Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GBPACKMAN4LIFE

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a dream that it was Week 1, and the Packers were opening up in Minnesota, and Rodgers threw two interceptions in the last 90 seconds of the game and we lost, 39 (or 38] - 31.

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Then I realized that can only happen in dreams (nightmares).

Also, this is a muhfuggin bada$$ right hurr

http://www.eonline.com/news/554202/olivia-munn-brings-aaron-rodgers-as-her-date-to-deliver-us-from-evil-screening-see-the-cute-pics

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
svp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Birthday Olivia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olivia_Munn

ask for superbowl(s)

profit

Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally hope we ride Rodgers into the ground like untill he isn't not in a wheelchair lol.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was a real knee slapper that Rodgers in #11 in the 2014 100 top players list. Confused

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I think it was a real knee slapper that Rodgers in #11 in the 2014 100 top players list. Confused

That should ignored until it goes away or is massively changed. So flawed.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

So you think Aaron's 8 game season is better than, say, Peyton Manning's record breaking 16 game season or Brady's 16 game season?

The rankings are dumb but Aaron's position outside the top 10 is fair IMO.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Pugger wrote:

So you think Aaron's 8 game season is better than, say, Peyton Manning's record breaking 16 game season or Brady's 16 game season?

If they were ranking the 2013 season, that argument would make sense. It's a prediction of how they think the 2014 season will play out if we're judging off of the title.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Pugger wrote:

If they were ranking the 2013 season, that argument would make sense. It's a prediction of how they think the 2014 season will play out if we're judging off of the title.

No, it's an evaluation of 2013-2014 season, so they call it the 2014 Top 100 in reference to the season that ended in 2014 rather than the one that began in 2014.

Sort of convoluted.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Pugger wrote:

No, it's an evaluation of 2013-2014 season, so they call it the 2014 Top 100 in reference to the season that ended in 2014 rather than the one that began in 2014.

Sort of convoluted.

It's supposed to be both based on something they Tweeted a few weeks ago.

The issue is I believe they only have players rate the top 20. Which makes no sense. It's also rushed, biased VOTE MY BUDDY trash.

The idea wasn't completely terrible on it's face, but the application of it is hilarious.
byzr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

yeah i think if anything he may have been overrated. it's a ranking on the best players of 2013 not best in the league but from that year. he had a great year no doubt but he missed half the season. Manning will be #1 since he had a phenomenal season breaking records and just making it look easy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
Pugger wrote:

yeah i think if anything he may have been overrated. it's a ranking on the best players of 2013 not best in the league but from that year. he had a great year no doubt but he missed half the season. Manning will be #1 since he had a phenomenal season breaking records and just making it look easy.

They're directed to vote on last year and going forward. I've seen them give the directions.

Guys who didn't play a snap the year before have made the list IIRC. So it's NOT just last year.

Either way, a big emphasis is on it. Most players probably don't even know how they're voting. Some don't care.

It's why Kuhn got top 20 votes. lol
byzr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Sort of convoluted.

The issue is I believe they only have players rate the top 20. Which makes no sense. It's also rushed, biased VOTE MY BUDDY trash.

The idea wasn't completely terrible on it's face, but the application of it is hilarious.

i've seen the cards they write on and i believe it's got a 100 lines on it. i like that it's only the players that make the list. no fans, coaches, or media guys who might be biased. of course players pick themselves and guys on their team but i don't there is any better to judge other players around the league than the players themselves.

i love the NFL network i could watch it 24 hours a day with the exception of watching the NFL AM over and over again. i remember thinking it wouldn't last because they wouldn't have enough programming but they do some great stuff.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byzr wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Pugger wrote:

Sort of convoluted.

i've seen the cards they write on and i believe it's got a 100 lines on it. i like that it's only the players that make the list. no fans, coaches, or media guys who might be biased. of course players pick themselves and guys on their team but i don't there is any better to judge other players around the league than the players themselves.

i love the NFL network i could watch it 24 hours a day with the exception of watching the NFL AM over and over again. i remember thinking it wouldn't last because they wouldn't have enough programming but they do some great stuff.

Tom Crabtree swears he's never met a player who filled out the list.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 20..........

"So we asked NFL Network to explain the process, and to confirm that players indeed cast ballots for the list.

Ideally, all players would do it. This year, the league says only 481 of them actually did. Thatís 28.3 percent of all active players.

ďAll players are given the opportunity to vote through ballots we send to all 32 teams around Thanksgiving,Ē NFL Network spokesman Alex Riethmiller told PFT via email. ďFor convenience sake, we try to time it with Pro Bowl balloting, so they can do them together. In addition to ballots collected that way, we also give ballots to many of the players that we interview for our shows. This year, in total, we received 481 votes.Ē

To vote, each player lists only his top 20 players in the league. The player listed at No. 1 gets 20 points, the player listed at No. 2 gets 19 points, and the process continues until the player listed at No. 20 gets one point.

So itís really not a ďtop 100″ list. Itís the 100 players who received the highest vote totals from players who attempted to list their personal top 20, presumably without the benefit of all 32 rosters or starting lineups or Pro Bowl qualifiers or anything else that would ensure they arenít accidentally overlooking someone as they pull 20 names out of thin air."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/inside-the-top-100-voting-process/

Though the paper they hold certainly looks like over 20 lines, it may be for sure for TV so that doesn't get out widespread.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:

Tom Crabtree swears he's never met a player who filled out the list.

And Whitner, and Barwin, and McAfee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 23 of 25

Jump to: