Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CW21's Christmas Day Mock (Merry Christmas!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CWood21

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: CW21's Christmas Day Mock (Merry Christmas!) Reply with quote

Scenario
~Packers win against Vikings and lock up the #2 seed.
~Packers face the 49ers in the second round, and win 17-12.
~Packers get a rematch against the Seahawks in the CC, and win 31-17.
~Packers face the Broncos and win 31-28.
~Packers are awarded the 32nd pick.
~Packers are awarded two (2) 4th round picks as compensatory picks for losing Scott Wells and Matt Flynn.
~Packers start with 8.47 million in cap space

Release/Restructures

Packers release Charles Woodson (Save 10 million)
~Charles is just making way TOO much money for him to be on the roster. He's got a 10 million dollar cap hold, and he's becoming more and more irrelevant with the emergence of our young defensive backs. There might be talks about a restructure, but I'm not sure he'd be willing to take the paycut the Packers would want.
New Cap Space: 18.47 million

Packers release Jeff Saturday (Save 3.75 million)
~He's already been replaced in the starting line up with Evan Dietrich-Smith, so it's only a matter of time before he's released. He just isn't the same guy that was the stalwart on the Colts line when he and Peyton Manning were in Indianapolis.
New Cap Space: 22.22 million

Packers extend Jermichael Finley for 3 years, 22 million (Base 7/4/4, Signing: 6 million, Roster/Workout: 1/0/0 -> Cap Hit: 10 million)
~He's really starting to come back into his own as a tight end, and the Packers probably prefer to lock him up now before he asks for the moon. They'll sign him now and put him in Green Bay for three more years.
New Cap Space: 19.07

Re-Signings

Re-Sign Evan Dietrich Smith (2 years, 5 million)
~He's our new starting center, and he'll be given every chance to compete for the starting job again next year.
New Cap Space: 17.07 million

1st Round Tender for Sam Shields ($2,878,628)
~He's playing extremely well right now, and will likely get an extension some time during the season.
New Cap Space: $14.19

2nd Round Tender for Tom Crabtree ($2,023,088)
~He's an important part of our blocking game, and adds value on special teams.
New Cap Space: $12.17

2012 NFL Draft

Packers Trade: 1st Round Pick, 3rd Round Pick, 4th Round Pick, 6th Round Pick
Rams Trade: 1st Round Pick (via WAS), 6th Round Pick

Round One

Eric Fisher [OT; Central Michigan]
The Packers can't afford to go into next season without shoring up their left tackle spot. Whether that means they know for sure that Derek Sherrod can perform at a high level at left tackle or the Packers trading up in the draft to ensure they get one of the top offensive tackles in the draft, left tackle is among the highest needs for this team. Eric Fisher has been a big riser in the draft process thus far and he's a really good prospect. He's got a lot of natural athleticism and looks like the part as a franchise left tackle prospect. He'll need a year of work, but the dividends could be big.

Round Two

Stepfan Taylor [RB; Stanford]
I've had my eye on this guy for a while now, and the more I watch of him the more convinced I am that he's going to be a great pro. The Packers haven't had a consistent running back since Ahman Green and it'd be nice if we could get a guy to fill the hole for the next six to eight years and not have to invest picks year in and year out in the position with minimal production. He fits our offense perfectly as he's a really good receiver out of the backfield and a willing pass protector.

Round Four A (Compensatory)

Ryan Swope [WR; Texas A&M]
Might be a bit of an odd selection, but there is quite a bit of depth in this year's wide receiver class even once you get past the top tier of receiver prospects. Swope can come in and step into that #4 role and produce right away. He's played with two different quarterbacks, and had very strong seasons. I think he'll fit in nicely in our receiving corps.

Round Four B (Compensatory)

Travis Long [OLB; Washington State]
Despite being on an AWFUL Washington State team, he's been quite productive posting at least 10 TFL the past three seasons, but finally exploded to double digit sacks this year. He's already got experience in a 34 defense, so the risk is less since there isn't any projection needed.

Round Five

Larry Black Jr. [DT; Indiana]
The Packers need to make it a priority to find a decent backup for B.J. Raji. Larry Black needs to add a bit more weight to his frame, but it looks like he could potentially be that guy.

Round Six

James Ferentz [C; Iowa]
He's the son of Iowa HC Kirk Ferentz and Iowa historically produces good offensive lineman, so you know he's really well coached. He'll develop and compete with Evan Dietrich-Smith for the center spot in the future.

Round Seven

Josh Johnson [CB; Purdue]
The Packers need more depth at the cornerback position, and if Randall Cobb is going to take that #1 WR role from Greg Jennings he's getting pulled from return duties. Johnson has experience doing so, so he will take over.

2013-14 Green Bay Packers
QB: Aaron Rodgers / Graham Harrell [2]
RB: Stepfan Taylor / James Starks / DaJuan Harris / Alex Green [6]
FB: John Kuhn [7]
WR: Randall Cobb / Jordy Nelson / James Jones / Ryan Swope / Jarrett Boykin [12]
TE: Jermichael Finley / Andrew Quarless / Tom Crabtree / Ryan Taylor [16]
LT: Derek Sherrod / Eric Fisher [18]
LG: T.J. Lang / Evan Dietrich-Smith [20]
C: Evan Dietrich-Smith / James Ferentz [21]
RG: Josh Sitton / Don Barclay [23]
RT: Bryan Bulaga / Marshall Newhouse [25]

LDE: Ryan Pickett / Mike Daniels [27]
NT: B.J. Raji / Larry Black Jr. [29]
RDE: C.J. Wilson / Jerel Worthy / Mike Neal [32]
LOLB: Nick Perry / Travis Long [34]
WILB: Desmond Bishop / Terrell Manning [36]
SILB: A.J. Hawk / D.J. Smith [38]
ROLB: Clay Matthews / Dezman Moses [40]
LCB: Tramon Williams / Davon House / Jarrett Bush [43]
FS: Morgan Burnett / M.D. Jennings [45]
SS: Jerron McMillian / Sean Richardson [47]
RCB: Sam Shields / Casey Heyward / Josh Johnson [50]

K: Mason Crosby
P: Tim Masthay
LS: Brett Goode [53]

Last edited by CWood21 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't like taking a RB in the 2nd. think we have something with harris and green working together. think we could use that 2nd on a more premium position

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas CWood, I think I speak for everyone when I say we all enjoy your presents on this site!
Now I love Fisher as much as any OT in this class but I am not sure I would move that much to snag him just because I am confident in Sherrod. I am not a big Taylor fan, but I can't trust Starks to stay healthy and I don't think Green or Harris are bell cow type backs. I really like the rest after that as long as we try out an UDFA kicker.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worst mock ive seen all year.
merry christmas.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn near perfect If I ever knew what perfect was.

Even should Fisher be gone, moving down for someone like Aboushi is an option.

Not sure we need CB depth, but a new return man would be welcome. Granted, Harris also has exp returning FWIH.

You must like McMillian as much as I do if you didn't draft a FS lol, especially given how husky this year's Safety class is.

Either you don't like this years QB class or like me you're confident in the ability of our coach to develop talent. Personally I think Coleman will beat out Harrell next year.

FA K and FB will probably be brought in. Possibly even more KRs.

Seeing mocks like this gets me fired up, even if the prospects are familiar.
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris/Green/Grant?/Starks?/Saine? should all have opportunities to be on the roster next season, so I don't really see the need for an RB that high. Pick 4 and move on, I guess Very Happy

The rest I can live with.

Thanks for the mock! Happy holidays!
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallMeBarrett wrote:
Harris/Green/Grant?/Starks?/Saine? should all have opportunities to be on the roster next season, so I don't really see the need for an RB that high. Pick 4 and move on, I guess Very Happy

Grant is old, and will not be returning next year. The only true feature back left in that set is Starks, and he's glass. Green>Harris>Saine. Actually wouldn't mind getting rid of Starks. Plenty of power backs in this class, so value could be found in other rounds if we want to run committee
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:

Grant is old, and will not be returning next year. The only true feature back left in that set is Starks, and he's glass. Green>Harris>Saine. Actually wouldn't mind getting rid of Starks. Plenty of power backs in this class, so value could be found in other rounds if we want to run committee

If Starks is glass, then what is Saine? Rolling Eyes
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallMeBarrett wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:

If Starks is glass, then what is Saine? Rolling Eyes

I'll tell you what he's not, a feature back. Thus your argument is invalid.
He's not a power back either, I guess that makes him cut. :shrug:
justo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the first mock I have seen us with two 4th rounds picks. Is this a real life thing? I have seen 4th and 6th because of the Saturday pick up or just a 4th.

Are we really going in 2013 with 3 of our 4 pack 1st rounders being OL? I guess it depends on who is on the board, but I feel like other spots can be upgraded higher than OL when Sherrod hasn't even really played football, yet. We can't even really bump them to G either because Lang/Sitton are making a decent amount of cash. If it's OL in the 1st I really hope it's Cooper or Jones TBH.

I like Taylor but I don't like him in the second. He's a guy that doesn't really do anything super well but does everything at pretty above average. I feel like we have guys on our roster already that did that in college. One thing he does have is good vision and I've never seen a guy his size chop his feet so much.

Swope is a way better Jeff Maehl IMO. Would love to nab a guy like him.

I like Travis Long. A guy from HR is on Wazzu and when he comes back he says he's the hardest worker on the field and in the weight room. If nothing else he's motivation for Perry and a solid SPT player.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I like Travis Long. A guy from HR is on Wazzu and when he comes back he says he's the hardest worker on the field and in the weight room. If nothing else he's motivation for Perry and a solid SPT player.
Rotation rotation rotation. If our 3-4 OLB are our equivalent to 4-3 DE, then a healthy rotation will only increase the production we see from that corp. Depth is a beautiful thing.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
Rotation rotation rotation. If our 3-4 OLB are our equivalent to 4-3 DE, then a healthy rotation will only increase the production we see from that corp. Depth is a beautiful thing.
Do we really need to rotate OLBs though? I mean Perry got worked out but I thought that was more because he wasn't totally ready to be in every snap. Clay doesn't really get rotated out as much as say the DL/WRs/RBs/CBs, right?
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
Do we really need to rotate OLBs though? I mean Perry got worked out but I thought that was more because he wasn't totally ready to be in every snap. Clay doesn't really get rotated out as much as say the DL/WRs/RBs/CBs, right?
My perspective is rotating him out every now and again (lets not kid ourselves, it won't be that many snaps, it's CM3 afterall) will keep him HEALTHY. I'm all for a healthy Clay not missing any games. While Moses could fulfill this roll, it'd still be nice. Besides, it's a 4th rounder, Manning is a 5th and hasn't seen the field all year. Never underestimate the power of depth, LB has taught us that this year.
Jleisher

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't complain! I look for the Packers to release either Bishop or Smith at ILB, Jones has played himself into a job.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jleisher wrote:
I wouldn't complain! I look for the Packers to release either Bishop or Smith at ILB, Jones has played himself into a job.
Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: