Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CW21's Christmas Day Mock (Merry Christmas!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
I wouldn't complain! I look for the Packers to release either Bishop or Smith at ILB, Jones has played himself into a job.
Shocked

That's some sort of crazy talk. Bishop is far better than Jones. Better on the blitz, better at the LOS, etc. Jones does a nice a job, but at most he's someone you resign to play 3rd lb and teams. I take Des 10/10 times.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone forget how awesome Bishop is? Him and Matthews were the only pass rush we had last year..

#FREEBARRINGTON
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
I wouldn't complain! I look for the Packers to release either Bishop or Smith at ILB, Jones has played himself into a job.
Shocked

That's some sort of crazy talk. Bishop is far better than Jones. Better on the blitz, better at the LOS, etc. Jones does a nice a job, but at most he's someone you resign to play 3rd lb and teams. I take Des 10/10 times.

I don't think it's that crazy at all.

Bishop in 2011: 90 Solo Tk, 115 Tot Tk, 5 sacks, 5TFL, 1 Pass defend, 0 Int, 2 FF

Smith/Jones in 2012: 82 Solo Tk, 111 Tot Tk, 4 sacks, 7 TFL, 8 Pass defend, 0 Int, 1FF

Nearly identical, if not better, production out of Jones/Smith.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget Jones was the 4th ILB to get the nod this year while Bishop is the #1. If Bishop is let go it's more durability concerns and not level of play IMO.

#FREEBARRINGTON
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
Shocked

Bishop in 2011: 90 Solo Tk, 115 Tot Tk, 5 sacks, 5TFL, 1 Pass defend, 0 Int, 2 FF

Smith/Jones in 2012: 82 Solo Tk, 111 Tot Tk, 4 sacks, 7 TFL, 8 Pass defend, 0 Int, 1FF

Bishop 2011: 43 Stops
Jones/Smith 2012: 43 Stops

Bishop 2011: 853 Snaps
Jones/Smith 2012: 1001 Snaps

The only number that Jones/Smith best Bishop on is Passes Defensed. The rest, by a per snap basis, give Bishop a lean. Having Jones in coverage is something I've been asking about for at least a year now. IMO he should be in on obvious pass plays in a coverage role similar to Chillar for us. If we were to resign Jones (I doubt it, more pressing matters) I think he gets something similar to, but not quite what Chillar got. Maybe 4 years 15-18mil with 4-5 guaranteed.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
Shocked

The only number that Jones/Smith best Bishop on is Passes Defensed. The rest, by a per snap basis, give Bishop a lean. Having Jones in coverage is something I've been asking about for at least a year now. IMO he should be in on obvious pass plays in a coverage role similar to Chillar for us. If we were to resign Jones (I doubt it, more pressing matters) I think he gets something similar to, but not quite what Chillar got. Maybe 4 years 15-18mil with 4-5 guaranteed.

I would want no part of Jones at that price.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

justo wrote:
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jones has played at a level that likely raises his price beyond what the Pack are going to foot to bring him back. Give me a healthy Bishop in this base defense over Jones every day that ends in Y. Manning will be the sub package ILB next year.
duxrule

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st of all....lets go back to the draft portion of this: NO WAY is TT giving up that many picks to take a lineman....I don't care WHO it is. Not happening and GLAD it's not happening. WOW. I'll take Barrett later and keep the picks, thank you.

2nd....let DBish go for Jones??? People on here have very short-term memories I guess. Crazy talk.
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="justo"]This is the first mock I have seen us with two 4th rounds picks. Is this a real life thing? I have seen 4th and 6th because of the Saturday pick up or just a 4th.

Um....must have forgotten this one I'm guessing? http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=504919

The 4th rd comp seems to be a given. It's what we get for Wells after signing Saturday. Like have said on this site before, there's a guy out there who is usually dead on with figuring comp picks and has us with a 4th for Flynn and a 7th for Wells.

I'm not crazy for giving up picks to move up for a LT. When I read the trade thought it was going to be for a Defensive stud.
justo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Terranimal"]
justo wrote:
This is the first mock I have seen us with two 4th rounds picks. Is this a real life thing? I have seen 4th and 6th because of the Saturday pick up or just a 4th.

Um....must have forgotten this one I'm guessing? http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=504919

The 4th rd comp seems to be a given. It's what we get for Wells after signing Saturday. Like have said on this site before, there's a guy out there who is usually dead on with figuring comp picks and has us with a 4th for Flynn and a 7th for Wells.

I'm not crazy for giving up picks to move up for a LT. When I read the trade thought it was going to be for a Defensive stud.
I meant two 4th round compensatory picks, my bad.

#FREEBARRINGTON
Terranimal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="justo"]
Terranimal wrote:
justo wrote:
This is the first mock I have seen us with two 4th rounds picks. Is this a real life thing? I have seen 4th and 6th because of the Saturday pick up or just a 4th.

I meant two 4th round compensatory picks, my bad.

Oh.... Very Happy
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
Shocked

I will be corrected if I'm wrong, but isn't the WILB *supposed* to be the cover guy and the SILB the run defender? Bishop has better cover skills than Jones and definitely better than Smith IMO. Personally I consider Smith a SILB behind Hawk.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
Shocked

I will be corrected if I'm wrong, but isn't the WILB *supposed* to be the cover guy and the SILB the run defender? Bishop has better cover skills than Jones and definitely better than Smith IMO. Personally I consider Smith a SILB behind Hawk.

Really? I think Jones is far better in coverage than Bishop. it's about his only downfall as a backer.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
wgbeethree wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
Jleisher wrote:
Shocked

Really? I think Jones is far better in coverage than Bishop. it's about his only downfall as a backer.

Bishop is more likely to have the splash play in coverage (big hit/INT) but also struggles to actually cover. Jones is a better coverage guy but won't make the splash play.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bishop only has one INT in his career.

One where Bert Berted and threw it from his hip, while falling back, right to him.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81b98900/Bishop-takes-Favre-pick-for-six

Bishop's coverage is pretty terrible and by far his weakest attribute IMO.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:

justo wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: