Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

5 shocking Saints offseason predictions:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: 5 shocking Saints offseason predictions: Reply with quote

1. Saints get their genius back and the damage control PR movement begins:

Like any other player, Saints suspended coach Sean Payton will try to repair the awkwardness between himself and the Saints fan base caused by the bounty gate suspensions and constant posturing of his long-term commitment to the club by publicly stating that New Orleans was where he wanted to be all along and that he never considered for one moment leavingÖ and like any other player in his situation, he will be lying to us.

2. Players you think will be goneÖ wonít be:

Will Smith and Jonathan Vilma are the likely suspected cap causalities for a team looking at being 16 million over budget. The aging and high priced defensive veterans are logically considered to be good as gone but I donít see it that way.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/drew-brees-help-clean-saints-salary-cap-mess-151731534--nfl.html

In this article, it explains how the Saints in two simple restructures of Drew Brees & Jahari Evans contract could save the club about 12 million in cap space heading into the offseason. Yes, Vilma and Smith will be asked to take major pay reductions in order to remain a part of the team and I see them both doing so. These are two of the most promenade defensive players of the Sean Payton era and if you think they will simply just be shown the door you obviously donít know how the Saints operate.

3. Saints wonít have a lot of money to spend in FA but will make at least one shocker signing:

In an effort to improve their roster on the cheap while also sending Rodger Goodell the preverbal middle finger in the process. The Saints fill Sedrick Ellisís roster spot with their former bounty gate victim in Anthony Hargrove. Hargrove wasnít quite an ideal fit for what Greg Williams wanted to do upfront but under Spagnuolo Hargrove would fit this defensive scheme like a glove. The former Saints are versatile enough to play any position on Spagnuoloís defensive front and would provide quality depth and much needed interior pass rushing ability. Hargrove showed great loyalty to his former team and coaches throughout the bounty scandal and I look for him to be donning the black and gold one more time in 2013.

4. Strawberry salad eating Jermon Bushrod will be overpaid in free agency and it wonít be by the Saints:

Itís been a good run for Bushrod in New Orleans but I think it comes to an end this offseason. With the veteran tackle likely looking for the most long-term security he can get in his last chance at a major contract I just donít see the money strapped Saints obliging his contract demands. My immediate guess is that heíll be heading back home to Philly but regardless, the Saints are likely to be in the market for a new blindside proctor for Drew Brees.

5. The Saints will not draft the BPA when they go on the clock in April but will opt to fill their biggest need instead.

Much will be made about how the Saints will need to address their aging defense in the 1st round of the NFL draft but this is a offensive generated league and the Saints boost one of the best in the game. Sean Payton is a mastermind as an offensive play caller while Drew Brees is an assassin out on the field with his pin point accuracy but all that will be in jeopardy next season if the offensive tackle position is not addressed. Jermon Bushrod is a solid player and the Saints will likely try to retain him but they canít overpay. Bushrod is destined to get a fat contract in a weak free agency class as teams look to fill needs before the draft. By losing Bushrod the Saints will all but likely head into the NFL draft hoping one of the classes top tackle prospects falls into their lap with their 1st round selection. While the drafts top player at the position Texas A&Mís Luke Joeckel will likely be off the board far before the Saints pick, there are some secondary prospects that could start from day one on the Saints offensive front. Joeckelís A&M teammate Jake Matthews, Michiganís Taylor Lewan & Central Michiganís Eric Fisher all will grade out as prospects that could come in and protect Drew Brees and the Saints 2013 playoff hopes.

WHODAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Saint-Anger_13

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with 3 out of 5

2. Vilma and Smith will be dealt with Lofton cannot step into a role that Vilma almost five years ago stepped into replacing Mark Simoneau

Smith has Jordan, galette, romeus and anyone else Spags once to bring in.
Those to are at the end of their roads. and with a new era starting, I dont see them in 2013

5. The draft

Call me crazy but I see the Saints trading down. with so many spots that need addressing. and some fresh blood in the works. their are alot of good young players that can be picked up. and our past 1st rounders have not been kind folks
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess its a wait and see with Smith and Vilma but as far as trading down... it would be nice but ya gotta have someone not only willing to move up but also willing to pay for it.

jcvoodoo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see what happens in mid-March and late April! I'm stoked Wink

^NS922 on the sig^
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcvoodoo wrote:
Can't wait to see what happens in mid-March and late April! I'm stoked Wink

As am I!

tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be mad if Will Smith was back, but I wouldn't mind Vilma coming back (restructured) to backup Lofton in the middle when needed and play on passing downs.

I would love to see Vilma retire a Saint if the price was right.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
I would be mad if Will Smith was back, but I wouldn't mind Vilma coming back (restructured) to backup Lofton in the middle when needed and play on passing downs.

I would love to see Vilma retire a Saint if the price was right.

TD, this is what I keep thinking about... YES Smith should be gone but ya know what, we been saying that for 3 years! I know his contract demands something be done but I just see the Saints and Smith agreeing to a restructured number that will wind up being lower than what they would have to pay another quality free agent this offseason.

I feel bad for alot of Saints fans... so many of us are expecting major changes this offseason but the fact is that were BROKE! The realiaty is that our current aging veterans will likely be our best options for the price and thats just the sad fact of this busniess and that is what happens when you hang onto players for to long.

I honestly don't see much changing in personel this offseason and the Saints will be on the cheap because alot of the Mickey Magic is finally catching up with us.

Ya can only rob Peter to pay Paul so many times befo it eventually ends up biting ya in the you know what! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: