Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bye Bye Sparano
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot who it was that mentioned it, but I like what the Texans did. Instead of firing their HC for a more defensive minded coach, they pulled in Phillips and gave him control. I think thats what we should do for our offense.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
I forgot who it was that mentioned it, but I like what the Texans did. Instead of firing their HC for a more defensive minded coach, they pulled in Phillips and gave him control. I think thats what we should do for our offense.

Id be willing to do that if we could get a guy like Norv or a proven OC in here. Give him the keys to the offense and don't even let Rex in the garage. He can focus on the defense and re finding the "pulse" of his locker room yet again.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Id be willing to do that if we could get a guy like Norv or a proven OC in here. Give him the keys to the offense and don't even let Rex in the garage. He can focus on the defense and re finding the "pulse" of his locker room yet again.

I like the idea but are we assuming a new GM? If so he's gonna want a new HC and new coordinators.
What is the over under on when woody drops the hammer?
green24

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I like the idea but are we assuming a new GM? If so he's gonna want a new HC and new coordinators.

Black Monday.

#TeamManfred
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Well sometimes a new GM doesn't mean the HC is out. If I remember correctly; when Mike Holmgren took over for the Browns, he gave Mangini one more year. But it really depends on who we hire and if they like Rex or not.

I say hire a OC who knows what he is doing, let him take full control of it and let Rex focus on defense and etc. But the GM will be the most important because he will have to bring in talent on offense, and not lose talent on defense.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
Only the Jets could hire a guy that is as bad as Schotty.

Can we PLEASE get an offensive guru with a proven track record? Is that too much to ask?
His play calling was not as bad as Schotty...but his gameplans are much worse than Schotty. Granted, he doesn't nearly have the talent on O Schotty had.

Schotty's play calling was either very good or very bad. Sparano's was never really that good, it was never as obvious as Schotty but whatever it was it was conservative. Also his handling of Sanchez/Tebow was pretty terrible and it was an on going problem for him. It seemed as though right when Sanchez got hot he would pull him.

Also in Dallas Haley was also calling the shots and it is clear Haley is superior player caller to Sparano, I think he was the dominate figure in that offense.
Yeah, his handling of Tebow/Sanchez was really the only my only major complaint. I think with more talented personnel, Sparano would have been an okay fit...and I also believe many of his issues this season (save for the Tebow/Sanchez usage) stem from the lack of talent.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say Sparano has been terrible, it's tough to judge him with how this season has played out. No talent anywhere on offense, 1 inconsistent QB and the most hyped up backup in the league. This season just wasn't a good situation for anyone on offense.

He won't be back, but I'm not pinning our lack of offense solely on him.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: