Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Ware in offseason?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaBoys

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
The question that needs to be asked, is there enough talent in the top of this draft to significantly upgrade our team at key positions (Oline, DLine, OLB) with out setting our team back? I mean, sure fire, safe picks. If your trading premier players, you better get some top returns.

IMO, If you are going to trade premier players for picks, you best be able to get the players you covet in the draft. That not only takes a trade partner to pull off the trade for the premier player, but also a trade partner during the draft to move up and get the players you want. You can't settle for best available at your spot.

The more important question is if Dallas can't win with Ware and company what would it take to make Dallas a winner ? I am of the opinion the core has maxed out. I don't think any of the core sees a superbowl in a Dallas uniform. Too many fans think we have to get an exact replica of Ware if we trade him. I don't buy into that. Just having more good players and someone different can do wonders for a team.

Why can't Dallas win with Ware? We are one win away from the division, and have Lee, Carter, Ratliff, Brent, and Scandrick out.

I can't even believe you mentioned Scandrick Shocked

He is better in the nick than Jenks, trust me. See the bengals game if you don't believe me. Or the Saints game. He also provides much needed flexibility with our secondary. When he was in, we could line Carr up at FS at times, and keep McCray on the bench. Jenks is not so bad on the outside. Having Car and Sens at safety with Jenks and Mo on the outside, and Scan in the slot is alot better than fielding McCray, Peprah, Moore, and the rest of the street squad. Having Scan out hurts more than lay fan realizes.

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
matt79511

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scandrick was atrocious at the end of the Falcons game, but I thought he played well this year otherwise. And yeah, it was nice to have enough depth at corner to put Carr at safety on obvious pass downs.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBoys wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
The question that needs to be asked, is there enough talent in the top of this draft to significantly upgrade our team at key positions (Oline, DLine, OLB) with out setting our team back? I mean, sure fire, safe picks. If your trading premier players, you better get some top returns.

IMO, If you are going to trade premier players for picks, you best be able to get the players you covet in the draft. That not only takes a trade partner to pull off the trade for the premier player, but also a trade partner during the draft to move up and get the players you want. You can't settle for best available at your spot.

The more important question is if Dallas can't win with Ware and company what would it take to make Dallas a winner ? I am of the opinion the core has maxed out. I don't think any of the core sees a superbowl in a Dallas uniform. Too many fans think we have to get an exact replica of Ware if we trade him. I don't buy into that. Just having more good players and someone different can do wonders for a team.

Why can't Dallas win with Ware? We are one win away from the division, and have Lee, Carter, Ratliff, Brent, and Scandrick out.

I can't even believe you mentioned Scandrick Shocked

He is better in the nick than Jenks, trust me. See the bengals game if you don't believe me. Or the Saints game. He also provides much needed flexibility with our secondary. When he was in, we could line Carr up at FS at times, and keep McCray on the bench. Jenks is not so bad on the outside. Having Car and Sens at safety with Jenks and Mo on the outside, and Scan in the slot is alot better than fielding McCray, Peprah, Moore, and the rest of the street squad. Having Scan out hurts more than lay fan realizes.

We all know this, and I still think we should have played Carr some at FS so Jenkins and Mo could play on the outside. As for Scandrick giving the Cowboys flexibility in the secondary, it only hid the truth that the Cowboys have ignored the SAFETY position for way too long.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.

Last edited by Tony7188 on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scan is an excellent Nickle Corner. People tend to not understand how challenging the slot is and Scan does a good job at it. His tackling needs work though. Shame, I really expected him to have a block FG this season.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
boog3083

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best solution to get quality players.
NextBigThing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a colossal mistake. Ware is arguably the brightest spot of your organization. Coaching and QB play are problems, not the play of Ware.
A sunny disposition is worth more than fortune. Young people should know that it can be cultivated; that the mind like the body can be moved from the shade into sunshine. Thine own reproach alone do fear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: