Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Will the Cowboys do it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your gut feeling about this game?
Dallas wins convincingly
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Dallas wins a close one
47%
 47%  [ 19 ]
Dallas loses
45%
 45%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 40

Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
But this team is a wounded animal.

Beware of a wounded animal backed into a corner...they can be ferocious.

^^^mack
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

And that's why they are a much better team? They were 3-6 at one point in the season just like we were 3-5.

I fail to see your point. We can win. Or we could lose. Romo can (and has) overcome a lot with this team as it is. But this team is a wounded animal.

My point is that I don't think they are a much better team then us. We do have some key injuries but I think we should be able to beat the Redskins, who are also missing Orakpo, their starting safety and have terrible CBs. Not to mention a wounded RG3 behind a suspect OL. I don't see how they are a much better team than us and I was just asking why did you think so.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Tony7188 wrote:

And that's why they are a much better team? They were 3-6 at one point in the season just like we were 3-5.

I fail to see your point. We can win. Or we could lose. Romo can (and has) overcome a lot with this team as it is. But this team is a wounded animal.

My point is that I don't think they are a much better team then us. We do have some key injuries but I think we should be able to beat the Redskins, who are also missing Orakpo, their starting safety and have terrible CBs. Not to mention a wounded RG3 behind a suspect OL. I don't see how they are a much better team than us and I was just asking why did you think so.

Mike Shanahan

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Unfortunately, everything that Moz just said is the perception and will be the perception until the cowboys finish.

I also hate that fans are already building in excuses due to injuries. The redskins have one of the worst pass defenses in NFL. Good teams and coaches find a way to win.

There is only so much that heart and effort can do to mask talent, Slam.

I don't expect us to win. We have one starting LB healthy. We have one starting DL healthy. That's rough.

We are resilient as hell though. Something may have not wanted to give credit for until recently.

Outlaw....does Washington have a Ware ? Witten ? Romo ? Spencer ? Dez ?...Should Dallas lose again this is why there are fans who won't have a problem trading away any of those players. We haven't won anything with them. Why not move in another direction if it's another failed season ? Both teams have been irrealevant on the nfl landscape for so long some of the younger fans don't remember how intense this rivalry was once upon a time. In the 70's and 80's there was true hatred between the teams and fanbases. And I STILL HATE THEM....

I find it funny that you used the name of two players who should be on IR when discrediting injuries...

As for your second point, about the fans, in not sure why that matters. ~75% of post on a football forums are posted out of emotion and have almost no logic or sound thought process involved.

Thirdly, it would be idiotic if teams "moved in a different direction" every time there was a failed season. 31 teams have a failed season.. most teams have been failing for many many years..
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Unfortunately, everything that Moz just said is the perception and will be the perception until the cowboys finish.

I also hate that fans are already building in excuses due to injuries. The redskins have one of the worst pass defenses in NFL. Good teams and coaches find a way to win.

I don't expect us to win. We have one starting LB healthy. We have one starting DL healthy. That's rough.

We are resilient as hell though. Something may have not wanted to give credit for until recently.

Outlaw....does Washington have a Ware ? Witten ? Romo ? Spencer ? Dez ?...Should Dallas lose again this is why there are fans who won't have a problem trading away any of those players. We haven't won anything with them. Why not move in another direction if it's another failed season ? Both teams have been irrealevant on the nfl landscape for so long some of the younger fans don't remember how intense this rivalry was once upon a time. In the 70's and 80's there was true hatred between the teams and fanbases. And I STILL HATE THEM....

I find it funny that you used the name of two players who should be on IR when discrediting injuries...

As for your second point, about the fans, in not sure why that matters. ~75% of post on a football forums are posted out of emotion and have almost no logic or sound thought process involved.

Thirdly, it would be idiotic if teams "moved in a different direction" every time there was a failed season. 31 teams have a failed season.. most teams have been failing for many many years..

Skins have injuries too. They aren't exclusive property of Dallas. Lame excuse as well.

If fans opinions didn't matter you wouldn't be reading them.

Agree , logic can get lost by Kool-ade drinking fans. Of course a failed decade or two is no reason to make changes. It's great being mediocre or bad every season. Brilliance on full display. Shocked LOL
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Skins have injuries too. They aren't exclusive property of Dallas. Lame excuse as well.

Agree , logic can get lost by Kool-ade drinking fans. Of course a failed decade or two is no reason to make changes. It's great being mediocre or bad every season. Brilliance on full display. Shocked LOL

I've got to say I'm impressed by Mensa. He clearly fits right in and is a welcomed addition to the forum.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
DEZ88PLAYMAKER2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JUST WIN BABY!

I live in DC and this is what I called a month ago. One shot one kill and bragging rights for months with a fan base that is rightfully excited with the arrival of BOB and the home team's new found success. These fans are Charles Manson faithful and the thought of me going 9 months or so with the biggest stick in the last 15-20 years after a decade of arguing who is the best bad team in a lopsided head to head matchup would be PRICELESS!!!!

JUST WIN BABY

To the facts as I see them. The Pigs and the Boys are equally banged up on the defensive side. Orako, Carriker and Merriweather were 3 of the top 5 for them and they basically have average or less talent in the other position with Hall and Fletcher (maybe Kerigan) being the only other value added players. We know who we have missing on defense but we are before and after injury still a better defense.

BOB and Alfred Morris who is just as responsible for the success they have had are the only players worth mentioning on this offense really. Williams got an honorary trip but their line is average at best. Moss and Garçon are Moss and Garçon. Our offense is better when healthy and is for the most part healthy.

34 - 27 Dallas

Jerry is still an idiot. Redball still can't call plays or manage games.Our line still sucks in a major way. It comes down to what it has for the last several years. If Romo plays lights out we win, if he turns the ball over we lose. Here lately I like my chances a lot better.

JUST WIN BABY

JERRY JONES is Al Davis 2.0 so JUST WIN BABY!!!!!

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

Thanks for the sig mike23md
Tony7188

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

I've got to say I'm impressed by Mensa. He clearly fits right in and is a welcomed addition to the forum.

I say he's a welcomed member to the DCRA Slam. What do you think? Very Happy

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

You completely missed the point. Do you consider a run to the conference finals a success? How about getting to the Superbowl, but coming up one win short. What Matts is saying is that nobody is acknowledging anything other than a Superbowl victory as a successful season. And I agree with him.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You completely missed the point. Do you consider a run to the conference finals a success? How about getting to the Superbowl, but coming up one win short. What Matts is saying is that nobody is acknowledging anything other than a Superbowl victory as a successful season. And I agree with him

I didn't miss the point at all. He was trying to be condescending and a smartass.

Superbowl ? LOL , this team hasn't sniffed a superbowl since Clinton was prez. Ergo the reference to change. A successful season in Dallas right now would be a deep run in the playoffs. It's not like Dallas has been getting incremently better over the last few years and are primed to win a superbowl. Trust me, I've been waiting for it.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:
You completely missed the point. Do you consider a run to the conference finals a success? How about getting to the Superbowl, but coming up one win short. What Matts is saying is that nobody is acknowledging anything other than a Superbowl victory as a successful season. And I agree with him

I didn't miss the point at all. He was trying to be condescending and a smartass.

Superbowl ? LOL , this team hasn't sniffed a superbowl since Clinton was prez. Ergo the reference to change. A successful season in Dallas right now would be a deep run in the playoffs. It's not like Dallas has been getting incremently better over the last few years and are primed to win a superbowl. Trust me, I've been waiting for it.

I agree. At this point, this season is about building positive momentum towards next year. Winning a couple of playoff games with the injuries we've had would absolutely be a success.

If we can do that, there will be a lot of momentum for next year with all the players we have injured.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

I agree. At this point, this season is about building positive momentum towards next year. Winning a couple of playoff games with the injuries we've had would absolutely be a success.

If we can do that, there will be a lot of momentum for next year with all the players we have injured.

The DCRA is so much like Jerry Jones, they don't even realize it. It's funny.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WareWolf94 wins the thread.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

You're right, I should trust you because you have been waiting for it and I haven't. I may be young, but I want this just as badly as you do. And if we don't win it all, then it doesn't matter. We lost. Its a failure. I don't care how close we have been in the past however long. In my eyes, we should contend for the Superbowl every year. And you are being just as condescending as Matts, as you have been since you joined the forum

EDIT: We can say smartass on here?

Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I simply pity those who can see no difference between the 2012 and 2011 iterations of this team. Even more do I pity who see no difference between 1997-2004, and 2005-on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: