes well for the playoffs, especially in Lambeau; Rodgers QB rating in games with below 40 degree temperatures is 122 since '10. In those games he's thrown 24 touchdowns and 3 interceptions - rocking a solid 8:1 ratio of TD:INT. Rodgers also gets better as games go on. In the 2nd half is QB rating over these three years hovers around the 120 mark as well. His rating and TD:INT ratio increases as you look at how many attempts he has had in games as well.

Lastly, who says Rodgers hasn't played well in close games? Absolute bogus. In close games (1 score differential) he leads the NFL is QB rating and YPA. In the 4th quarter of those games his QBR is over 115 and he has thrown just one interception.

Yeah.

Bears Are Legit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game of Thrones and Aaron Rodgers are my 2 favorite things.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
343-521, 65.7%, 4266 yards, 34 TD, 9 INT, 105.6 rating

That is Aaron's average season is his first five years as a starter.

I appreciate Aaron Rodgers.

For comparison's sake. Here are Brady and Manning's career average seasons...

Brady: 344-540, 63.7%, 4065 yards, 30 TD, 11 INT, 96.5 rating
Manning: 363-556, 65.2%, 4249 yards, 31 TD, 15 INT, 95.7 rating
Feel the need to quote this as it was overshadowed by an awesome picture.

It sucks that in the grand scheme of MVP voting, Rodgers is basically playing against his own standards and not the standards around the league. How else would it explain the lack of his mention amongst the media for MVP?

#JDI
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
343-521, 65.7%, 4266 yards, 34 TD, 9 INT, 105.6 rating

That is Aaron's average season is his first five years as a starter.

I appreciate Aaron Rodgers.

For comparison's sake. Here are Brady and Manning's career average seasons...

Brady: 344-540, 63.7%, 4065 yards, 30 TD, 11 INT, 96.5 rating
Manning: 363-556, 65.2%, 4249 yards, 31 TD, 15 INT, 95.7 rating
Feel the need to quote this as it was overshadowed by an awesome picture.

It sucks that in the grand scheme of MVP voting, Rodgers is basically playing against his own standards and not the standards around the league.
How else would it explain the lack of his mention amongst the media for MVP?

I said something along these lines either on the General or Comparison forums here a week or so ago and got laughed at by a couple of guys. Confused I truly believe he IS competing against himself and the media/voters have raised his bar so damn high it will take another superhuman season like his 2011 for him to be even in the conversation for MVP again any time soon. If any other QB outside of Denver or Boston was putting up his numbers this year he'd be a shoe-in for the award.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via PFF

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers beat out Robert Griffin III for the most accurate quarterback of the year at an Accuracy Percentage of 80.2%. That is the second-best mark in the past five years, just behind Rodgers of 2011 at 80.6%.

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
packers88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure its been posted around here sometime before, but still really cool..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhTnFi4MFEk

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers 2012

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000121743/2012-Best-of-Aaron-Rodgers

Boner....

Can you say boner on here?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope I'm not jinxing anything but I need help to confirm.

Rodgers has thrown 84 TD passes in the last 2 seasons. I believe this is the most in a two season stretch but I'm not positive.

Marino 78
Manning 78
Brady not close
justo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:

Rodgers has thrown 84 TD passes in the last 2 seasons. I believe this is the most in a two season stretch but I'm not positive.

Marino 78
Manning 78
Brady not close
Brees has it 88 TDs (2011-2012)
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tabbaker wrote:

Marino 78
Manning 78
Brady not close
One major omission here...

Drew Brees has 89 over the same two seasons...

#JDI
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From STATS.com in November:

Quote:
After throwing only three TD passes in his first three games of 2012, Aaron Rodgers has thrown for 22 touchdowns in his last six contests. Rodgers now has 70 TD passes in the last two seasons, second only to Drew Brees' 71; no player has ever thrown 80 TD passes in a two-year span.

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/preview.asp?g=20121118008

So,

1. Brees, 89
2. Rodgers, 84

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.

Last edited by GBPACKMAN4LIFE on Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 4 of 47

Jump to: