Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread v2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
driftwood


Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 6373
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesdays with Aaron started today (every Tuesday @ 1:30)


anyway ARod pretty much said that Jolly will be the biggest part of the teams success this year... apparently the locker room loves that guy including Rodgers himself

he had big praise for the big man... it was surprising to hear how fond of JJ they are
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
svp


Joined: 11 Sep 2011
Posts: 1025
Location: I took a football shaped pill and felt better.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked Aaron Rodgers
push tackle. Very Happy
_________________
svp wrote:
Who cares?


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packerbacker87


Joined: 19 Feb 2007
Posts: 8146
Location: Zone 6
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Tuesdays with Aaron started today (every Tuesday @ 1:30)


anyway ARod pretty much said that Jolly will be the biggest part of the teams success this year... apparently the locker room loves that guy including Rodgers himself

he had big praise for the big man... it was surprising to hear how fond of JJ they are


He and his line played the part no doubt.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyers0909


Joined: 03 Feb 2006
Posts: 8463
Location: Rochester, NY
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The King Stay the King


Mays: Six days ago, when Michael Vick dropped 26 first-half points on the Redskins, it was enough to make us lose our minds. When Aaron Rodgers puts up 24 ó and 335 yards in two quarters ó nobody thinks twice about it. Thatís where we are with Aaron Rodgers. Heís already boring.

Week 1 is our annual opportunity to overreact to everything and everyone, and thankfully, Rodgers was there yesterday to be a corrective force. Peyton Manning threw seven touchdown passes a week ago, Kaepernick outdueled Rodgers in a revenge game that the Chip on Aaron Rodgersís Shoulder usually salivates for, and Chip Kelly started the offensive revolution. Yet a week later, football is still football, and Rodgers is still better than everyone else.

What separates Rodgers from the previous two owners of the QB Belt is the way he moves. Tom Brady and Manning both were experts at subtly navigating the pocket ó a sidestep here, a step up there. But what Rodgers can do on the move ó especially going to his left ó is something I don't remember seeing elsewhere.

Itís what Rodgers did on the most impressive play of his 480-yard day ó a play that actually didnít count. On a play-action pass down in the red zone early in the second quarter, Rodgers faked a handoff and began drifting to his left. Thatís the important distinction. Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck can make plays rolling left ó and often do ó but the difference is that Rodgers never looks like heís in a hurry. Somehow, he buys time and space while always keeping his feet parallel to the line of scrimmage. And this time, as he did it, he managed to hit a sliding Jordy Nelson in the back corner of the end zone, with a throw that could not have been more perfect. The score was nullified because of a hold, but thatís not whatís important here. The whole thing defies my understanding of quarterbacking, physics, and the rules of the universe.

Manning has made his case so far, but when it all settles at seasonís end, Rodgers will likely remain at the top. And the most incredible part of it all is just how easy he makes it look.


http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/74620/nfl-run-shootaround-booms-day
_________________

^^^ Rammy on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Packers FTW


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 881
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Quote:
The King Stay the King


Mays: Six days ago, when Michael Vick dropped 26 first-half points on the Redskins, it was enough to make us lose our minds. When Aaron Rodgers puts up 24 ó and 335 yards in two quarters ó nobody thinks twice about it. Thatís where we are with Aaron Rodgers. Heís already boring.

Week 1 is our annual opportunity to overreact to everything and everyone, and thankfully, Rodgers was there yesterday to be a corrective force. Peyton Manning threw seven touchdown passes a week ago, Kaepernick outdueled Rodgers in a revenge game that the Chip on Aaron Rodgersís Shoulder usually salivates for, and Chip Kelly started the offensive revolution. Yet a week later, football is still football, and Rodgers is still better than everyone else.

What separates Rodgers from the previous two owners of the QB Belt is the way he moves. Tom Brady and Manning both were experts at subtly navigating the pocket ó a sidestep here, a step up there. But what Rodgers can do on the move ó especially going to his left ó is something I don't remember seeing elsewhere.

Itís what Rodgers did on the most impressive play of his 480-yard day ó a play that actually didnít count. On a play-action pass down in the red zone early in the second quarter, Rodgers faked a handoff and began drifting to his left. Thatís the important distinction. Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck can make plays rolling left ó and often do ó but the difference is that Rodgers never looks like heís in a hurry. Somehow, he buys time and space while always keeping his feet parallel to the line of scrimmage. And this time, as he did it, he managed to hit a sliding Jordy Nelson in the back corner of the end zone, with a throw that could not have been more perfect. The score was nullified because of a hold, but thatís not whatís important here. The whole thing defies my understanding of quarterbacking, physics, and the rules of the universe.

Manning has made his case so far, but when it all settles at seasonís end, Rodgers will likely remain at the top. And the most incredible part of it all is just how easy he makes it look.


http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/74620/nfl-run-shootaround-booms-day


Need a gif of that play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Pugger


Joined: 01 May 2010
Posts: 8420
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyers0909 wrote:
Quote:
The King Stay the King


Mays: Six days ago, when Michael Vick dropped 26 first-half points on the Redskins, it was enough to make us lose our minds. When Aaron Rodgers puts up 24 ó and 335 yards in two quarters ó nobody thinks twice about it. Thatís where we are with Aaron Rodgers. Heís already boring.

Week 1 is our annual opportunity to overreact to everything and everyone, and thankfully, Rodgers was there yesterday to be a corrective force. Peyton Manning threw seven touchdown passes a week ago, Kaepernick outdueled Rodgers in a revenge game that the Chip on Aaron Rodgersís Shoulder usually salivates for, and Chip Kelly started the offensive revolution. Yet a week later, football is still football, and Rodgers is still better than everyone else.

What separates Rodgers from the previous two owners of the QB Belt is the way he moves. Tom Brady and Manning both were experts at subtly navigating the pocket ó a sidestep here, a step up there. But what Rodgers can do on the move ó especially going to his left ó is something I don't remember seeing elsewhere.

Itís what Rodgers did on the most impressive play of his 480-yard day ó a play that actually didnít count. On a play-action pass down in the red zone early in the second quarter, Rodgers faked a handoff and began drifting to his left. Thatís the important distinction. Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck can make plays rolling left ó and often do ó but the difference is that Rodgers never looks like heís in a hurry. Somehow, he buys time and space while always keeping his feet parallel to the line of scrimmage. And this time, as he did it, he managed to hit a sliding Jordy Nelson in the back corner of the end zone, with a throw that could not have been more perfect. The score was nullified because of a hold, but thatís not whatís important here. The whole thing defies my understanding of quarterbacking, physics, and the rules of the universe.

Manning has made his case so far, but when it all settles at seasonís end, Rodgers will likely remain at the top. And the most incredible part of it all is just how easy he makes it look.


http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/74620/nfl-run-shootaround-booms-day


Of course after his record setting day the talking heads at BSPN and NFLN didn't want to talk about another boring otherworldly performance by Rodgers. They wanted to dissect why RG3 played so poorly. Rolling Eyes
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrettFavre004


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 20178
Location: Galesville, WI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
Tuesdays with Aaron started today (every Tuesday @ 1:30)


anyway ARod pretty much said that Jolly will be the biggest part of the teams success this year... apparently the locker room loves that guy including Rodgers himself

he had big praise for the big man... it was surprising to hear how fond of JJ they are


Anyone know how to find this via iHeartRadio or TuneInRadio?
_________________


http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
CheeseheadinMA


Joined: 09 Jan 2011
Posts: 966
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Tuesdays with Aaron started today (every Tuesday @ 1:30)


anyway ARod pretty much said that Jolly will be the biggest part of the teams success this year... apparently the locker room loves that guy including Rodgers himself

he had big praise for the big man... it was surprising to hear how fond of JJ they are


Anyone know how to find this via iHeartRadio or TuneInRadio?


I hate the search tool on TuneInRadio, it's completely useless.

I usually wait till the next day and listen to the podcast.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 2257
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrettFavre004 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Tuesdays with Aaron started today (every Tuesday @ 1:30)


anyway ARod pretty much said that Jolly will be the biggest part of the teams success this year... apparently the locker room loves that guy including Rodgers himself

he had big praise for the big man... it was surprising to hear how fond of JJ they are


Anyone know how to find this via iHeartRadio or TuneInRadio?


ESPN Milwaukee has them to listen to in the audio vault. Does not take too long to get uploaded there, usually later in the day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17873
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
BrettFavre004 wrote:
driftwood wrote:
Tuesdays with Aaron started today (every Tuesday @ 1:30)


anyway ARod pretty much said that Jolly will be the biggest part of the teams success this year... apparently the locker room loves that guy including Rodgers himself

he had big praise for the big man... it was surprising to hear how fond of JJ they are


Anyone know how to find this via iHeartRadio or TuneInRadio?


ESPN Milwaukee has them to listen to in the audio vault. Does not take too long to get uploaded there, usually later in the day.


That's how I usually listen to it. Check Jason Wilde's twitter feed for when he tweets it out.

https://twitter.com/jasonjwilde
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GBPACKMAN4LIFE


Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 17873
Location: Spokane, WA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hot off the airwaves!

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/stations/wauk/media/mpeg/09_17_13_Tuesdays_With_Aaron-1379445797.mp3

#yourewelcome
_________________

Ernest Hemingway wrote:
My aim is to put down on paper what I see and what I feel in the best and simplest way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BrettFavre004


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 20178
Location: Galesville, WI
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________


http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=17
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
squire12


Joined: 15 Mar 2013
Posts: 2257
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have the ESPN Radio App, you can select the various ESPN radio stations across the country. The Aaron Rodgers Show (with Jason Wilde) airs on the ESPN Madison affiliate (FM 100.5) on Tuesdays at 500pm. Not sure if the Milwaukee ESPN affiliate carries it as well (AM 540).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31135
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
If you have the ESPN Radio App, you can select the various ESPN radio stations across the country. The Aaron Rodgers Show (with Jason Wilde) airs on the ESPN Madison affiliate (FM 100.5) on Tuesdays at 500pm. Not sure if the Milwaukee ESPN affiliate carries it as well (AM 540).


it's live at 1:30 (i think) on 540

i stream it at work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RashaanSalaami


Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 29864
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At his current pace of 537 attempts per 16 starts, Aaron Rodgers would need to play 31.4 healthy seasons to catch up to Brett Favre in interceptions. And 6.1 healthy seasons to catch up to Jay Cutler's total.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 10 of 29

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group