Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Draft Prospect Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: NFL Draft Prospect Thread Reply with quote

Post here your favorite draft prospects and various scouting reports. Try to avoid posting highlight tapes because they are kind of pointless in evaluating a player. Hopefully in a few months we will have quite a database and should make for some interesting debates.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In very limited tape, I watched NC State vs. Tennessee, and then Georgia vs. Tennessee. I was trying to watch Justin Hunter, the guy who ended up flashing was Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson looks to me like faster Brandon Marshall type player. He is currently slated as a late first round pick, but after the combine he has the chance to rise to the middle of the first round. Patterson is raw, and has limited tape because he is a JUCO guy but he has all the physical ability to be a big time receiver.

Patterson is your typical size/strength/speed dream. 6'3 205, projected 4.4 40 yard dash or faster. I saw him run a lot of fly routes, stop routes and then a deadly stop and go. He doesn't run the full route tree at Tennessee, but he can go to a team from day one and be a good deep threat as he develops. Willing blocker, excellent with the ball in hands too.

What I saw of Hunter, is what everyone else basically is saying. Hunter is the most natural receiver in the draft, but coming off an ACL tear last season he didn't look explosive. He supposedly was last year, so I will have to go look at some last year. Hunter (if explosion returns) looks like a good fit in the system. I saw him run a very sharp slant route, looks like he can be vertical as well as run sharp routes. With limited explosion I watched him excel at breaking the press. Hunter is interesting but I need assurance of that knee before I would consider him. Many have him as the best WR in the draft, but much like Robert Woods some of the professionals have dropped them to late first-second round pick.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Sanders Commings, CB, UGA in the 3rd. A large (6'1 216lb) CB that could be an ideal fit in press man coverage. Had a big SEC championship game vs Alabama. Still looking for an official scouting report. He's a 2nd round talent, IMO, but was one of the Bulldogs suspended early in the season, so he may have character red flags.

He'll be my first 3rd round pick in my next Dolphins mock.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a big fan of Keenen Allen, I love his size 6-3 205 and versatility to be able to play on the outside and motion him into the slot. He excels at running slants and crossing routes and getting yards after the catch. His numbers would be alot better but he plays with one of the worst QB's in college football. The big thing for keenen come the draft process will be his 40 time this might push him back some if he times well I believe him along with patterson and maybe hunter are the only 3 legit 1st round WR with Tavon on the cusp.

Kyle Long T/G If the long name sounds familar it is he is the brother of chris long and son of howie. He has takin a different raod then brother chris has he went to FSU on a baseball scholorship things didnt work out with grades and a DUI that eventually left him playing at saddlebrook JC before enrolling at oregon. he started the year as a day 3 prospect and now is climbing the charts. He is extremly athletic with light feet with long arms and good inline power he dominated against USC by getting to the second leval and has versatility of playing RG LG and RT. The knock is he is still a bit raw and not alot of experience being this was his only year of starting but he has 1st round talent who is slotted to maybe go round 2. I love his skill and that we need help on the right side,get him into camp and see where he fits best RG or RT and let him do his thing.
SuperDolfan13

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anyone watching the belk bowl? Cincinnati's TE Kelce looks like a physical freak of nature and just smoked Duke's safety on a Lon TD pass. Dude can run! Plus he's 6'6 260. Yes please.

^Props to Waldo
"So the last shall be first, and first shall be last." Matthew 20:16
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chance Warmack OG Alabama: 6'2 325lbs

For his size he has great footwork and pulls as a guard. Does better at run blocking but pass block is very tight as well. Guys say that he is in the film room a lot studying the opponent. I think he would be a great addition to the OL and match good with Martin and Pouncey.

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
Jaytotha

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphan9954 wrote:
In very limited tape, I watched NC State vs. Tennessee, and then Georgia vs. Tennessee. I was trying to watch Justin Hunter, the guy who ended up flashing was Cordarrelle Patterson. Patterson looks to me like faster Brandon Marshall type player. He is currently slated as a late first round pick, but after the combine he has the chance to rise to the middle of the first round. Patterson is raw, and has limited tape because he is a JUCO guy but he has all the physical ability to be a big time receiver.

Patterson is your typical size/strength/speed dream. 6'3 205, projected 4.4 40 yard dash or faster. I saw him run a lot of fly routes, stop routes and then a deadly stop and go. He doesn't run the full route tree at Tennessee, but he can go to a team from day one and be a good deep threat as he develops. Willing blocker, excellent with the ball in hands too.

What I saw of Hunter, is what everyone else basically is saying. Hunter is the most natural receiver in the draft, but coming off an ACL tear last season he didn't look explosive. He supposedly was last year, so I will have to go look at some last year. Hunter (if explosion returns) looks like a good fit in the system. I saw him run a very sharp slant route, looks like he can be vertical as well as run sharp routes. With limited explosion I watched him excel at breaking the press. Hunter is interesting but I need assurance of that knee before I would consider him. Many have him as the best WR in the draft, but much like Robert Woods some of the professionals have dropped them to late first-second round pick.

In all honesty Patterson is the guy I want if we take a WR in the first round. He has size and speed. I think the combine will move him higher but where we will be picking he could be available. I would grab him even if we signed Jennings/Wallace

Adopt a Dolphin: RB Knowshon Moreno

Rushing: 24- 134yds 5.6 Avg 1TD
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anybody else just watch the Alamo Bowl? Alex Okafor the DE for Texas just had 4.5 sacks and a FF and was wreaking havoc all night. He is 6'5 265 and has a very explosive first step. I would love to see him playing opposite Cam next season. Hopefully they will have some highlights up soon. I think he is somebody that can be had in the 2nd unless he blows up at the combine.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been watching the bowls... caught the Alamo Bowl last night and also have seen the Hawaii Bowl and Holiday Bowl. Can't wait for the East West Bowl, link is below. I like The TE from the East.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

Jared Odrick 2014 Adopt A Player : Games - 11, Tackles 11 Assists 3 Sacks 1 Forced Fumbles 1
Joe Philbin Death Watch - After Week 11 : Death 30 Joe 34
Emerica

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we're picking 12th this year. Not bad.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSU is playing Clemson right now in the Chick-fil-a Bowl.

Players to watch:

LSU
Barkevious Mingo DE #49
Sam Montgomery DE #99
Eric Reid S #1
Kevin Minter ILB #46
Bennie Logan DT #18

Clemson
DeAndre Hopkins WR #6
Andre Ellington RB #23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo and hopkins have come to play tonight
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky Brooks
Quote:
Quick observations of the Chick fil-A Bowl between @clemsonfball and @LSUfball: 1. B.Mingo is a freakish athlete. Super explosive off ball

Quote:
2. K.Minter is a tackling machine 3. @clemsonfball Nuke Hopkins is a beast. Big, fast and physical. Strong hands. Very good route runner

Mingo and Montgomery both have a sack. Hopkins has caught 6 passes for 90yds and a TD so far.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
Did anybody else just watch the Alamo Bowl? Alex Okafor the DE for Texas just had 4.5 sacks and a FF and was wreaking havoc all night. He is 6'5 265 and has a very explosive first step. I would love to see him playing opposite Cam next season. Hopefully they will have some highlights up soon. I think he is somebody that can be had in the 2nd unless he blows up at the combine.

I expect Okafor to do well enough at the combine that he would project as a 1st round pick, most years.....only this years DE class is exceptionally strong and I think that a couple of DE's that are normally 1st rounders will be had in the 2nd round.
Emerica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopkins has the clutch gene.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: