Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the National Championship game....I will take everyone on Alabama's line and put them with Pouncey....Since I can't have them all give me Warmack...dude is just Nasty...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Watching the National Championship game....I will take everyone on Alabama's line and put them with Pouncey....Since I can't have them all give me Warmack...dude is just Nasty...

I was watching just him and I wouldn't mind the Dolphins taking him the 1st.
The guy just looks football smart. Plus, he's just a beast like you said.

Still plenty of WR and CB talent in the second anyways.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niedermaier wrote:
MiaDolphan13 wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on Gholston from mich st???

I'm going to watch his film tonight. I've only seen him in limited time.

There can't be two terrible Gholstons Smile

He seems to me to be about 20 pounds too light for a DE but i could see him as an OLB project pick in the 4th. If we were talking about a NFL level player he should have much better stats the 4.5 sacks last season in the weak Big 10, although 59 takles for a DE is impressive, but i dont see a lot of footage of him lined up in the OLB or jack DE/OLB position. He gets pressure sometimes on the QB but not wih the consistancy you want to see in a starting pass rusher. If you were considering him as a DE for us i don see him as anything better then what we currently have on a deep DE roster.
Gholston is a 285 pound defensive end
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few players I really like (some have been mentioned already)

Matt Elam - I can't stand the Gators, but this kid is a damn good football player and could upgrade the defensive backfield and should be available in the second round. Not only will be a boost to the pass defense, but also the run defense.

Chance Warmack - The guy is physical and athletic and would provide protection and movement at the live of scrimmage. Watch the National Title game and see how well he moved to the second level against some of the best defenders in the NCAA.

Dee Milner - The guy has been very good for the Tide for his career and has phenomenal cover skills and is very physical. HE also has great size (6'1" 200) and is very smooth is his movement.

Tavon Austin - The guy is just explosive. Makes plays from number of positions and can simply embarrass defenders in the open field.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Tavon Austin - The guy is just explosive. Makes plays from number of positions and can simply embarrass defenders in the open field.

I would love for us to get Austin but we havent had much luck with WV players.. White and Slaton.

Adopt a Dolphwin - Lamar Miller
11 Rush - 59 Yards - 5.4 Avg - 1 TD [] 4 Rec - 19 Yards
draconis1410

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was watching Bama destory ND last night. I noticed that the players on Bama were for the most part, men playing with the boys of ND.

That O-Line for Bama was just nasty. Chance Warmack and Barrett Jones just man handled the interior of ND. The media was talking about how Louis Nix needed a double team to be blocked. But some plays that I saw (before i started getting bored) were Barrett Jones just solo blocking him easily. I was really impressed by Jones book and football smarts. He even got into it with McCarron over a snap count during a blowout...lol.

Dee Millner showed some great man to man coverage skills. He was able to deflect so many passes thrown his way. I can't believe ND actually targeted him to throw to. One of the bigger mistakes by Brian Kelly right there.

ND Side:

I was looking forward to Manti Te'o showing up. But he could not tackle the big and strong RB's of Bama. While he showed very good instincts in reading the play and getting behind the line to cause trouble back there. Te'o just couldnt get his hands on the RBs for the big play. It seems to me he lacks some strength to handle the bigger lineman's blocks.

Tyler Eifert showed some nice feet and hands catching the ball. He definitely needed a better QB throwing him the ball. But he lacks some of the speed you expect from an ELITE TE, but he is a tall, big target and he can get up there to catch the ball. But I didn't see anything special.

Cooper from Bama...man wish he was coming out. Maybe in a few years.

But Bama sure has some NFL talent on that team. They were dominant once again.

My choice for the 1st round.

Chance Warmack or Barrett Jones to protect the QB and give the running game even more openings.
PhinFan52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
understand it was Jones that was able to handle Nix ( the ND DT) 1-on-1 allowing the OG to get free to the 2nd lvl.. also Jones got to 2nd lvl and was hitting lb'ers on the move... just saying.. Jones played in 3 National Championship game 1 at LT.. 1 at OG.. 1 at C
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of draftniks have Warmack as a top 5 prospect.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhinFan52 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
understand it was Jones that was able to handle Nix ( the ND DT) 1-on-1 allowing the OG to get free to the 2nd lvl.. also Jones got to 2nd lvl and was hitting lb'ers on the move... just saying.. Jones played in 3 National Championship game 1 at LT.. 1 at OG.. 1 at C

I know...I would take Jones to. He had great leadership and has played almost every position. Warmack is already seen as the most Pro-ready prospect on the Tide. He's powerful, had fantastic movement and fills one of the bigger needs. It's not normal to draft an interior lineman in the top 20, but it worked out well with Pouncey and should work out with Warmack.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a few different mocks that had us taking OT Taylor Lewan from Michigan with our 12th pick. We won't have to worry about that anymore because he's gonna be staying for his senior year.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
I've seen a few different mocks that had us taking OT Taylor Lewan from Michigan with our 12th pick. We won't have to worry about that anymore because he's gonna be staying for his senior year.

I read that too....I heard that Jake Long had a some influence in his decision.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...are you guys WR thirsty enough to trade Jennings for a 2nd rounder? Maybe 3rd/4th?
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
So...are you guys WR thirsty enough to trade Jennings for a 2nd rounder? Maybe 3rd/4th?

Why trade? He's a Free Agent....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Nope.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emerica wrote:
justo wrote:

Nope.
Nope again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: